HORCRVX (Horcrux)

NOTE: Not to be confused with a secular band named Horcrvx, also from the USA.


^ Old logo ................. v New logo



BAND NAME: Horcrvx (aka Horcrux)
GENRE: Deathcore
STATUS: Changed name
(Active under new name, Desolate Tomb)
LOCATION: USA (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)

Formed in 2016. Changed name in 2018.
Added here based on its connection to Desolate Tomb.

Lineup:
Dakota Whiteside - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
Bandcamp
Discography:


Spitting Nails (single, 17 February, 2017, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Spitting Nails
4:13, lyrics:
I close my eyes; trying to suppress
The hate that festers within myself
Everyday is another war in my mind
My flesh seeks death, my spirit wants life

Oh Father God, please don't forsake me to myself
I'd rather rot in the dirt as worms devour me
A husk of hatred from the pain that I've felt
Undeserving of Your mercy, deserving of Hell
The face of death; knocking at my door
Anger, hatred; brought forth from misery
Violent thoughts, vile speech from my mouth
Torment from the anguish felt within my soul

Anger, hatred, violent thoughts, vile speech
Curses under my breath, animosity within
Hate in my eyes, the unsettling display
Of a man who preaches love, but inside he feels hate

Father, please forgive me
I have sinned against Your children
Hateful acts committed in hypocrisy
The selfish acts of a heretic

Spitting nails

Malicious indignation
A mere act of violence
Committed in the name of heresy
Forgive my blatant sin
Against Your holy name

Inside this coffin made of flesh
Is a heart that beats for You, Lord


Christian Deathcore: Volume 5 (compilation, 7 October, 2017, Christian Deathcore)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Also written, "Christian Deathcore: Volume V"

12) Horcrux - Spitting Nails 4:13, see above for lyrics


Deathcurse (EP, 5 January, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Void
2:21 (growls)

2) Ill Omen
5:18, lyrics:
I awake to deafening silence
To dreadful sights, I can’t move; I can’t speak
Legion of old; unholy manifest
Unable to cry out, my fears beckon me

They have come for me
The devil’s advocates
One to my left, one to my right
One above gripping my neck
I can’t escape this nightmare
They whisper in my ear, “God is dead”

The hell spawn’s gaze sears deep into my being
Eyes black as night and as cold as the void

I begin to waste away
Death has its grip on me
No peace, no serenity
Only pain in this darkness
At the hand of my oppressor
I cannot escape this pain
I cannot awake from this dream

My body shakes ever so violently
Now awake, but the shadows still remain
Demons from Hell, sent to torment me
Fear holds my mind as I lie, still paralyzed
The hands of Hell reach out to capture me

I lie so speechless
I cannot make a sound
I have accepted that this is my demise
“Father; why has thou forsaken me?”
The only thought I can exhume in this wretched place

My eyes are blinded by the dark
The light dissipates
Death comes crawling from the void; inevitable
My soul slips away into the black abyss
I cannot hear your voice
I cannot see your face
Lost to the depths of Hell
My soul fades away
Into nothing

One last time, I awake from my dreadful state
The hellions tremble at sight of their defeat
One word is all I speak
At once the dark is gone
A hand reaches out to me from above
Jesus


3) From Dust; to Dust
4:07, lyrics:
Six feet beneath the creek bed; my soul does find
The solaces that this world left behind

Death, decay, and a shallow empty grave
Are all this world have to offer in the end
A coffin filled with bones
All your flesh decomposed
Erased forever by time

From dust to dust
We shall all return
Only barren corpses; left to rot in the dirt
Vanity
All is vanity
From the beginning to the end of the earth
Nothing is ours to claim, but death whom none escape
Keeper of void calls us home

Nothing
You will keep nothing
When we die; our graves are all the same
No obtained wisdom
No obtained riches
None of these fill the hole within ourselves
Our dreams and pursuits are naught but in vain
There is no purpose to the desires of our hearts
But to die and to dust return as were once before

At the end of your days
When you lay on your deathbed
Realize how miserable your life was
Because of the pursuit of vanity

You spent your whole life chasing after greed, pride, lust, and fortune
Now that you’re dying all of these will rot and decay with you
How does it feel knowing your search for worth was in vain?
How does it feel now that your heart is filled with regret?


4) Deathcurse I
3:36, lyrics:
When I die throw my body to the wolves
Don’t bury me; cast me to the void
The black abyss calls for me to come home
To close my eyes one last time

My consciousness betrays me
How can I see the light if there is no darkness
Downward spiral into a chasm
A bleak perception of my own creation

Into black I descend
Self loathing hypocrite
Hate darkens the heart within me
Grief watches my every step
It lingers in the shadows
Behind the deaths that haunt me
“What did I do to deserve this?”
“Why couldn’t I save your life?”

A life once lived in ignorant bliss
Now corrupt by the wounds that never healed
Loathsome soul; bereft of joy I’ll never know
This life is fleeting; God please just take me home


5) Deathcurse II
4:11, lyrics:
Death is coming there is no escape
It curses all with it’s blackened touch
A grave below for you to die in vain
A place where none see the light of day

Vision blurring
Your body grows cold
You lie so still as your life slips away
In this moment, your life plays before you
Then as it ends the flame burns out

Death has come

A grave prepared for you; your final resting place
There is no turning back; no second chances
You’ve stayed your welcome, now Carrion awaits
To take you to eternal rest

All the misery and pain you’ve caused
Has finally caught up with you

Misery and pain are all that wait for you here in this place of shame
Mourn your life for it was filled with greed and the despair you inflicted on others

Death is the very curse that awaits us all at the end of our lives
When our time comes; we will all embrace the sweet kiss of death forever

This image has been resized.
To view the original 3000x3000 res, click [here].

A Martyr's Death (single, 1 March, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) A Martyr's Death
4:34, lyrics:
I am to die a martyr’s death
Upon the cross upside down

Unworthy to die as He before me
I welcome death with open arms
The nine tails’ lash lay on me
I feel them tear to the bone
Again and again the whips flay my flesh;
The pain is neverending; I now wish for death
It denies me as I denied the Son of Man
A piece of shame that I take to my grave

I take up my cross one last time for the sake of faith
My time on earth has finally met its end

I die today
A martyr’s death; I’ve earned
I will not falter on the faith I hold dear
In the face of death I persevere
This life I leave is naught but a speck of dust
Unto the grave I die but I will be reborn

My soul cries out for the touch of the void
Alas, that fate is a blessing compared to the suffering inflicted this day by the hands of man in their sinful greed
I stand before the crowds, a ragged man with nothing left but the death I am deserving for the crime of faith

I pick up the wooden cross
Ensured of my passing from this life to the next
I feel a shove from behind, I take my first step of many to the grave
I approach the site of the devil’s lair
The mouth of the abyss stares at me
No longer can I run from the fate ahead
I gladly accept my destiny
My death will serve as encouragement to the faith of the weak
Our God is deserving of even our lives
When we reach the hill, I ask one last time to invert my cross
For I am not worthy to die as the one who died for me
I am unworthy



______________________________
Miscellaneous stuff:
Thumbnail for "Spitting Nails" on Dakota's YouTube

No comments: