EQUINOX (USA)

NOTE: This page is about an unblack band from Michigan, USA. Not to be confused with several other bands named "Equinox"!



BAND NAME: Equinox
GENRE: Death / Unblack Metal
STATUS: Changed name
(Split-up under new name, Draco)
LOCATION: USA (Gwinn, Michigan)

Formed in February, 1997.

Last-known contact:
nmihelic [AT] up [DOT] net

Lineup:
Michael Chevalier - Vocals, Guitars (rhythm), Keyboards, Drums, Programming (+additional bass)
Sean Bedore - Guitars (lead)
Daniel Meneguzzo - Bass (+additional keys)


Discography:



The Adonis Chronicles (demo, 1997, Independent)
Format: Cassette

Guest appearances:
Sean Bedore (Belial's Enemy) - Guitars (solos, tracks 2, 4, and 10)

Also, why is there a red cover, and a green cover? Was it rereleased at some point?

Track 2 is misspelled "... Frozen Hillsides of Aodnis" in the layout.

The demo repeats on both sides of the tape.

1) (Intro) Great Ancient City 1:00
2) Northward to the Great Frozen Hillsides of Adonis
2:46
3) Nocturnal Conception of the Ice Lizards
2:00
4) Inside the Slime (Serpent Crimes)
2:39
5) Asphyxiated Under a Blanket of Madness
1:44
6) Ghostly Halls Echo the Screams of the Adonis People
2:22
7) Under the Moonglow (Summon the Warrior)
2:51
8) The Red Stained Ice Melts into the Rivers of Blood
2:37
9) Stealing Victory (Open the Skies, Raven Elite)
2:43
10) The Slain Now March into the Icy Waters of Superior
2:19
11) Baptized in Ice
5:47
12) (Outro) Victory Complete
1:10



Ceremony of the North Winds (demo)

Equinox, 1998, Independent, Cassette
Draco, 1998, Independent, CD

Guest appearances:
Jason Seppala - Guitars ("last two riffs", track 4)
Joel Naasco - Guitars ("last two riffs", track 4)

These songs are available unofficially on YouTube, but it appears that some of the tracks may have been cut off a bit. Until this is cleared up, I'm not going to add the track lengths.

Notes from their website about each track:
1) Lyrics based on when Jesus exercised the demon from the man in the graveyard.
2)  Lyrics based on King Herrod of the bible
3) Lyrics inspired by Satan’s ability to appear as an angel of light and make people believe that his evil is actually good.
4) This song is about man’s ability to turn from evil. Told in the fictional viewpoint of the son of Satan.
5)  Lyrics about a man questioning God’s existence
6) (no commentary for this track)

1) Demonized
track length uncertain, lyrics:
Dancing naked in the moonlit graveyard
bathing in the spirit of evil
the demons obsession with the souls possession
sever all bonds of iron and steel

Demon eyes bleed, they cannot see
relentless screams, please Christ do not torture me

look into his eyes he no longer controls his mind
madman’s silhouette has become demonized

What is your name demon, my name is lots
I am in complete control as I poison his thoughts

Leave him now spirit of filth
I’ll show you mercy within the pigs
inhabit their souls. I shall drown the flesh
let their putrid carcass fill the lake


2) King of Worms
track length uncertain, lyrics:
Mangod, king of suffering
sits upon his throne within his fortress of pain
fall down, unto broken knees
before a man that claims he can see

Feasting upon his hunger for power
sends the squads to strike the enemy down
fearful soldiers that follow the orders
behead all those who threaten the crown

All those who defy, shall bleed , shall die
Looked not to the sky the harlot of death shall be your bride

Maggots devour your flesh as you squirm
All hail Herod, king of the worms


3) Within the Light of Satanas
track length uncertain, lyrics:
I am the star that sits in the sky
I hear you pray and watch you die
I know the end of the age as it comes
but I still don’t see the chosen ones

Your incense burns you to the ground
lost in your karma never found

I am the star that sits in the sky
behold you sink though your feeling high
what were those words that you had said
I swore I heard you calling to the dead

No crystals can save you now
just abandon this magic or drown

Within the light of Satanas
held between his withered wings
Earth beyond spirit, the black temptress

Shatter crystal minds
as karma bleeds the blind (pagan sign)

I am the star that sits in the sky
I saw the lord, he just marched by
I watch you hate and manipulate
I see him descending now, it’s too late


4) The Lost Son
track length uncertain, lyrics:
Astral demons of nether realm, captives of eternal night
sentinels of all that is evil
I command the legions that command the light
cast down for centuries to rule as my father’s right hand
I rule the forgotten souls that reap my infernal lands

Bow down to me, I’ll make you see, the sinners bleed
helltorn divinity

The lost son-straying from the ranks of Belial
the lost son-heir apparent to the devil

Aeons of bloodshed has cooled my heart
winters frost bears the crystals of life
reign of evil broken into two parts
one is to darkness as the other craves the light
hear me now great winds of change
bloodlet my heart of this rage
a new scroll shall be scribed
I shall now follow under a different sign

Oh my father, my fallen father
no longer shall I disguise, the truth to all your lies


5) From Beyond the Neverending
track length uncertain, lyrics:
Dusk transcends as I watch the moon rise
my heart beats in sync with the flicker from the firelight
I bury reason this night, I shall find meaning
what lies beyond the vast horizon
what lies beyond the neverending

In silence I wait and listen to the skies
to head the words they whisper
wisdom rides upon the breeze
in the multiple foundations of nature

On my knees, I pray through the night
yearning to solve the riddles of eternity

From beyond the neverending, a light descended from the sky
From beyond the neverending, eternal void of space in time
From beyond the neverending, quest to be divine
From beyond the neverending, the doubt will cease when I die

Through the dark forest I thrive
mesmerized by the cold autumn night

I awaken from the chill in the land of eternal mourning
sleepy eyes will cease to see
until all the questions have lost meaning


6) Ceremony of the North Winds
track length uncertain, lyrics:
Plunge into the waters of salvation, underneath it is so calm
banish this evil sensation, demons that slay me are gone
return to the land of man and beast, taste the salt of death
know this is the end that they await, part of the unseen plan

Reality comes back to me, as I appear above
a rebirth of sanity, the pact now sealed by blood
no rest for the moral, a vital task we receive
to blind the already distorted, and overthrow the living deceased

Frostbite - into my veins
Ceremony of the north winds
Slaughter - with no refrain
Ceremony of the north winds

Haunted I raised my sword, ceremony of the north winds
hail the gods of light, ceremony of the north wind


___________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages
INFO:
1) Which tracks are on which side of "The Adonis Chronicles"? 2) Missing lyrics. 3) Missing track lengths. 4) Why are there variations in the cover art for "The Adonis Chronicles"?
IMAGES:
All of them, basically.

No comments: