WINTER'S DAWN

This image has been resized.
To view the original 3488x1902 res, click [here].

BAND NAME: Winter's Dawn
GENRE: Unblack Metal, Symphonic/Ambient
STATUS: Split-up
LOCATION: United Kingdom

Formed in 2005. Split up at some point after 2011.
Amnon has lost interest in metal music, and Raptor isn't interested in finishing the songs for their 2nd album, so it seems the planned 2nd album from Winter's Dawn will remain unreleased.

Lineup:
Raptor - Vocals, Guitars
Amnon (Quest for Serenity) - Drums, Keyboards

Links:
Interview (2008)
YouTube
Myspace @ archive.org

Discography:

(artwork
not
available)


Wandering Through the Realm of Frosted Beauty (2008, probably not legit?, Independent)
Format: CD-R, "remastered"

Alternate version mentioned on Discogs and nowhere else on the entire internet. Almost certainly false, but I don't know. The person claims this was released independently in 2008, yet it was remastered in 2011. This is obviously impossible.

1) Winter's Dawn
2) The Covering
3) Stillheten
4) The Realm of Frosted Beauty
5) Sorgen Kommer
6) Black Illusions
7) Rapturous Surrender




Wandering through the Realm of Frosted Beauty (album)

 February, 2008, Undark.net, link expired
11 September, 2008, Nokternal Hemizphear, CD (digipak), limited (???) copies

1) The Dawn of Winter
1:18, instrumental

2) Frost Fall
3:34, lyrics:
Days grow shorter
Autumn to winter,
Frost descending,
Ice crystals form.
Beauty and majesty,
Ice and snow,
Chilling cold,
Cuts through my soul.

The air chills my flesh,
The frost embraces me.
Its gentle loving caress,
Its icy beauty I see.

Stillness and peace I feel,
Frozen to the core.
The snow gently falls,
The start of winter calls.

In this icy moment,
I glimpse what was lost.
Designed and created,
By the Lord of frost, frost fall

Frozen creaking ice,
Sparkles in the moonlight.
Silent and calm,
I go on my way.
The forest awaits me,
The trees whitefrozen
Filled with delight
On this frosted night.


3) Embraced by Ice
4:30, lyrics:
Wandering through the frozen north,
Beauty surrounds all sides,
Sparkling ice particles catch my eyes,
So close to nature but who sends this?
The air freezes my breath
I continue on my way,
Through the snow and ice,
Symbols of what is pure and good,
Memories return from the past,
A sense of longing but what for?
A void nothing ever filled.

I Consider the loneliness in my heart,
When my hands reach out beyond
A need for peace persists,
A longing so deep within.

Crossing frozen lakes and streams,
I make my way through the forest,
A steep climb towards a frozen mountain,
Standing amidst the desolate lands,
Where no one has been since long past,
A sign left by those dead, yet alive.

I find a cross of hope left for those seeking,
To find their way home through the cold.
All is white and frozen,
My heart begins to feel warmth,
Never felt before.

Thoughts of the past return,
When a quiet voice I heard,
It speaks softly to me.
Calling me back home to peace.
Always carrying on alone,
But now I am thred and weary,
And so glad to be going home.

At peace I make my way,
Back through the snow and ice.
But now forever changed,
By the One who came.
To set the captives free,
And call the lost home.
My search at last ended,
My void within now filled.


4) Glimpse of the Realm
1:07, instrumental

5) Landscape of Winter
3:14, lyrics:
Snow descending deep,
Covering all the ground,
The landscape transformed,
Gentle without a sound.

The beauty of the winter snow,
Warms my heart and makes it glow,
Time stands still in this icy scene.
Awed I stand calm, serene.

Memories of winter's past,
Fill my mind again.
Winter's gentle embrace
Life's temporary refrain.


6) The Realm of Frosted Beauty
5:01, lyrics:
As I wander through the forest,
With awe I gaze at its beauty.
The tranquility of this frosted realm,
Brings me closer to the Creator.

In the tranquility of the forest,
Stillness surrounds me.
Branches of the trees bow,
To the majesty of the snow.

Wandering through the realm of frosted beauty
My heart is filled with divine peace.
I see God's purity in the falling snow,
As it gently falls to the ground.

The icy wind sings through the branches,
Of the many snow kissed trees.
Fills my heart with thankful hope,
Humbled I fall to my knees.

Just as the snow covers the ground,
And all that is dirty is made clean.
The purity of the snowy regions,
Can be found in the hearts of men,
Who seek the One who came.
And longs to bring us home,
He takes away our sin,
And makes our hearts clean, snowbound.


7) The Fall: Serenity Lost
2:22, instrumental

8) The Battle: Black Illusions
3:33, lyrics:
What dwells in my midst?
Constantly attacking my mind,
The peace I knew now threatened.
Slipping away...

Another force is present,
Filling my mind with thoughts obscene.
As birds fly through the icy air.
Temptations abound and infiltrate me.
Telling me things I do not want,
My heart faints, are they my own?
How do I end this pain?
Confused I struggle on...

My mind wrestles hopelessly,
Anguish increases, peace now gone,
Lamenting over my state,
Blackness my embrace.
Insanity is at my door
Drowning in despair,
Oh God please help me!
End this hellish nightmare!

The scourge of black illusions,
Swift and strong they came,
Like knives cutting deep within
Inflicting anguish and pain.
the scourge of black illusions,
Vicious mental state,
Torment and chaos,
Release me from this fate!

Where will I go from here?
To heaven or hell?
What will be my fate?
Will I hear death's knell?
Reality or fantasy? Truth or lie?
Still I hope for peace,
Before I die.

What dwells in my midst?
Constantly attacking my mind,
The peace I knew now threatened,
Slipping away...
What will be my fate?
Will I die or live another day?
My sanity in the balance,
Slipping away...


9) The Victory: Rapturous Surrender
4:08, lyrics:
Through dark valleys I tread,
Cobwebs and damp touches me.
In deep caverns I descend.
Searching for peace 'my way'.

Two choices before me,
To doubt or trust?
Defend or surrender?
Decide I must.
To hold on to life,
Or let it go,
Time running out,
The end of the show?

Satan playing his part,
A puppet used to bring peace.
Fallen nature disease,
Doubting in God's love.

The need to be in control,
Always mine, unrelenting.
Divine inspired confirmations,
Reluctance to trust prevails.

I now surrender my life,
To the God who loves me still,
To care for my life 'His Way',
I can now rest in peace.
Rapturous surrender.


(artwork
not
available)


Wandering Through the Realm of Frosted Beauty (2008, probably not legit?, Independent)
Format: CD-R, "remastered"

Alternate version mentioned on Discogs and nowhere else on the entire internet. Almost certainly false, but I don't know. The person claims this was released independently in 2008, yet also claims it was remastered in 2011. This is obviously impossible. Still, until we have proof, I figured it best to note here.

Track lengths and lyrics unknown.

1) Winter's Dawn
2) The Covering
3) Stillheten
4) The Realm of Frosted Beauty
5) Sorgen Kommer
6) Black Illusions
7) Rapturous Surrender



Revelations Vol. 1: A Light in a Dark Place (compilation, 28 June, 2008, Sullen Records)
Format: CD-R, Limited edition

5) Winter's Dawn - Landscape of Winter 3:14


Undark Compilation Album Volume 1 (January, 2009, Undark.net)
Format: Digital
link expired

11) Winter's Dawn - track title unknown



Christian Metal Fellowship: Compilation Volume II (Compilation, 2009, Sullen Records)
Format: CD

10) Winter's Dawn - Cry of the Fallen 7:40


Blackened Hymns for the Fallen Damned (UNRELEASED)

 Some samples are available [here].

A few tracks on their old Myspace that I think were going to be on this album:
Demo Intro 4:18
Demo Track 1 6:44
Demo Track 2 3:48
Demo Track 3 3:55
Demo Track 4 4:51

_____________________________
IncompletePage, SimilarTo
1) Can anyone CONFIRM the demo tracks were going to be on the unreleased album? 2) How many copies is "Wandering..." limited to? 3) Info about that alleged other version?


Miscellaneous stuff:
 Graphic of the back of the album, without the barcode, etc
Bunch of other stuff:

Resized. 2092x1141 [here]. ................ Resized. 2327x1269 [here].
 
 
Similar to: [SECULAR] ColdWorld, Imperial Crystalline Entombment, River of Despair, Serpent Majesty, Nordheim (Ita), [CHRISTIAN] Dark Woods, Elgibbor, Bedeiah, Horde, Malakh (Kor), Søker Tilflukt, Armath Sargon, Vomoth,

No comments: