GLAMDRING



BAND NAME: Glamdring
GENRE: Unblack Metal
STATUS: Unknown
LOCATION: USA (Columbia, South Carolina)

Formed in 2006 under a different name, as a solo project by Tor Magnus.
Other members joined later, after the release of "Lucifer's Tomb".

The band is named after a sword in Lord of the Rings.

Doomspel and Ivegion are brothers.

Lineup:
Matthew "Tor Magnus" Eldridge - Everything (early), Vocals (later)
Doomspel - Drums

Past members:
Dylan Myers - Guitars (lead)
Ivegion - Guitars (lead)
Matt Wilhelm - Guitars (lead)
Scott Barber - Guitars
Azbeztuus - Guitars (rhythm)
Austin Barber - Guitars (acoustic/rhythm)
Grayson Beard - Guitars
Austin Larrimore - Bass
Viskarith - Bass

Links:

Discography:


............................................................

Lucifer's Tomb (EP)

Left: 2008, Independent, CD
Right: image on their website, NOT SURE IF RELEASED / LEGIT

All track lengths unknown.

Also, in 2016, Tor Magnus mentioned rerecording and reworking this EP.
At the time of writing this, no updates have been given yet.

1) Metatron
2) The Cavernous Soul
3) Of Tears and Darkness
4) Mist at the Gates
5) Pantheon
6) Outro (Rest and Peace)
7) Freezing Moon (Mayhem cover)




Till Death Do Us Part / Death Do Us Part (album)

Top:
Left: Death Do Us Part, year unknown, Erlösung Distribution, Digital, link expired
Right: Death Do Us Part, photo on Myspace; NOT SURE IF LEGIT / RELEASED
Bottom:
2010, Till Death Do Us Part, UMS (RIP-OFF LABEL), CD-R, (???) copies, sold out

At least 50 copies exist of the Unblack Metal Scene version.
By the way, a couple sites mention the CD-R version being co-released with Glamdring's personal label "Permafrost Records". Can anyone verify this?

1) Fallen False Superior
4:52, lyrics:
Ancient and corrupted
The infernal band of man
Adversary drenched in primal sin
Make thyself known
That I may curse you
Our time has come to blaspheme thy name
My God has conquered all thy foolish ways
The new Jerusalem is now at hand
I call the fire to consume your remains

I cast down the error of your ways
I will raise my sword
And cut asunder all
Who seek to profit in the world’s demise
Crush the seed of Belial's ignorance
Your fallen false superior

Defy, I shall the endless cycle
Your greed, your pride shall not avail you
Bring forth the scroll which shall testify his end
Which testifies his end
In eternal fire


2) For the Caananites
9:10, lyrics unknown

3) Sleep My Child
7:07, lyrics:
Sleep, my child
Lay your head down
Sleep my child
Now is the time to rest
Let the cares of this night subside
Feed the urge to die
The open tomb calls thy name
Bring the air of death into this place
Follow thee, thy wearied frame
The cemetery is thy resting place

Cold earth holds my corpse
Bitter ground of my remorse
The touch of silence still
Bears me away now

Death, my child
Lay your head down
Rest, my child
Leave thy pain in the ground
Let the cares of this life subside
Enter peace tonight
The open tomb calls thy name
Bring the air of death into this place
Follow thee, thy wearied frame
The cemetery is thy resting place

Be my spirit lifted forth
In this terrestrial divorce
Lay no wreath upon my tomb
Do not mourn my flesh entombed

Night calls me to my tomb
My flesh shall be doomed
Night calls me to my tomb
My flesh shall be doomed.


4) Restless Shadows
6:31, lyrics:
I am cold
Darkness plagues my existence
Light a flame to warm my frigid flesh
Restless shadows arise to feast
My God, grant me aid
Restore me into you favor
Take these shadows
Vanquish them forever
Take my heart; thy royal throne
Restore my purity
Holy power, engulf my enemy
Into the fire!

Silently I walk the night
Keeping watch to the stillness of the shadows
i am ever walking by the light of the moon which illumes my path

Night, my love
I shall walk with thee
Hand in hand, unafraid
It is not your darkness that I fear
Only they whose presence lingers here

When I fall
Your hand shall pick me up
When I call
Your voice shall answer
Eyes like thunder ever watch my steps
Eternal savior redeeming me
Holy power engulf my enemy
Into the fire!

Night, my love
I shall walk with thee
Hand in hand, unafraid
It is not your darkness that I fear
Only they whose presence lingers here

Silently I walk the night
Keeping watch to the stillness of the shadows
I am ever walking by the light of the moon which illumes my path.


5) In Defiance
6:00, lyrics unknown

6) Requiem
4:03, lyrics unknown

7) Windswept Pines
4:58, lyrics unknown

8) Consecrate
5:10, lyrics unknown

9) Nocturnal Offering
5:05, lyrics unknown

10) Sanctus Glorificus Rex
5:20, lyrics unknown


Can't Take Away My God (split, 2010, UMS Records (RIPOFF LABEL))
Format: CD-R

1) Glamdring - Sleep My Child 7:09, see above for lyrics
2) Glamdring - Consecrate 5:14


 Seventh Seal of Subsequent Plagues (single, 5 November, 2012, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1)  Seventh Seal of Subsequent Plagues
5:01, see below for lyrics


As the World Decays (album)

21 March, 2016, Independent, Digital
???, Nokternal Hemizphear, "hard copy", NOT SURE IF RELEASED

The physical version was mentioned here.

1) Eulogy for a Fallen Soul
8:38, lyrics unknown

2) Time Immemorial
6:16, lyrics unknown

3) Sickened World
5:29, lyrics unknown

4) Beyond the Veil of Night
7:05, lyrics unknown

5) Through the Realm of Frost
4:44, lyrics unknown

6) Hell Eternal
5:10, lyrics unknown

7) Seventh Seal of Subsequent Plagues
6:29, lyrics:
Armageddon coming
Witchery and foul deeds
Darkness, famine and war
The seventh chalice of wrath is released
Prophecy foretold, burning the eyes of the seers
Gone from the earth
No hope for mankind

An army shall gather
And fire ascend
Cutting the rift
Man is now dead, only darkness again

Conquering light force,
Opening the Seventh Seal.
Subsequent plagues
Never to rest
Evil remains
The good are at rest
This is the second death.


8) In Excelsis
7:42, lyrics unknown





_____________________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages, UncertainInfo
INFO:
1) Any info on all the "not sure if released" versions of these albums??? 2) The rest of the lyrics. 3) Track lengths for "Lucifer's Tomb". 4) Did Permafrost Records have anything to do with "Death Do Us Part"?
IMAGES:
Every image here could use a higher-res, higher-quality version!





Miscellaneous stuff:

1) The original graphic on the front of the "Lucifer's Tomb" EP
2) Just a picture from their website
3) Logo on white background (which makes it difficult to crop!)

Left: Old logo
Right: Original concept sketch for the Glamdring logo

No comments: