EULOGIUM

^ Higher res, lower quality

v Lower res, higher quality


BAND NAME: Eulogium
GENRE: Unblack Metal
STATUS: Split up
LOCATION: USA (Laredo, Texas)

Formed in February, 2004. Split up in 2015.

About the name, Armando says:
"An Eulogium is a declaration of praise, and I thought the definition fit the theme of the music."[1]

Lineup:
Armando Lopez - All instruments, Vocals

Past members:
Oscar Martinez - Guitars (lead)

Links:
Discography:


A Light in the Darkness (demo, 5 June, 2005, Independent)
Format: CD-R

1) Unrest Come Night Time
7:01, lyrics:
O, the ghouls that gallivant
Across the wood that is my dream
I pray them leave, be gone! I can’t
Withstand their lifeless sockets’ beam

The Apparitions coalesce
To introduce me to my fate.
I shiver in my hopelessness,
Anticipating spirits’ hate

And phantoms’ wrath, a wraith’s malice;
And all of which imposed on me
Is soon to be in nightmare’s midst ..
The demon’s dancing franctically

A freezing shadow casts itself
Upon this forest where I lay.
O, how I mourn when I did shelf
That Book in which the prophets pray

O, how I wished I could have kept
My eyes transfixed upon those Scrolls.
Perhaps with peace I could have slept...
But no! I pay my folly’s tolls!

2) Misfortune
7:06, lyrics:
Apathy feeds on somnolence of the mind
But even it cannot decline my aimless wandering
Drowning in the sea of reverie
How cold the blackened water...

Branched corpses proliferate the scenery
They extend their limbs to harm me
What mortal sin, what abomination,
What disgust in heaven can I have committed
that even the lifeless trees would revel in my pain?
No greenery remains to welcome me
Even grass's vivacity has withdrawn from the bitterness
Perhaps life has hidden its face from me
Shunned me for sins I cannot retrace
Sunlight hides behind the walls of ash
What solace is offered me?

Where darkness is,
Will a Light one day shine?

3) El desierto
1:05, instrumental

4) Frigid Emptiness
6:37, lyrics:
Darkness
Eyesight numbed by frigid emptiness
Light rain lingers in the lifeless air
Not the moon, nor the stars appear
Too frightened to light my path
And come to my rescue
The only light is the last, faint sighs of the sun
As my last, faint sighs are my only source of warmth
Shadows lay still in attempt to ensnare me
Encage me in their pools of utter blackness
Stale breath casts hazy phantoms to the air
Receding too from the bitter cold
I hear the voices of the dead
calling, entreating, whispering, crying
screaming, shrieking shrill and silent expostulations
To the now diminished light
Onward through the silent echoes
Rings the howling of hellish beasts
Grinding teeth in mad, bestial desires
Straining every fiber just to see to my demise
That ever present fear lays embedded in my heart
That they will be the end of me
And whatever excess their bloodlust forsakes
Will be left in the cold desolation."

5) Final Rest
2:43




NO SLEEP TILL MEGIDDO VERSION

Where Solace Is Mine (album)
Top:
Left: 6 August, 2006, Son of Man Records, CD-R, 100 copies
Right: 3 September, 2014, No Sleep till Megiddo Records, CD-R, 35 copies
Bottom:
3 May, 2014, Independent, Bandcamp

The layout photos are for the No Sleep version. If anyone has layout photos for the Son of Man version, I'll find a way to include those here, too, but in the meantime, this is all we have.

1) A Light in the Darkness
5:59, lyrics:
Be for me, O Lord,
My perfection in my maculation,
My stronghold amid the storm
My solace, a Light in the darkness
Keep me from the throes of agony
And shield my ears from the lies of my enemies
You have been my joy in sorrow
My speech in bitter quietude
My sight in my blindness
You are the quenching of my thirst
The food and drink for my sustenance
The very air I breathe
Your acts of love number greater
Than the grains of sand on every shore
How glorious it is / how great thou art
You make the very mountains sing the eulogies of Heaven
A poet’s word can scarce do justice
To the essence of your love
Christ I am yours
I weep for I cannot hope to repay thee
Inconceivable is the freedom of acceptance
Guide me through the dark valley
The paths of thorns, the ways of burning coals
Lead this weary soul home
Be my strength.


2) Death, What Hold Hav'st Thou?
4:10, lyrics:
Death, what hold hav’st thou on us?
Where is this denomination thou art said to obtain?
Since your inception thin hath been a bitter train
Followed by pestilence, disease, a way of maggots
Left to fester in dark and viral corners
Thus spake Donne of thy meager power!
What be thy intent, fiend?
Be it to bereave us of our mirth?
Simple fool! How great a failure thou art!
How deep thou has drown in thy agony
Whilst thou seek’st to hang
Thy albatross upon the necks of many!
But oh, how miniscule a seabird’s weight be
When compared to the curse in a dead man’s eye
How often thou must have been cursed
Enough to make Omnipotence pity thee
(Pity thee, aye, but forgiveness, nay)
How grim a wretch thou must be
That even the God of mercy would not pardon thy trangression!
Surely in thy cold lowliness
Thou art dominated and obtain no dominion at all
Thou art long and they hand stretches far
Buy a soul of steel can render thy toils worthless
How thou must writhe when the throes of failure
Amass upon thy shoulders
Shattering every empty prayer for surcease and redemption
How plain a theme of scoff thou art
Get thee hence!


3) Calling the Weary Home
6:13, lyrics:
Darkened path, moonlit sky
Howling winds break the deafening silence
Lifeless shapes tower over me
Backlit against a bruised horizon
The sun offered me little solace
But even it has withdrawn from this night’s bitterness
All about me, the voices whisper
The voices of those that appear in the darkness
Chanting in tongues unbeknownst to me
Painting horrifically aesthetic pictures in the blackness
I tremble in the midst of these terrors
But I refuse to abort my journey homewards

This blood that runs in me is not mine
It was given to me on the Cross
It drives me onward through the grim, unfeeling night
Calling the weary home


4) The Rope Stands Vacant
5:09

5) Amidst the Storm
6:40, lyrics:
Skies darken in the eve of tragedy
Thus ensues the mist of an unforgiven heart
Eerie placidity in grim anticipation
Of imminent and terrible turbulence
Thunderous rumblings in the bleak distance
Shaking the earth like a mighty footfall
I watch from frail shelter with waning faith
As torrential shade draws ever closer
Heaven’s heavy scepter strikes trailing not far behind
I cannot prevent their amalgamation
Those belligerent winds only whisper obloquy
Oh, the sting in my very soul
When evil should have its way
Thus I wait in this misty twilight
Already saving a path
In the valley of the shadow
For if I am reaped today
I will surely burn for eternity

I feel the first droplets
The struggle has begun.


6) The Solitary Nocturne
1:55

7) Nigrescent Celestia
3:39, lyrics:
Fading into darkness…
Walls of hatred and vengeful airs
Screaming, pleading; I cannot escape
Insatiable malice of my darkened existence
My soul grows cold as the night skies dim further
Before me, the star fall
Like white celestial tears streaming
Across the blackened sky
Distant planets run cold and dark
At such ominous scenery
My heartstrings lay taut and tearing
Inside this meager, grief-warn temple
All that remains is the blood-bathed moon
Shedding its harrowed unlight upon this dying land

The sign is seen, the omen fulfilled
Lord, if there ever was a time
That I needed you most
Surely, that time is now
Help me, hear me, forgive me
I surrender


8) Psalm 1
3:13

9) O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
3:53


Christian Metal Fellowship: Compilation Volume I

2008, Sullen Records / Nokternal Hemizphear, CD-R
year unknown, Starve the Flesh, Digital, link expired

4) Eulogium - The Scourge of Existence 5:12

^ Low quality / high res ................. ^ High quality / low res

The Transcendence of Hope (album)

2009, Sullen Records, CD
3 May, 2014, Independent, Bandcamp

1) In Hours of Sadness 6:55
2) Legions of Light 5:58
3) The Scourge of Existence 5:17
4) Calling the Weary Home 6:34
5) Figures in the Fog (Final Rest) 6:19
6) Shower of Needles 4:48
7) Timor Mortis Conturbat Me 5:49
8) Blessed Are the Sorrowing 3:10
9) The Transcendence of Hope 5:46
10) The Narrow Path 3:55



In Hoc Signo Vinces (EP)

2 June, 2014, No Sleep till Megiddo Records, CD-R
23 June, 2014, Independent, Bandcamp

Written on the artwork:
"si regnum in se dividatur non potest stare regnam illud" (Mark 3:24)

1) Intro
2:19

2) For We Are Many
7:03, lyrics:
Illusions of individuality
Somehow the black sheep
Are thought to stand above the flock

Every man for himself
To break out of the herd
These mindless, droning lemmings
Afraid of the absurd

Lone wolves, on our own
Who blaze a path of sin
Lone wolves in a pack
Just sheep in wolves' skin

Stand out from the masses
And think for yourselves for once
Never mind the fact we all act the same
Think in one accord and you can be like us

Lone wolves, on our own
Who blaze a path of sin
Lone wolves in a pack
Just sheep in wolves' skin...

No man is an island
A god unto himself
Just slaves to other idols
The sounds of funeral knells
Paint to raise their demons
To do the enemy's will
So scream, "For we are many,"
As you rampage off the hill

Rise up from the tomb
Leave death behind
They who none can subdue
Imprisoned in the swine
"Every man for himself,"
But facing the same way
Black sheep stand above the flock
Together, a herd lead astray


3) Give Us Barabbas
9:10, lyrics:
Salivate and pine for the chaos we desire
Screaming for extinguishing the Light
Deaf to sympathy, cast ourselves into the fire
Summoning the curse of savage blight

Our fathers and our mothers, our sisters and our brothers
None will see the coming of the dawn
Drowning out their screams with the suffering of others
For carnage is a battle never won

Give use insurrection, for we crave our brothers’ blood
On ourselves and on our children, soak the earth to putrid mud
Give us murder give us hate, give disorder as our fate
Deliver us unto days before the flood

Let us stand upon the highest mountain gazing down below
As the screaming echoes louder, and the valleys ring with woe
We’re a city on a hill, only shouting louder still
That God’s will has brought this judgment on our foes

Salivate and pine for the chaos we desire
Screaming for extinguishing the Light
But with the darkness, we did choose to light the fun’ral pyre
And our burning flesh illuminates the night

And the rivers fill with blood as the oceans red arise
Oh, the flood encroaches nearer on our hill
Not of God, but of ourselves, we have conjured our demise
As our drowning makes our manic shrieking still


4) Usurpers
9:11, lyrics:
Ashes from the ancient past
The dying blaze of two millennia
Sculpts its epitaph into the icy sky
And whispers the dirge to anguished winds

They mourn the death of light
And bow before the darkness enthroned
For who can withstand the famine of the cold?
And whence comes defiance when God is dead?

A storm is raging in the East
With pillars of fire to rend the heavens
We have been engulfed in flames
And willed to burn by the light of our funerals

Descending into northern valleys
Hearts alight with the glow of vengeance
The earth shall bear witness
Tonight will be the last of its kind

We bear the arms of light and sound
With torches in our chest and fury in our throats
We lift our voices to the sky
To take back what is ours

The dark has never seen these flames
And silence never heard such wailing
For That which absence voiced as dead
Emerges from the shadows

And emptiness drew back in terror
And turned its sword onto itself
And gushing from its severed maw:
The suicide of void is Being

Creatio ex nihilo
In saecula saeculorum


5) Odium Theologicum
9:59, lyrics:
"Epouro enteti hirini
Moynan..."

Sanctify this seething hate
Etch it out in stone
May our children learn disgust
And fear of the unknown

Darker skin and different tongue
Banished from the light
Which shines upon this idol
In blue, and red, and white

Blasphemy transmutating
From a curse into a way of life
Obfuscation of eternity
Erased from the hearts of man
What becomes of us all
When we conflagrate the spirit?
When the flesh grows weak in its strength,
And we grow rich in death?

Cold and lifeless, we rot while still alive
And in our emptiness make others hollow too
We live in pursuit of death
Let us die in pursuit of Life

Grown too cold to feel the embers
That burn inside you still
Numbed from frostbite to the hate
You have always called God's will

Break Free

__________________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages, NeedsScriptureReferences
INFO:
The rest of the lyrics.
IMAGES:
1) Logo. Does anyone have a version that's both high res AND high quality? 2) "The Transcendence of Hope". Same story - anyone have an image that's both high quality AND high res? 3) The original version of "Where Solace Is Mine".

No comments: