VERDELGER



BAND NAME: Verdelger
GENRE: Raw Unblack Metal
STATUS: Changed name
(Unknown under new name, Borgazûr)
LOCATION: Netherlands

Years active:
2000-2002 Verdelger
2002- late 2003 Borgazûr
October 2005-201? Borgazûr

Formed as a death metal band, but switched to black metal before any music was recorded. Also note, the "noisy" sound you hear online is from a rip of the CD.

 Lineup:
Lord Swordfather (Borgazûr, ex-Bloedoffer, etc) - Vocals, Guitars, Drums
Baron Eulogian - Drums

Past members:
Herr Darkpriest (Ancient Uncreated Incarnation, etc) - Bass

Links:
Official site @ archive.org (cjb.net / geocities) Only two pages seem to work
Official site @ archive.org (8m.com) .... Also seems to redirect to cjb.net
Interview

Discography:

^ Higher res, lower quality ............... ^ Lower res, higher quality


In het holst van de zwarte nacht (2002, His Majesty Productions)
Format: CD-R

Guest appearances:
Sir the Wart - Guitars (track 3)

The booklet is very DIY. Paper inserts. While it could be a 2 panel insert, it's 4 panels, and the first and last 2 pages are blank. The panels aren't stapled together.

Features samples from the movie Braveheart.
"Doomed to Burn" is misspelled as "Doomned to Burn" on the back of the CD case (but is spelled correctly in the booklet).
Track 1 is not mentioned anywhere on the CD packaging.

1) (untitled / intro)
2:09, lyrics:
William Wallace: "I am William Wallace, and I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?"

Veteran: "Fight? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live."

William Wallace: "Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

(cheers)

William Wallace: "Alba gu bràth!"

(battle sounds/screams)


2) Satanic Lamentation
4:09, lyrics:
I live in a circle of dark magic
I feel the pressure of occultism
I have no more an own choice
I say that devilish Satan device

I live in a dim sphere
I know the menace
Satan told me
I don't want to a Satan knight
Satan, in the name of Christ: DIE!!!

I have a maim face,
The face of a man
who lives in a demon nation
My lamentation is to only Satan,

It's not maltreat when the highest arch God kills Satan.
Satan's punishment will be so hard, and for those who followed.


3) Doomed to Burn
2:45, lyrics:
I wish I didn't have
to come in this place.
It smells like a sty in the back street
But it began in a pub
in the suburb, but it ends here

I thought I could do it without You
But I just ended in a ravine
And now I'm doomed to burn in Hell,
In Hell I'm doomed to burn

My skin is getting a pelt that's leaving my body.
I'm drowned in sorrow and pain.

I thought I could do it without You
But I just ended in a ravine
And now I'm doomed to burn in Hell,
In Hell I'm doomed to burn

I scream, scream for help and mercy
Must I burn in Hell forever now?
Long is a time is a time
So I'm warning you now

I thought I could do it without You
But I just ended in a ravine
And now I'm doomed to burn in Hell,
I burn in Hell,
I burn in Hell,
I'm doomed to burn

I'm doomed to, doomed to burn in Hell


4) The Shimmering of the Last Days
2:34, lyrics:
I lived in darkness for years.
I've forgotten the color of light.
There's a pain all over my body.
Misery crawls, it crawls up to my head.

I try to get out of this sick world
I long for a candle with his fire
I feel like dying, but I can't

I remember 19 years ago
Jesus came to planet Earth
He took his children
And we are left behind

I try to get out of this sick world
I long for a candle with his fire
I feel like dying, but I can't


5) Imbolc Night and Its Bloody Funeral
2:31, lyrics:
"De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine;
Domine, exaudi vocem meam. Fiant aures tuæ intendentes
in vocem deprecationis meæ. Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine,
et lux perpetua luceat eis. Requiescat in pace. Amen."

"Amen."

Wait for thy precious and everlasting burial.
Blood of death flowing at thy eternal funeral.
No, not a dream or a long-lasting nightmare;
the evil of thy heart will be rotting in despair.

My sword is weeping in this battle of pain.
My heart is mourning in these nights so in vain.
But for my Emperor I fight.
In darkness, see stars give their light.

In time, pain is becoming more strong,
I move but my ways, they seem to be wrong.
Death is calling, my heart is mourning.
Emperor, is this my everlasting calling?

Wizard proclaim your evil spell.
Be the son of a dark lord in Hell.
Imbolc night and its bloody funeral;
wait for thy precious and everlasting burial.


6) In het holst van de zwarte nacht
2:58, lyrics:
In het holst van de zwarte nacht
toonde eens de keizer zijn kracht.
Toen ik daar in het duister liep,
en Hij mij uit het dodenrijk riep.

Het slechte riep: "laat zijn bloed toch stromen!"
Het slechte riep: "laat hem toch gaan!"
Toen keerde Keizer het slechte de rug toe,
zodat ik voor zijn troon kon staan

Ook liet de Keizer mij zijn rijk zien:
Hemel, aarde, zee en land,
"Begrijp goed" sprak Hij luid als donder,
"niets is tegen mij bestand".

Van dit geluid moest ik zo trillen.
De angst kroop tot diep binnenin.
Ik kon mijn lichaam niet meer houden,
zodat ik op mijn knieën ging.

O nee, de Keizer is niet te bevatten.
Al die praal en al die pracht,
pas maar op, gauw kom je Hem tegen.
In het holst... van de zwarte nacht.


 De Bremer stads muzikanten (single, 2003, SneeuwStorm Produkties)
Format: CD, limited 25 copies

1) De Bremer stads muzikanten 5:55
 

Een reis naar de galgeheuvel - Het vierde deel (compilation)

Left:
2005, Sneeuwstorm Produkties, 2 CD-R
17 December, 2023, SneeuwStorm, Bandcamp
Right:
2010, UMS Records (RIPOFF LABEL), 2 CD-R

The Unblack Metal Scene version is misspelled as "Gen reis".

CD1, track 6) Verdelger - Satanic Lamentation
4:15


5 Jaren 1999-2004 (compilation)

2005, SneeuwStorm Produkties, CD
13 March, 2015, Nokternal Hemizphear, Bandcamp

"stads muzikanten" is written as one word on NH's Bandcamp.

8) Verdelger - The Shimmering of the Last Days 2:34
9) Verdelger - Doomed to Burn 2:46
11) Verdelger - De Bremer stadsmuzikanten 5:52

^ Slightly smaller, better quality .............. ^ Slightly bigger, not as good of quality

Holst van de zwarte nacht & De Bremer stads muzikanten 2002/2003 (compilation, 2011, UMS Records (RIPOFF LABEL))
Format: CD in DVD case, limited 100 copies
sold out

Despite the official title being on the artwork, it was referred to simply as "Demos Reissue" on the Unblack Metal Scene website.

50 copies have color artwork; 50 have black-and-white artwork.

See above for lyrics.

1) Satanic Lamentation 4:09
2) Doomed to Burn 2:45
3) The Shimmering of the Last Days 2:34
4) Imbolc Night and Its Bloody Funeral 2:31
5) In het holst van de zwarte nacht 2:58
6) De Bremer stads muzikanten 5:55


______________________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages, NeedsScriptureReferences, SimilarTo
INFO:
1) Lyrics for "De Bremer". 2) Anyone have the black-and-white artwork for the 2011 comp?
IMAGES:
1) De Bremer..." 2) The 2011 compilation.


Note to self: Upload some scans.



Miscellaneous stuff:

Image from their old homepage:

The original wolf photo used for the 2011 comp:
smaller size, panoramic view ................. larger size, smaller view


Similar to: [SECULAR] Black Beasts, Ildjarn, Bogatyr, Master Destroyer, Swordfuck, VVail, Yggtyrhyrkkh Hin Dystre, Burn You All into Oblivion, O (Fin), Satans Elite Kommando, Immemorial Celtic Wind, Penance in Blood, Frontline Despair, [CHRISTIAN] Emperador, Azrael (Can), Bealiah, Bloedoffer, Cacophony of Wailing, Enitor, Frozen Burial, My Dying Light, Offerblod, Primitive Church,

No comments: