ÎNTRISTARE


This image has been resized.
To view the original 3432x3600 res, click [here].

BAND NAME: Întristare (Intristare)
GENRE: Raw / Depressive Black Metal, Ambient
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: USA (Greensboro, North Carolina)

Formed in 2016 as a solo project of Anxiety. Other members joined later.

The word "întristare" means "sorrow" in Romanian.

Lineup:
Caleb "Vlad" / "Anxiety" - Vocals, Guitars (rhythm)
Trey - Guitars (lead)
Michael - Guitars (rhythm)
Greg - Bass
Jacob - Drums

Past members:
Dresden - Vocals (backing)
Brandon - Guitars (rhythm)
Steven - Guitars (lead)
Richard - Bass
Ethan - Drums


Discography:

.............................................. Original 4000x4320 res [here].

Întristare / Self-Titled (EP)

Left: 28 February, 2016, Vinyl, 50 copies
Right: 28 February, 2016, Independent, Bandcamp

For the vinyl version, there were 30 black, and 20 clear with red splatters.

Originally, the Bandcamp version also had the left artwork, but it was changed at some point to the right artwork.

1) Întristare
7:28, lyrics:
Night pierces
The sky with swollen madness
Another slumber
To wake again tomorrow
With the intent of despair
Take me now, to the gates of
Fire and eternal torment
Give me life, by taking mine
Throw me down,
Where I will
Dwell forever
Where I will dwell forever
Deprivation of all light
Nothing but a mere shadow
Overlooking the world
I am not from here
Nor do I belong
I reside where no man would willingly dwell
A house of legions
A home built upon
The foundation of sorrow
Just stop my existence
Take me down from the altar of the son of man
Worthy I am not
of light
I have failed you my king of all that speaks
I have not brought with me what you asked for


2) Fată
2:57, lyrics:
Why must you go
Why must you leave
Why must this end
Why must you
Take me instead
Take me instead
Take me instead
Take me instead
Life is a curse
Death is a blessing
Life is a curse
Death is a blessing

3) Ură
5:26, lyrics:
Slowly, fading
Terror strikes my bones as I drift away
Nodding in and out, out this world
Falling into the abyss,
Decaying into the ground i stand upon
Never once have I understood,
The purpose of this life
The reason why we breathe
The reason why
Is it just to prove
That the creator of this world is a mindless fool
Is it meant to show
How grim the mindset of the maker is
I want to feel not life
But a constant suffering
A reminder of how you never cared
I will destroy you
I will rape you of your everything
And leave you stripped and breathless
Alone
Cold
Lying on the ground like the unholy whore you are
You took the life from inside me
You held me up
Above the altar of a man
Crucified upon the banquet of the clean
Forced to stare directly at the face of the fucking king
I will not kneel before you, but you will kneel before me


4) Curvă
6:25, lyrics:
Transformed by
A distant light
Made anew
By unseen hands
Taken
Taken down
From the altar
In which i stand
Formed through
A time
In which pain is imminent
I will now be laid to rest
I will now be laid to rest
I will now be sentenced
To eternal sleep
I will now be slain
Upon the monument
I will now die
I will now be ended
Taken from this home
And thrown down where I belong


5) Sfârşit
3:22, lyrics not mentioned on Bandcamp

This image has been resized.
To view the original 5300x5228 res, click [here].

Blood Moon (single, 18 April, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Blood Moon 4:12

This image has been resized.
To view the original 5873x5362 res, click [here].

Oath (single, 12 June, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Oath 5:10
This image has been resized.
To view the original 2400x2400 res, click [here].

Ruth (single, 5 February, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Ruth 3:11, see below for lyrics
This image has been resized.
To view the original 2400x2400 res, click [here].

Melancholy (EP, 6 February, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Ruth
3:11, lyrics:
Amorous I became with you.
The nectarous smell of sweet alyssum fills the air.
Under the pink dogwood tree
I lay down my withered, putrescent shell.
In search of slumber, I venture to my little piece of land that is my own.

In the bright golden fields I walked with you.
By night, i fell with you.
We fell together.

Paintings of lambent figures danced for us. Just for us.
We lay there, together. Both searching for something amiable.

Woken to the song of Nightingales. We depart.
Goodbye.
To re-unite under this shroud of sleep some day.
You are limited to my dreams.

In reality I have lost you.
I have lost myself.
I have lost myself.
I am not here.
I am nowhere.

2) The Listener
4:15, lyrics:
I sat in that room.
Relying on the bitter vinegar to sooth me.
I fell with you.

The night spiraled into diurnal course.
I felt you near me.
Calling out to the delphinium you spoke my name.
I fell to your feet.
Sparing once was my command.
Now lost am I.

Did I disregard that embrace.
Did I ever know your name.
I was your crutch in bitter memory.
I called out.
But awaken did I.
To see nothing... No one...

An empty hope.

A desire.

A fetish.


3) Irresistable (Deafheaven cover)
5:49, instrumental

4) I No Longer Fear the Door That Leads to You
2:17, lyrics:
For You I kissed the sun.
For You I threw myself aside.

When did I notice
This silent home.

I fell so far
Into your arms.


Death Camp (single, 14 March, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

I'm very confused about this release. I remember in 2017, there wasn't any audio for it, but now there is. The band must have added audio at some point. Also, the single is called "Death Camp", but the title written on the cover (if I'm reading it correctly) seems to be "Set an Inidem"? What does that mean?

1) Death Camp 6:45

Chasms of My Dwelling (single, 20 July, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Chasms of My Dwelling
3:09, lyrics:
A picture
Glaring through darkness
I see that face
Of that man
Cold I slept
On the tile floor
That night you called to me
You asked me
Where am I
I explained
You are home
I am here
Back to slumber
I rest my head down
Upon that tile
To never
Awake
Again

BANDCAMP VERSION

CD VERSION ...................... CASSETTE VERSION


The Gathering of Like Believers (album)

Top:
28 August, 2017, Independent, Bandcamp
Bottom:
Left: 28 August, 2017, Fallen Portrait Music, CD-R, DVD case, limited 50 copies
Right: 28 August, 2017, Fallen Portrait Music, Cassette, limited 500 copies

Guest appearances:
Theo "La Cachette" Charlesworth - Vocals (speech, track 4)
Darius Alston - Guitars (tracks 2-4, 6-7)
Tyler "T-Lo" Oneil - Guitars (tracks 2-4, 6-7)
Matthew Keeter - Bass (tracks 2-4, 6)
Greg Knowles - Drum programming (tracks 2-4, 6)

The Bandcamp version originally had the top-left artwork.
At some point, it was changed to the top-right artwork.

1) Introduction
2:24, instrumental

2) Bearer of Light
1:10, lyrics unknown

3) The Gathering of Like Believers
4:43, lyrics:
Given the craft to flourish
Amongst this undying vastland
A proper burial
Is in order for the king
My knowledge of You is just
My devotion is a promise.

My God, Abba, Oh father
Your people are suffering
We beg have mercy on us
For we admit our filth.

I receive Your grace
A vessel, of mortal decay
My life is what You mold it
For I am the dampened clay.


4) The Secret Place
7:37, lyrics:
Alone, wanders my soul
to dreary weathered fields
Begotten my father have I
for longing am I for you.

In the secret place
I gathered myself there
to seek something amiable
I welcome the kingdom
I receive the undeserving favor
I welcome these known arms
Around my coarse skin
Your plan
Use my mortal hands
To craft a dead gift
To this dying world.

A reception of Kingdom and Favor
To then release knowledge bestowed
A mirror of all that is worthy
Embedded inside of my soul
A carcass, a corpse, a memory
Forgotten in times of doubt
Another regaining of consciousness
That place in which solace is found.


5) Intrelude
2:05, instrumental

6) Knowledge Unknown
3:24, lyrics:
Defy me a thrice and will commence
A most important portrait
Not of man
But of supernatural
A sight said to burn the eyes
Something unfathomable
Something pure and just
Something in wake of a thought
Something to remind the others
That life is not a constant
That life is but yet a privilege
Given to us by our God


7) The Kingdom
4:30, lyrics unknown


Judah (EP, 11 November, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Grace
2:11, lyrics unknown

2) Ruth Part 2
3:14, lyrics:
Promise me this
That I will not be led astray
For I am lost
Without direction I wander
To places amidst pain and hate

My mind has withered with death
This time I have has lessened
For I will use what's given
To be a beacon of grace
This name, this duty, this mission
That You have placed on my arms
I will carry it proudly amongst me
And shed Your light


3) The Crown
3:12, lyrics:
Dance your fire dance

Rejoice rejoice
For we have won this war
This battle amongst his servants
Conquering all who stand
Striking down the pillars
Of this ruined dead land
Spitting in the face of this serpent
As he slithers back into his hole

A cavern of filth and stench
You muster and pace with rage
Bleeding and wounded from battle
Your servants in numbers were slain
Now rest and regain your strength
Before the next attack has begun
But before the battle begins
We already have won


4) The Horned One
4:45, lyrics:
Eyes pierced like the sun
Mangled you stand before the throne
Denied a place inside this home
Rejection is all that you know
Faulted not thee begat my son
Return to ash from whence you birthed
A place in solace is far from your fate
Behead the legions with thine voice
Principalities do tremble
When the name is uttered
For once you where royalty
And now you are damned

Fall to your knees
Return the crown
To the one who created you
The one who you have deceived

Ezekiel 28 : 7-10

Fall down you devil
You prideful rotten man
For I am the one he sends
To reverse the damage of the damned
Your servants whimper and whine
When I give command to leave
This aura around my body
Is the downfall of all you beings


5) In the Midst of White Fire
2:21, instrumental

6) Risen
4:55, lyrics:
Wonderful
My Healer
Giver of grace
Because You have risen from the grave
Faith's my sight
You're my might
Impossible is slain
Because You have risen from the grave


Yeshua (album, 1 January, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Guest appearances:
Tyler Brandis - Unknown (track 4)
Allan Talmon - Unknown (track 7)
Cameron Barnes - Unknown (track 8)

Originally had the left artwork, but was changed at some point to the right artwork.

1) Introduction 2
2:53, instrumental

2) Fiery Skies
1:12, lyrics:
Fiery skies consume my fields
the darkness lay unwell
this battle cry we brandish proudly
is our forever home
take my body back
for them to identify
take this letter back
for the enemy to remember.


3) And Winter Fields
2:27, instrumental

4) Begotten
4:07, lyrics:
Bleed me as You may
But fearful I am of You
This power You portray
Deters me from trust
Hear my plea
Hear my cries
Where are You
God.


5) The Elders Decay
2:49, lyrics:
Our decay is final
Eminent is our demise
Foreshadow my death


6) An Inquisition
1:45, instrumental

7) The March to Our Victory
4:37, lyrics:
Slain upon the battlefield
March in perfect order
Henchmen of Satan defiled
Heads removed from the torsos
Blood on my sword, the taste of iron.

Decaying in rust
Pools soak the floor
Behead this beast
Then bathe in his blood.


8) It Is Lifted
2:47, lyrics:
Deliverer
Grace consumes
Faith appoints. My standing with You.
Bring me Your kingdom God.


9) Dancing Tongues
3:24, lyrics:
I will scream
Until all breath leave me
Dance your fire dance
Nations will proclaim the victory
Enemies will bow down before you
Unclean am I
For filth has infected
But still I will claim my Father


10) Sombre
3:29, instrumental

11) I Will Rest
3:22, instrumental

12) Judah {Draft} (bonus)
1:49, instrumental



Vestiges 1 (EP, 20 January, 2019, Independent)
Formats: Vinyl (green, 150 copies) and Bandcamp
Vinyl link expired
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

At some point, the artwork on Bandcamp was changed to the bottom artwork.

The original cover art is "Hylas and the Nymphs", by John William Waterhouse. It depicts a story in Greek mythology: a man named Hylas is looking for fresh drinking water, and finds a pond, populated by nymphs. In his lust, he is lured into the water by the nymphs, and is never seen again.

1) Carapace 7:40
2) Devoid 2:10
3) The Cherry Field 3:16
4) Incandescent 2:25



Vestiges II : The Agony of Grief (EP, 10 December, 2019, Independent)
Formats: CD (limited 20 copies) and Bandcamp
Buy the CD + Stream/Download (OFFICIAL)

Written on the artwork, typos left in:
"I was on my bed. Lying still and bathing in silence. Like a freshley shed carapace, Lifeless. My eyes melted into the ceiling and my brain soon followed. I have so many questions for you. Ones that i'm not sure i even want to know the answers to. I could still smell the dread of the hospital on my clothes. It follows me like a cloud of flies on a carcass. You haunt every corner of my room and every thought in my mind. The fact that you didn't know who i was before you passed stabs me like a dagger. Turning and twisting and writhing into my heart. The blade twisting the tissue and flesh around it and then pulling out, scraping the blade against my ribcage, creating the most grievous sound. Only i can hear this sound, Only i can feel this sting, Only in slumber am i free, from the agony of grief........."

1) Ruth Part III : Entry One
7:59
I begged for skies to speak
I begged for your body to breathe...


2.Softly They Walk : Reflections
1:46, lyrics unknown

3.Twenty-Third Psalm : Lowest
3:46, lyrics:
I hated visiting you in that place
I smell the cold everywhere I go...


4) Bouquet : Dementia
3:00, lyrics:
Sorrows in silence
Trapped in a void...


5) Poinsettia Diary : Jireh
3:50, lyrics:
Breed what's left of me
The pages of yesterday....


6) Vestiges : In Memory
5:55, lyrics unknown

7) Always, Alone, Afraid : Watching
5:34, lyrics:
The needle grazing my heart
The blood is dripping from my feet...


8) Judah : Uriah
9:32, lyrics:
I remember the day that I found out your lungs had collapsed...

9) I Will Rest II : Final Entry
4:33, lyrics:
There' s always something more important...

This image has been resized.
To view the original 2372x2372 res, click [here].

Front-Facing (EP, 8 February, 2020, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Written on the cover:
"SORROW" ©2020
"INTRISTARE a4 FRONT-FACING©2020"
"CARELESS"
"DESCRIBED BY GOD TO BE A PHARMACIST
TO NATURE THE TONGUE OF A DYING FETAL"


1) WatchHerDressUpThroughtheChamomileParents 2:51
2) TheBeautyandDemiseasWrittenbyaRapeVictim
4:37
3) Caustic
3:58
4) BoyBoysBoysBoysBoysMenBoys
4:16
5) CollectYourThoughts
3:26






_____________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages
INFO:
1) The rest of the lyrics, including full lyrics for "Vestiges II". 2) What did the guest musicians do on the "Yeshua" album? 3) Which tracks are on Side A and Side B for the various vinyls and cassettes on this page?
IMAGES:
1) Original version of the self-titled EP. 2) Original Bandcamp version for "Gathering of Like Believers". 3) Original Bandcamp version for "Yeshua".

No comments: