ORATIONEM


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjm8JtImAfRt4B8UuuTWw7rkldja4M0S5Dv8ydGHy-ns0jbbi9sbZeERR2OHTu1CzzuS1Lq9YhwXS3LYvtvND8O2AlpG7SaRvcx6FX3HwiMw1SuFfFXoM1d8FV44FrN24WiC0XBYA5UxUA/s1600/test.gif

 BAND NAME: Orationem
GENRE: Unblack Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: USA (Illinois)

Formed in 2015.
Originally meant to be anonymous, but later revealed by Thomas to be his project.

Contact:
contact [AT] orationem [DOT] com

Lineup:
Thomas Eversole (ex-Grim, etc) - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
Official site + Merch (flashing lights)
Discography:

.................................................... Original 3000x3000 res [here].


Orationem / Self-Titled (album)

Left:
June, 2015, Independent, CD-R (sold out)
Right:
2015, Wanhoop Music, CD
26 September, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, Bandcamp
26 September, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, CD

CD photo above is from the Independent version; the layout photo above is from the CMU version. As always we welcome pictures from other versions, too, we just don't happen to have those right now.

1) I Come to You for Guidance
6:00, lyrics:
Dear great and merciful Father
I forever praise Your name
I come to You for guidance
For all the choices I must make in this life

Please give me the understanding
To make the best decisions
For my friends and family
So I can be an asset to them
To best do Your will

I wish to base all my choices
On Your infinite wisdom
As You know what’s best for me
And can do for me what I cannot do for myself


2) To Be the Best Representation of My Faith
5:52, lyrics:
Beloved boundless and powerful God in heaven
I adore and love You
You have given me this life
And the free will to have my faith in You

I know I will make mistakes in my life
My emotions will be illogical
And I will unintentionally harm and offend others

I desire to be an example
To be the best representation of my faith
For everyone involved in my life

Please grant me the humility
To promptly admit my wrongdoings
And minimize the errors I will make


3) Your Glory and Power
6:54, lyrics:
Dear wonderful and limitless Creator
My faith is in You
Thank you for sending Your Son
Jesus Christ
With His gift of salvation
To provide everlasting life

I know there are skeptics
And those who exalt evil
I earnestly pray that they come to see
Your glory and power

Please lead me to bear witness
So that those who are lost
Come to know You
Let how I live my life
Be a representation of
The Joy I have in You


4) A Sense of Spirituality
5:42, lyrics:
Adored divine and gracious Lord
I exalt You
Forever I will abide by You
I desire to be in Your presence

Guide me to follow Your will
Please aid me to not be distracted
By what is temporary
Thank You for instilling in me
A sense of spirituality

I have had turmoil in my life
Whenever I have tried to
Follow my own inclinations

Under Your wings
I have strength
You have never failed me
Or forsaken me
Thank You for Your love


5) Your Teachings, Your Love
8:04, lyrics:
Lord Christ Jesus
You are my savior
I forever will worship You

Teach me to live
I’m grateful for what you have done for me
I’ll always admire You

I enjoy the camaraderie I have
With my brothers and sisters in faith
Together we can revel in Your glory
And spiritual triumph

Thank you for Your guidance
Your teachings, Your love
Let us all praise Your greatness


6) Sacred and Blessed Are You
5:26, lyrics:
Dear Almighty Lord in Heaven
Sacred and blessed are You

I realize that I will have to labor hard
To be successful in my life
Please grant me the restraint and focus
To care for my loved ones
To maintain my health
And do Your will

With your power
I will be able to thrive in this world
So that I may eternally glorify You
in the next


................................................ Original 3000x3000 res [here].


Fulfiller, Sustainer, Preserving Protector (album)

Left:
Left: November, 2015, Independent, CD-R, sold out
Right:
18 October, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, Bandcamp and CD

1) Through the Teachings of Your Son
8:00, lyrics:
Dear vast and compassionate Founder of life
Your love and kindness completes me
Through the teachings of Your Son Jesus Christ,
I thrive in my life on earth

You are more than just Creator of the universe
The strength you’ve given me
Allows me to triumphs over any trials I may face

Please help me to be closer to You
And guide me to base all my decisions
On Your will

On a daily basis, I want to increase
My spiritual connection with You


2) In Awe of Your Greatness
6:14, lyrics:
Cherished significant and mighty God
I am in awe of Your greatness

Years back, when I insisted on
Living life on my terms
On my will
You brought me redemption
Gave me the serenity and wisdom
To not only restore my life
But become a blessing to those
Instead of a burden

Please lead me to Your blessings
and aid me in balance and maintenance
I do not wish to revert back into darkness
Or exhume old behaviors

Please clear my mind and
Direct my focus on You


3) Fulfiller, Sustainer, Preserving Protector
7:08, lyrics:
Dear magnificent and immeasurable Designer
I will eternally praise Your name
You are the most high, divine Inspirer,
Compassionate Lord, forgiving Savior,
Fulfiller, Sustainer, preserving Protector

While I enjoy my time on earth
I look forward to eternity with You

I feel privileged to be one of Your children
With Jesus Christ in my heart and life
I am never alone,

My celestial Father provides and cares


4) Divine Peace and Contentment
6:48, lyrics:
Remarkable and Holy Lord Jesus Christ
I strive for divine peace and contentment
I cannot will alone, for myself to be joyful
But by being an example to others
And doing Your will
I find true bliss

I realize that nothing happens
In God’s world by mistake
And as one of God’s children
I don’t crawl before anyone

My life is but a ripple
In this vast universe
But if I can make a difference
In one person’s life
By providing a kind word
Or being a shoulder to lean on
I am being a resource to
All of mankind

This brings happiness


5) In Your Grace
7:03, lyrics:
Beloved and extraordinary Teacher
I thank You for everyone in my life
By the way I act, according to Your instructions
I have no enemies

Everything happens for a reason
There is an opportunity to learn
From every person I’ve met

Please guide me to have an open mind
For in humility, I know I don’t have
All the answers

Help me to learn from others
And grow in Your grace


6) The Audition for Success
6:58, lyrics:
Lord Christ Jesus
I have the utmost gratitude
For the lessons I have learned

I realize, that every obstacle
And discomfort I face
In my daily circles
Are only temporal
And not too great to handle

Every hindrance is an opportunity
And a chance to grow.
I am extremely thankful that
Every challenge I face
Is the audition for success


7) I Will Glorify You Forever
6:22, lyrics:
Cherished Supreme Lord in the Heavens
You are worthy of all praise
No one can measure Your greatness
And I proclaim Your glory
Openly and vigorously

I pray on Your splendor
And the miracles You have performed
You are filled with endless love

Whenever someone is hungry
And thirsts for You
You are there

You do not deny anyone
Who seeks You

Oh Bringer of truth and light
I will glorify You
Forever and ever



Not Live in Central Illinois: A Night of Black Metal for Christ (compilation)

20 November, 2015, CDBaby (link expired), Spotify, iTunes
October-November, 2016, YouTube, link expired
10 November, 2017, YouTube, reuploaded (OFFICIAL)

A compilation of songs form the first two albums, presented in a way that's meant to replicate a live album. This includes a bit of reverb, audience sounds, commentary between songs, etc.
The album is presented as a single "track", but includes various songs throughout:
1) Your Glory and Power
2) Your Teachings, Your Love
3) Divine Peace and Contentment
4) Fulfiller, Sustainer, Preserving Protector
5) A Sense of Spirituality
6) In Awe of Your Greatness
7) I Come to You for Guidance
8) The Audition for Success
9) In Your Grace
10) I Will Glorify You Forever

1) Not Live in Central Illinois: A Night of Black Metal for Christ 1:02:48



Orationem & Fufliller, Sustainer, Preserving Protector (compilation, UNRELEASED, Vision of God Records)

Meant to be a more "standard" compilation of the first two albums, rather than the live format of "Not Live in Central Illinois". Also, the plan was to exclude the ambient intros/outros, and just have a straight metal album.

This image has been resized.
To view the original 3000x3000 res, click [here].

NO SLEEP TILL MEGIDDO VERSION

CHRISTIAN METAL UNDERGROUND VERSION

Pure Peace and Joy, Love and Kindness (album)

March, 2016, Independent, CD (sold out)
 12 March, 2016, No Sleep till Megiddo Records, CD-R
20 October, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, Bandcamp
20 October, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, CD

A few copies printed by Thomas (less than 8) had a printing error that caused the artwork to be tinted slightly green, rather than black-and-white.

1) Within You Is Healing, Comfort and Rest
6:33, lyrics:
Divine Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ and Holy Father
I ask for Your help

It feels as if my flesh is cursed
I am frail, and weak
Pain walks with me
Death stares at me

Help me to keep
my focus on You
as not to be distracted
by my ailments
For within You is healing
comfort and rest

Please remove my maladies
I wish to remain on this earth
to laugh, live and love
and worship You

Merciful God
I thank you for the blessings
You have given me
and I'll do my part
to maintain my strength
endure pain and
ignore death


2) That My Spirit Be Made Whole
7:39, lyrics:
O Great and Wise
Creator of all Life
I am in need of You

My mind and spirit
are affected by illness
Incessant and relentless
is my affliction
Suffering and agony
wish to take place
in my heart

Please help me to fight
bitterness and contempt
Allow me to find
the utmost joy
in moments I have relief

I pray to you My Lord
to have serenity
and that my spirit
be made whole
so that my mind and body
will follow in healing


3) Overwhelmed with Gratitude
8:25, lyrics:
Praise be to God
Jesus Christ as redeemer
and protector of His children

I am overwhelmed
with gratitude
that I do not have to face
trials alone

When despair and tragedy
made its way into my life
my friends and family
even acquaintances
and kind strangers
were there
to help my spirit
and lend their support

In the past
when I have tried to battle
my obstacles alone
I have failed

With the aid of humanity
and the Almighty God
I can not only survive
but thrive in this
ever-changing world


4) Eternity with My Lord and Savior
8:58, lyrics:
Blessed are You
Eternal Father
the Son, the Christ
The Holy Light

Your power is limitless
Your compassion
knows no bounds
Your love is astonishing
and I marvel in Your glory

Blessed am I
to be provided
the spiritual food I need
For those who seek You
shall surely find

Everything in this world
has a season
everything I will ever know
will eventually rot and decay

While I wish to stay
on Earth with the ones I love
I look forward to eternity
with my Lord and Savior

Oh wondrous King of Kings
I pray that everyone
will draw to You

How remarkable it will be
in Your presence
with no pain, no suffering
no disdaining thoughts or actions
and strife will fade away

Just pure peace and joy
love and kindness
with our Savior
forever


5) Beauty in Your Creation
7:31, lyrics:
Extraordinary and remarkable
Lord of the Heavens,
Earth and Universe
I praise You with all of my being

I thank You for the choices
I can make, and my free will
of action and thought

Despite the hindrances
in an imperfect world
There is much joy to have

There is much beauty
in Your creation
I stand in nature, silent
and marvel at the details

The laughter I have
is rewarding and healing
I do not wish to take life
too seriously

I am grateful that
love triumphs over bitterness
and that a positive perspective
brings with it a durable calm

Fulfilled and Sustained (single, 18 August, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)
#1 in a series of videos called "black metal prayer sessions".

1) Fulfilled and Sustained
1:40, lyrics:
Endless and Great Creator
You alone are the most high
I have been fulfilled through Your grace
and blessed by Your love

I have been sustained through Your mercy
and I am privileged to be Your child

With your Son, the Christ,
in my heart and life
I am never alone

Serenity and Satisfaction (single, 23 August, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)

#2 in the "black metal prayer sessions" series.

1) Serenity and Satisfaction
2:36, lyrics:
Astonishing Lord Jesus Christ
I strive for serenity and satisfaction
For it is through spirituality
I find my purpose

My life is but a drop
In this ocean of life
But in Your name, I can be an example
Through words and actions
Thus creating a memory of Your Grace

I cannot keep your glory to myself
I must share it with others
For with that, brings contentment and peace

Guidance (single, 5 September, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)
#3 in the "black metal prayer sessions" series.

1) Guidance
2:05, lyrics:
Dear merciful Father and Holy Lord
Please bless me with Your guidance
The teachings of Christ and
Your voice in prayer
Is what I yearn for

Life is full of options
and I long for guidance
to do your will
You know what’s best for me
And can do for me what I cannot do for myself





Your Presence and Strength (album)

2016, Independent, CD (sold out)
25 October, 2016, Christian Metal Underground, CD
20 October, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, Bandcamp

Layout photos above are from the independent, and CMU versions, respectively.

1) To Turn This Ailment
6:47, lyrics:
Oh great Healer and Protector
Jesus Christ in heaven
Please carry me through
this path of pain

For a long time
I have suffered
with sickness and discomfort

Cancer has taken from me
quality of life
forcing me to rely on others
for a year

I know there is a reason
I have survived
I know there is a reason
that I am going through this

I continue to pray
for relief of my symptoms
For the knowledge of Your will
and that one day
I will be able to turn this ailment
into strength


2) Your Presence and Strength
7:10, lyrics:
Lord,
I seek and love You
and am in awe of
Your breathing beauty

I immerse myself
in nature
Everywhere I look
I am surrounded by life

The wind carries Your song
The trees surge in Your name
Wildlife reflects Your design

Witnessing Your works
on this earth
with eyes You have created
fills me with amazement

I praise You
Holy Lord God
that everywhere I look
I am reminded of
Your presence and strength


3) Conflicted
6:53, lyrics:
Glorified and praised
Holy God on the throne
Your kindness is abundant

For all the trials
I have faced in my life
I find myself conflicted
in my mental well being

Depression
anger turned inward
distracts me
from what's really important
for this time on Earth

I cannot fix my thinking
with corrupt thinking

Jesus, I come to you
for mental guidance
to focus on You
and the joys of life

I constantly strive
to prevail in my outlook
as my perception
creates quality life


4) Comfort That Never Fails
6:40, lyrics:
Christ the Liberator
I once again seek You
I need Your comfort
that never fails

While there are many
joys to be had in life
I see many who struggle

Please guide me
to be able to aid those
who are down in life

I come to You
to say the right things
and that my advice
will benefit them

Holy God, assist them
that they come to You
Life doesn't have
to overwhelm
in the light of Your glory


5) Missing the Answer
6:28, lyrics:
Living and Breathing God
of this universe
I celebrate in Your glory

I've encountered individuals
that do not know You
They seem to wander aimlessly
in life, missing the answer

I wish to tell everyone
about Your saving grace
How a relationship with You
enhances living

Please enable me
with the courage and the words
to make an impact

Praise be to the Lord
Jesus Christ
I hope everyone will
come to know You


6) A Better Example
6:15, lyrics:
Dear Christ the King
Son of God and Inspiring Force
Please use me to reach others
in Your name

I know I fall short
and I am a sinner
I am filled with gratitude
that You have paid
for my sins

I wish to repent
from old behavior
Please use Your blood
and wash me pure

I know I can make progress
in the choices I make
I can be a better example
on how to live

I yearn to be like Christ
to be a beacon of love
and a comrade to those
who are in need


7) Points of Contrast
8:12, lyrics:
Excellent and remarkable
Deity known as God the Father
Son and Holy Spirit

You have many followers
and many feel Your presence
but differences in doctrine
and tradition
have created conflict

I pray to You
that we can set aside
points of contrast
and keep Your love
and glory as our core

We will be known
as Christians for our love
to be the best portrayal
of Christ as we can

Please help us to understand
that what's really important
we already have

Salvation and love
through You



Sickness into Strength (single, 6 November, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)

#4 in the "black metal prayer sessions" series.
1) Sickness into Strength
1:37, lyrics:
Oh great Savior and Lord
King of Kings in heaven
For long I have suffered
with a serious illness

Cancer has taken from me
quality of life
forcing me to walk
this path of pain

Thank you Christ Jesus
for relief of my symptoms
I will turn this sickness
into strength


A Blessing for All (single, 5 January, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)

Written on the thumbnail:
"Exclusive YouTube Track #1"

1) A Blessing for All
8:12, lyrics:
Great and Magnificent Jesus Christ
I will always pray to You
Your greatness and Your mercy
Is more than we deserve
God please bless me 
to continue to do Your will
Please bless my wife Kaytlyn


as she means everything to me
I ask that You bless my mother and father, Ron and Doris
I thank them for their love and support
I am thankful for my brother Brad


who brings me joy and laughter
Lord, please bless the members 
on
The Blackest Light, The Christian Metal Realm


and the Sanctuary International

for their happiness and their well being

as they continue to help me learn
Father, please bless Duane

with Vision of God and its record labels

that his ministry will thrive and grow
God bless my sobriety homegroup


as they spiritually improve their lives
God bless the Ire and those who play

as it brings me much joy
I thank you for everyone

who has listened to Orationem


and everyone who has helped me

in my fight with cancer
Lord, please make this New Year

a blessing for all
We rely on You
We need You
You are worthy of all praise



You Are Here (single, 13 January, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)

#5 in the "black metal prayer sessions" series.

1) You Are Here
1:25, lyrics:
Father,
I yearn for Your love
and I am in awe of
Your majesty

I immerse myself
in Your word
and in prayer

The storms show Your power
The world is Your domain
and Your design

I praise You
Holy Christ Jesus
Everywhere I look
I am reminded
That You are here

Your Agape Love (single, 12 February, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)

Written on the thumbnail:
"Exclusive YouTube Track #2"

1) Your Agape Love
7:10, lyrics:
Beautiful and powerful
Author of life
Cherished Christ and benevolent Lord

Please show me Your agape love
Please show me how to love and devote to others
I wish for a yearning heart
That triumphs over hatred, resentment and anger
For every minute I rage, I miss out on love

Please guide me, my Savior
To best show my affection
Through gifts, through duty
With affirmations and a kind touch
With contributed time to show my passion

I wish to maintain my heart
With Your love as my core
It is because of Your grace
That I will be in Your presence one day

Beautiful and powerful
Author of life
Cherished Christ and benevolent Lord

Please show me Your agape love
Please show me how to love and devote to others

I wish for a yearning heart
That triumphs over hatred, resentment and anger
For every minute I rage, I miss out on love

Please guide me, my Savior
To best show my affection
Through gifts, through duty
With affirmations and a kind touch
With contributed time to show my passion

I wish to maintain my heart
With Your love as my core
It is because of Your grace
That I will be in Your presence one day



Hymns of the Blackest Light, Volume 1 (Compilation, 20 March, 2017, Fallen Oak Recording)
Formats: CD and Bandcamp
CD is sold out
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

5) Orationem - A Blessing for All 8:12, see above for lyrics

This image has been resized.
To view the original 3000x3000 res, click [here].


Trve Holy Black Metal (album)

30 August, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, CD
14 September, 2017, Christian Metal Underground, Bandcamp

Sometimes misspelled online as "True Holy Black Metal".
The spelling of "Trve" on the cover art is intentional.

1) My Lord Is Still Here
7:13, lyrics:
Jesus Christ
Creator and Savior of all
I wish to think
on what is righteous, just,
noble and pure

I know You are always with me
Even when I am distracted
and far away in thought

My Lord is still here

Please cleanse my mind
point me toward Your will
deliver me from despair
and any trouble
real or imagined

For with You, I know no fear
The God of all is in control
You have given me
a firm place to stand
and have placed a song
in my heart


2) Christ Fill My Heart
7:05, lyrics:
Blessed Redeemer
please take my anger, hate,
resentment and stubbornness

Christ, fill my heart
with love, laughter and song

I wish to be virtuous
I long to be like You
Lord enable me to help others
and be patient in all things

Everything I know on this earth
is temporary
I strive to invest in spirituality
than this world and its controversy

Enrich me with hope
remind me of your holiness
teach me how to love others
as You have loved me


3) Trve Holy Black Metal
6:25, lyrics:
Lord, I bow to You in worship
You made me the way I am
I am Your soldier
and Your instrument in song

I shout the praises to
the one true holy God
Who was and is and is to come

Jesus Christ
the world is Your domain
with my abilities You've granted
I perform for You

I have been saved from hell
from the grasp of sin and death
because of that, this music
is in Your name

Trve Holy Black Metal
with crashing cymbals and melody
This music is my threshold
to exalt You, the Most High


4) The Forgiver
7:26, lyrics:
Dear Heavenly Father
I thank You for the rest
you have given me
when I was weary with illness

Christ, the Forgiver
You were pierced
for our transgressions
and crushed for our iniquities
You have redeemed my life
from the darkest abyss

There is much pain in this life
but You have freed me
from suffering

I will do God's work
while I am still here
but I eagerly await the day
when sorrow, pain,
death and sin
will pass away


5) A Reflection of Your Design
6:46, lyrics:
I rejoice in my salvation
I am joyful to the Lord
My God, You are everything to me

Because of my joy in You
I desire to praise Your name
My head is filled with music
my art is a reflection of Your design

With my Lord and Savior
Jesus Christ
in my heart and life
I will put to use
the gift of music
that I have been given

When I create
powerful songs
with moving emotion
I am overwhelmed with joy
that I can praise you
for eternity


6) I Reject Evil
6:57, lyrics:
O most holy Christ,
You have heard our cries
You are the stronghold
for my extended Christian family

Everything You have willed
and allowed
is what's best for me
even if it's not my plan

I reject evil
I do not desire what is false
My suffering has made me steadfast
for You have held me firm

Please let these compositions
be a reference to Your grace

Help me to tell those
who wander in darkness
that Jesus is The Light
the destruction of turmoil
and Everlasting Peace



Hymns of the Blackest Light, Volume 2 (Compilation, 23 April, 2018, Fallen Oak Recording)
Formats: CD and Bandcamp
CD sold out
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Orationem - The Blackest Light
6:00, lyrics:
Kind and devoted
Designer of the universe
Please bless our music
as we walk with You.

Black metal is a harsh
and blessed masterpiece
Please help us to disregard
the bias of those
who don't understand

The grim melodies
the unforgiving production
mixed with a message
that helps a hurting soul

A beacon of light in the darkness
A dark presentation
to quench a dark desire

This is what makes
Christian black metal
The Blackest Light



When We Are Wounded (album)

5 October, 2018, Christian Metal Underground Records, Bandcamp
6 October, 2018, Christian Metal Underground Records, CD

1) Antithesis
4:55, lyrics:
To the Christian death
and Christian black metal scenes,
I am pleased
there are those who follow Christ
who enjoy harsh and brutal metal

Lyrical themes about
killing demons
and eviscerating devils
is dangerous and petty

Pure hate is pure poison
Saying words of violence
just to offend the other side
helps nothing

Christian metal should be
spiritually wholesome
entertainment for those
who accept or tolerate
Christian values

Dear Gracious Lord,
I pray that we can all
set aside words of violence
toward hate and intolerance
and replace those with words
of love and acceptance

We come together
through You oh God,
not through
the spirit of antithesis

2) Arguing over Doctrine
4:50, lyrics:
To the churches,
and followers of Christ who attend.
I implore you to be more inclusive
and less corporate.

I am grateful there are many programs
to help Christians who attend
learn and grow,
but arguing over doctrine
divides Christianity

Teachers should recount
complete stories from the Bible
for lessons and guidelines
not scout single-verses
to prove narrow paths
that cause division
and resentment

I pray to You
my Heavenly Father
that we can gather
in Your name
in love
and focus on our similarities
rather than our differences

Please help us to set aside
unimportant dogma and creed
that is petty in comparison
to Your saving grace

3) Gift of Empathy
4:42, lyrics:
To those in the metal scene
who help artists
and practice fraudulently
and irresponsibly
shame on you

Communication is essential
when coordinating
sales and permissions
You must have skills
and keep records

Next time you are stolen from
acknowledge that this
is how an artist would feel
with bootlegging
or pirating

I pray to you
Holy Creator of all
that producers in all of metal
will be moral, just, and accountable

Please give us all
the gift of empathy
that we may feel
with our hearts
as we do to others


4) I Am Not Here to Judge
4:59, lyrics:
To the secular black metal scene
I respect your art
and enjoy your music
as well as the varied themes
and concepts

I am not here to judge you
or wage war
I am a brother in black metal
with a different belief system

Please disregard your bias
regarding Christian themes
present in this genre

No one person, or group
moderates the black metal art
Just because Christian themes
do not derive
from the scene's roots
It does not mean
the art cannot exist

Do not dislike
Christian black metal,
just because the lyrics
do not conform
to black metal tradition
or your opinion

Dear merciful God
I pray that where there
is intolerance and bias
there can be acceptance
and enjoyment

I pray that You be
with those on this earth
even if they deny You

5) Lack of Compassion
5:02, lyrics:
To those who are political
I urge you to see
what truly is the problem

There is nothing wrong
with aligning to
either party's opinions
There is much wrong
with the lack of compassion,
empathy and understanding

It is impossible to be
the United States
when we are divided
by investing in here-say

Jesus Christ,
I pray to You
That we can come to celebrate
our freedom as a nation

Rather than fight
and balk
over the opinions
of those in power    


6) Burden of Corrupt Attitudes
5:29, lyrics:
To those who bully
troll and torment
stop being a psychopathic
control freak

There are consequences
to those who intimidate
and oppress
in real life or online
To your reputation
To your senses
To the bystanders
who witness your madness

Divert the pain
that causes you to lash out
Get help from others
for your cynical habits
Turn to God
for relief

Dear King of Kings
I pray to you
for a change of heart
from those
who hurt others

I wish anyone
anguishing in their action
to find serenity
within You

Lord, please give solace
to those who bear
the burden of corrupt attitudes    


7) When We Are Wounded
5:30, lyrics:
To those who are depressed
Or have fear of life and pain
There is hope
Jesus Christ is here

The mind cannot heal
by faith alone
But connecting to God
Is a key ingredient to recovery

A large part of what life is
is perception
We are not who we are
because of what happens to us

We are who we are
because of how we react
to what happens to us

Dear almighty Lord
Please help us all
to not be overwhelmed

Please be our strength
when we are weak
and carry us
when we are wounded


To Never Forget (single, 13 June, 2019, Independent)
Format: Digital / YouTube
Stream (OFFICIAL)

1) To Never Forget
3:38, lyrics:
My Lord, I pray to You
I seek You day and night
I pray, I listen,
Never will I stop praying
to my savior, Jesus Christ

There is much hate in this world
but You are infinite love
Please help me to never forget
to give thanks, to ask for help,
to praise You, to guide me so
Your will be done


My Lord, I pray to You
I seek You day and night
I pray, I listen,
Never will I stop praying
to my savior, Jesus Christ

There is much hate in this world
but You are infinite love
Please help me to never forget
to give thanks, to ask for help,
to praise You, to guide me so
Your will be done




Hymns of the Blackest Light, Volume 3 (compilation, 15 September, 2019, Christian Metal Underground)
Formats: CD and Bandcamp
Buy the CD (OFFICIAL)
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

4) Orationem - Salvation
6:54, lyrics:
Jesus Christ
Son of God, and Lord of man
Please save me
from the fires of hell

Come into my life
I accept You as my savior
I will follow You
and Your teachings
to the best of my ability
As long as I am alive

Please use Your blood
to purge my sins
I wish be in paradise
I wish to be in the presence
of The Almighty Holy God
One day...

Jesus Christ
Son of God, and Lord of man
Please save us
from the fires of hell

Come into our lives
We accept You as our savior
We will follow You
and Your teachings
to the best of our ability
As long as we're alive

Please use Your blood
to purge our sins
We wish be in paradise
We wish to be in the presence
of The Almighty Holy God
One day...



Your Word Is a Lamp to My Feet (album)

21 November, 2019, Christian Metal Underground, Bandcamp
22 November, 2019, Christian Metal Underground, CD

Lyrics are taken from Psalm 119. Originally, Thomas planned to use a different translation, but he decided against it after discovering said translation had a copyright notice attached to it. Thomas believes (as I, the admin of this site, also believe) the Holy Bible shouldn't be held behind copyright restrictions. Thomas then looked for public domain translations and liked the World English Bible the most, and decided to use that one instead.

1) Revive Me in Your Righteousness
3:30, lyrics:
Teach me, Yahweh, the way of your statutes.
I will keep them to the end.
Give me understanding, and I will keep your law.
Yes, I will obey it with my whole heart.
Direct me in the path of your commandments,
for I delight in them.
Turn my heart toward your statutes,
not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from looking at worthless things.
Revive me in your ways.
Fulfill your promise to your servant,
that you may be feared.
Take away my disgrace that I dread,
for your ordinances are good.
Behold, I long for your precepts!
Revive me in your righteousness.


2) I Will Meditate on Your Statutes

3:32, lyrics:
Let your loving kindness also come to me, Yahweh,
your salvation, according to your word.
So I will have an answer for him who reproaches me,
for I trust in your word.
Don’t snatch the word of truth out of my mouth,
for I put my hope in your ordinances.
So I will obey your law continually,
forever and ever.
I will walk in liberty,
for I have sought your precepts.
I will also speak of your statutes before kings,
and will not be disappointed.
I will delight myself in your commandments,
because I love them.
I reach out my hands for your commandments, which I love.
I will meditate on your statutes.


3) This Is My Comfort in My Affliction
3:48, lyrics:
Remember your word to your servant,
because you gave me hope.
This is my comfort in my affliction,
for your word has revived me.
The arrogant mock me excessively,
but I don’t swerve from your law.
I remember your ordinances of old, Yahweh,
and have comforted myself.
Indignation has taken hold on me,
because of the wicked who forsake your law.
Your statutes have been my songs,
in the house where I live.
I have remembered your name, Yahweh, in the night,
and I obey your law.
This is my way,
that I keep your precepts.


4) To Obey Your Commandments

3:39, lyrics:
Yahweh is my portion.
I promised to obey your words.
I sought your favor with my whole heart.
Be merciful to me according to your word.
I considered my ways,
and turned my steps to your statutes.
I will hurry, and not delay,
to obey your commandments.
The ropes of the wicked bind me,
but I won’t forget your law.
At midnight I will rise to give thanks to you,
because of your righteous ordinances.
I am a friend of all those who fear you,
of those who observe your precepts.
The earth is full of your loving kindness, Yahweh.
Teach me your statutes.


5) For Your Law Is My Delight

3:44, lyrics:
Your hands have made me and formed me.
Give me understanding, that I may learn your commandments.
Those who fear you will see me and be glad,
because I have put my hope in your word.
Yahweh, I know that your judgments are righteous,
that in faithfulness you have afflicted me.
Please let your loving kindness be for my comfort,
according to your word to your servant.
Let your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;
for your law is my delight.
Let the proud be disappointed, for they have overthrown me wrongfully.
I will meditate on your precepts.
Let those who fear you turn to me.
They will know your statutes.
Let my heart be blameless toward your decrees,
that I may not be disappointed.


6) Your Word Is a Lamp to My Feet

4:00, lyrics:
Your word is a lamp to my feet,
and a light for my path.
I have sworn, and have confirmed it,
that I will obey your righteous ordinances.
I am afflicted very much.
Revive me, Yahweh, according to your word.
Accept, I beg you, the willing offerings of my mouth.
Yahweh, teach me your ordinances.
My soul is continually in my hand,
yet I won’t forget your law.
The wicked have laid a snare for me,
yet I haven’t gone astray from your precepts.
I have taken your testimonies as a heritage forever,
for they are the joy of my heart.
I have set my heart to perform your statutes forever,
even to the end.


7) Turn to Me, and Have Mercy on Me

3:09, lyrics:
Your testimonies are wonderful,
therefore my soul keeps them.
The entrance of your words gives light.
It gives understanding to the simple.
I opened my mouth wide and panted,
for I longed for your commandments.
Turn to me, and have mercy on me,
as you always do to those who love your name.
Establish my footsteps in your word.
Don’t let any iniquity have dominion over me.
Redeem me from the oppression of man,
so I will observe your precepts.
Make your face shine on your servant.
Teach me your statutes.
Streams of tears run down my eyes,
because they don’t observe your law.


8) Your Law Is Truth

3:40, lyrics:
You are righteous, Yahweh.
Your judgments are upright.
You have commanded your statutes in righteousness.
They are fully trustworthy.
My zeal wears me out,
because my enemies ignore your words.
Your promises have been thoroughly tested,
and your servant loves them.
I am small and despised.
I don’t forget your precepts.
Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness.
Your law is truth.
Trouble and anguish have taken hold of me.
Your commandments are my delight.
Your testimonies are righteous forever.
Give me understanding, that I may live.


9) I Put My Hope in Your Words

3:46, lyrics:
I have called with my whole heart.
Answer me, Yahweh!
I will keep your statutes.
I have called to you. Save me!
I will obey your statutes.
I rise before dawn and cry for help.
I put my hope in your words.
My eyes stay open through the night watches,
that I might meditate on your word.
Hear my voice according to your loving kindness.
Revive me, Yahweh, according to your ordinances.
They draw near who follow after wickedness.
They are far from your law.
You are near, Yahweh.
All your commandments are truth.
Of old I have known from your testimonies,
that you have founded them forever.


10) Let My Soul Live, That I May Praise You

3:49, lyrics:
Let my cry come before you, Yahweh.
Give me understanding according to your word.
Let my supplication come before you.
Deliver me according to your word.
Let my lips utter praise,
for you teach me your statutes.
Let my tongue sing of your word,
for all your commandments are righteousness.
Let your hand be ready to help me,
for I have chosen your precepts.
I have longed for your salvation, Yahweh.
Your law is my delight.
Let my soul live, that I may praise you.
Let your ordinances help me.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep.
Seek your servant, for I don’t forget your commandments.


The Black Metal Scripture Collection (single, 4 November, 2020, Christian Metal Underground)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)
 
1) The One Who Lifts Up My Head
4:50, lyrics:
Yahweh, how my adversaries have increased! Many are those who rise up against me. Many there are who say of my soul, "There is no help for him in God." But you, Yahweh, are a shield around me, My glory, and the one who lifts up my head. I cry to Yahweh with my voice, And he answers me out of his holy hill. I laid myself down and slept. I awakened; for Yahweh sustains me. I will not be afraid of tens of thousands of people Who have set themselves against me on every side. Arise, Yahweh! Save me, my God! For you have struck all of my enemies on the cheek bone. You have broken the teeth of the wicked. Salvation belongs to Yahweh. Your blessing be on your people.

But you, Yahweh, are a shield around me, My glory, and the one who lifts up my head. I cry to Yahweh with my voice, And he answers me out of his holy hill.

(Psalm 3, World English Bible)
 
 
 
 
 
 
_______________
ArtistConfirmed, SimilarTo
orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem
Miscellaneous stuff:
Original grayscale artwork for "Your Word Is a Lamp to My Feet":

 
Similar to: [SECULAR] Njiqahdda, Dark Triumph, Injury to Eye, Ankou Awaits, Oceansnow, Meslamtaea, Golden Light, Storming, [CHRISTIAN] CJRC 777, Grim, Flaskavsae, Light Shall Prevail, Breviarium, Glaciial, (add more later)
orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem orationem

No comments: