DARK WOODS




BAND NAME: Dark Woods
GENRE: Atmospheric / Epic Unblack Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: Brazil (Lima Duarte, Minas Gerais)

Not sure when the project was formed. The archive.org link for the Myspace page, was captured in December 2008, so the project was at least active then.

Lineup:
Lord of the Night - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
YouTube

Discography:



In the Protection of the Strong Tower (album, 2009, Independent)
Format: CD-R

In track 2, the line is written "e its creation" in the booklet. I assume this is a typo..?

1) I Am
6:07, lyrics:
I am the one that with fire in the hands dumb all domain
I am the pillar that never anger to fall and never to tremble
I am the one that with fire burns the darkness
I am the one that in the perpetual one of its soul cries out for this name
To enter in the infinite and to go up he enters clouds of my domain thus to know that I am, I am and this is enough


2) My Soul in the Horizon
6:37, lyrics:
Argh!
In a dark and shady twilight as that soul flying to the wind
Have led but strong as it never has seen equal
I feel it's hard on my soul
And I can in my thoughts fly on all the places safe of that is my protection
Dark forests and old valleys and enormous mountains on that beautiful
e its creation, creation


3) In the Night Song Woods
5:42, instrumental

4) Lord of Armies
5:50, lyrics:
Glory, glory to the gentleman of armies, the true gentleman of the war and my shelter and my house.

In a dark forest on rays sun rays, I invoke it, invoke, in invoke for this name and on one horizon dark, I shout for my release, King of gentleman of the gentleman.

Glory, glory


5) Into the Perpetual Light
6:39, lyrics:
A blow of light inside of me
I feel this when darkness try to take me
When I feel a this lost on arrests of labyrinths fire burns my being.
Where this you it great light?


6) Salmo 42
5:14, instrumental

7) Ticket for Perpetual Light
7:02, lyrics:
Ticket my soul burns in presence of that this stranger to mine to see now.
But it knows that it goes to cross the blackout of a valley and to enter in a light never seen.
In the perpetual one I will be light.
And in a powerful throne I will be free.
One fort hands holds me ad never more its goes to free me.
And shades dancing in the dusk does not have domain on this ticket.
Never the world obtains more to hold and nor shades more to oppress.
In the perpetual one I will be light and one glory fortifies me.
One spirit strong without plague and never sin in the perpetual... Infinite light


Destroying the Gods Northern (album, 2010, Extreme Records)
Format: CD-R

1) Destroying the Gods Northern
11:45, lyrics:
Sounds of drum of war in way peninsula then clouds it sky
thunders and echoes in the blackout of the world (chorus)

While the twilight and the night fall in war, the giants fell perpetual on the fatal
blow

Odin (the Satan camouflaged) already not and plus a God, but yes a unmasked
demon falling

The true God if revealed in war in skies

Jehovah (Javé), battling for all in skies in an explosion of light, the true God
adonai, adonai

Destroying gods northern all, and your raise joy to the king Jehovah (Javé)
rays of light on the skies after explosions of war and one I silence after this
on thousand of falls angels witnessing all this event, cries in multitudes
(second chorus)

Now and the hour of the Christ reign, my great father Jehovah (Javé) 2x

The demon Odin fell and does not raise more, what it remained for was the
deepenings of the hell 2x

The Perpetual dwelling of Odin Satan, the defeated one.


2) In a Dark and Shady Hill
11:31, lyrics:
The war against Satan
The war against Satan, today I know quen I am

I'm one of the many hammers of GOD for a true cause, for true cause
for an objective obtained for blood in a dark and shady hill tormented by pain

A light man, initiated a new age
the age of the war against the Satan the war against the Satan.


3) Long Night That Extends in the Horizon
7:02, lyrics:
A long night that extends in the horizon a force that illuminates my being

Created you me, and loved you me, and you I am to serve
looking at the infinite horizon, in this night of mine Sir

I will be light that cross hills of the soul,
and dark valleys of the sins pardoned for you mine Sir

A long night that extends in the horizon
a force that illuminates my being

I will be light that cross hills of the soul,
And dark valleys of the sins pardoned for you mine Sir.


4) Only Shades and Light
8:57, lyrics:
Entering in a bare place... the sound of waters to roll
I smell it of flowers and rain... walking and looking at

feeling in air... its perfect touch

Its perfect one to create I do not have words for this... the shady forest (chorus)

Only shades and light beauty and peace it looks in my eyes... I start to pray only shades and light.


5) Is Firm My Son, I Am Coming Back
10:52, lyrics:
I eye for the extremities of clouds thus I imagine its kingdom and what in the
wait my thoughts for a moment and afflicted by the wait, therefore my heart
desires its arms

For that it does not have hope, some delivers its heart

Therefore it speaks to you with the men in this land corrupted without distinction

It opens the gates of its hearts, it to involve it wants you with its perpetual and
powerful atmosphere

A perpetual reign that Jesus wants to inside now of you the beginning of this reign
and in you,
It wants to have its soul next to it in this kingdom of an atmosphere where nobody
never saw... "Its firm my son, I am coming back" Joel 2:1

"Its firm my son, I am coming back" Joel 2:1


6) Passage
6:39, lyrics:
When My body to overthrow I go follow the light guided that me per days in this
land to be admiring for perpetual the being that made I to be born of the adobe of
the land

This ticked I will make my brothers, a light guides that me

per many days I stow in a road and in the deep Jesus Christ of open arms twisting
for its son to each tumble it cried out so that I to run and did not fail in this ticket

back in the end, in the shining light, it was a gold throne of a brightness never
imagined.


7) The Antisatan
7:05, lyrics:
It runs, therefore I am worse enemy its be runs, therefore I go to step on in you
serpent

Its defeat started in the cross, where I spilled my blood
where to many they turn me eyes hung, but I heream it antisatan (chorus)

My name was know, the beginning of the victory... My name was know, antisatan

I am Jesus antisatan... It runs needy... it runs, it runs cursed.


8) Twilight of the King
6:13, lyrics:
In the twilight of the king, my perpetual worship, my creator and king Javé...
my worship and for you my father, that the night arrives, and always has that you
my heart.


9) My King
8:16, lyrics:
My life in a war spiritual... my dreams in this hands of my king
my king for you I fight Il destroy ... so that I am one of your warriors in the glory (chorus)
in its name, in its name, my king (2x)

MY KING

Other people's a dark war that if to the evil I cannot give up in way the spears and
sword

to hit the skull of the enemy, and leaving to fall for land

conflicts in my mind anger not to be successful in this war...
if to arrive to reach me, I has a strong shield in my front
a strong sword whose of two cuts to destroy the opponent all


Entering the World of Dark Woods (album, 2012, label uncertain)
Format: CD-R

For the label, Metal Archives says it was released independently; Discogs says it was released by Extreme Records. Were there, perhaps, two versions? That would explain the variations in artwork.

1) Shekinah 5:12
2) And If They Hide in Caves 7:14
3) Never Crawl 5:29
4) For Dark Night 4:39
5) The Second King Returns 6:43 (bonus track)
6) Twilight of the King Pt II 4:54
7) The City Is on the Hill 9:12



Cold Ice (album, 2014, Independent)
Format: CD-R, digipak (???)

There was a digipak version, as seen in the photo on the right... However, the photo on the left clearly shows a jewel case. Can anyone explain this?

1) Cold Ice 6:40
2) Close Frost Eyes of Death 6:25
3) The Frost Orient War 7:33
4) Glimpse of the Land of Ice 3:01
5) My Soul in the Horizon 6:44
6) In the Deep Frost Caves 5:42
7) In the Winter Close My Eyes 5:47
8) Dark Woods - The Choice and His 4:17
9) The Lost Ancient Sound of the Lord 7:41



The Return of Cold Ice (album, January, 2017, Metal Survivor)
Format: CD-R, limited 200 copies

1) The Last Flight
00:50, instrumental

2) The Coldest Road, Beggining Frost
5:01, lyrics:
The coldest road, and the safest way. My life begins and a new birth. From the darkest to the lightest. The path in winter mist. What I cut my face in the wind along the light. And what else makes me think. This atmosphere is worth it because in the end are the strong will arrive. Look to the horizon see that the light at the top. The beauty that awaits us is worth all that walk in the snow. The wind which in turn shows all the valley vastness. The wind which in turn. The coldest road.

3) Frozen Thunder Night
6:29, lyrics:
I'm here on his knees, my eyes see the night. Cold and constant night. I beg your presence, please. In my beautiful frost night. Thunder are echoes beyond the horizon. The cold thunder and its light from one side to the other in the sky. The power that lights me. The force that regenerates me, the power of the King. The cold night did not stop me from walking my destination. The thunder in the same terror, is nothing more than the power that guides me. Out and cold and beautiful and dark, but all for the fear of the Lord and the beginning of wisdom. The Lord frost night thunder.

4) The Divine Manifestation
5:31, lyrics:
The divine creation in manifestation. The power transform us. Now in my son in the great power. The divine manifestation.

5) The Cold Forest
6:40, lyrics:
My eyes are watching the cold forest. My dream now is in your hands. Every step I take I awake to the cold. But the sun moves through the forest. My eyes are watching the cold forest. My dream now is in your hands. Every step I take I awake to the cold. But the sun moves through the forest. My eyes are watching the cold forest. My dream now is in your hands.

6) The Hills Frost Night
8:07, lyrics:
The hill the way to frost. I look sideways see dry bones. Hidden and a long time on the ice. My legs are tired with every step. But I need to get, I see the light at the end of the mountain...

7) The Village in the Frost Lands
4:53, instrumental

8) The Throne His King Forest
7:20, lyrics:
Within the forest fog. My steps, crushing the ice branches. The trees and branches seem to lean. The indicate a clearing ahead. I hear the chants of the leaves. I am faced with a light that comes from above. And the light is stronger every step of mine. And almost impossible to look at. But I realize, and identify. A throne in the centre of the light mist in the centre of the forest. I will not stand to look or tilt my eyes to that light source. I can not bear to look at the pure light. And before the throne burn seven flaming torches, which are the seven Spirits. The throne and his Forest King.

9) The King of the Ends of the Earth
3:45, instrumental






___________________________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages, UncertainInfo, SimilarTo
INFO:
1) The rest of the lyrics. 2) Format info for "... Strong Tower", "Destroying the Gods Northern", and "Cold Ice". 3) Label info for "Entering the World of Dark Woods". 4) Why are there different versions of the artwork for "Entering the World of Dark Woods" and "Destroying the Gods Northern"??? 5) Why are there 2 different CD artworks for "Return of Cold Ice?"
IMAGES:
1) All three band logos... 2) Basically all of the cover art. I AM CERTAIN there is a higher-res version of "Return to Cold Ice" out there. It was on Metal Survivor's website, and it was over 1000 pixels... but I can't find it anymore.




Miscellaneous stuff:

Left: Promotional image. Apparently, for the album "Entering the World of Dark Woods":
Right: Just a picture from Myspace.
 
 
Similar to: [SECULAR] Summoning, Trhä / Trha, Vinterriket, Vintlechkeit, ColdWorld, Daemonium, Eldamar, Gravelurker, Medenera, Forest Moonless, Uruk-Hai (Aut), Draumar, [CHRISTIAN] Winter's Dawn, Coldrealm, Ansgar, Lord of the Night, Old Path, Requiem Eternam, Sacred Forests

No comments: