SANCTIFIED ETHOS

BAND NAME: Sanctified Ethos
GENRE: Raw, Atmospheric Unblack Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: USA (Colorado)

Formed in 2021.

Lineup:
The Unknown - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
Bandcamp

Discography:


The True Art of Isolation (demo)

Top: 5 September, 2021, Independent, Bandcamp
Bottom: 15 October, 2021, Independent, Cassette, limited 15 copies

Guest appearance:
Docile Servant - Drums (tracks 1+2)

The cassette is single-sided.

1) The True Art of Isolation
3:42, lyrics:
To exclude the mind from needs and lust
To drive away the illusions of pleasure
The items that bring no peace nor mental treasure
To deny the true human nature
To push aside the snakes and it's whispers
In hopes to one day be free from ego
And all its desires
To walk the path imperfect, perfectly
I'll notice my mistakes and repent the taste
My will
Be strong with God


2) Seraphim
2:35, lyrics:
Angels of highest grace
Mysterious in all holy ways
Divine purity is your state
Along God's throne you wait
Watching the universe
Making sure all is in place
Angels of highest grace
Your essence blinds the wicked
Devils to ash
Evil is cast
Seraphim a holy majesty


3) Chaos of My Wicked Ways
6:26, lyrics:
My mind wonders back to my wicked ways
All the pain I inflicted onto the ones who showed me love
Blasphimised Christ in all devilish ways
I destroyed my relationship with fate
I am haunted
For I was once corrupt
My soul filled with sulfur
Hate, lust and pain was what I craved
Though Christ has found me
The demons still laugh
masquerading as suicide within mind
O how they dance
O God Father please hear me
Even if my past sins lead me to Hell
I'm still proud to serve thee


4) The Deserver
5:36

5) Falling Back to Christ
1:54, instrumental

Sorrow for Those Who Burn.. (demo, 3 November, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
link expired

Track 1 was originally called "To Hear the Screams of Eternal Redemption". The artist confirmed that was an error/typo; the correct title is shown here.

1) To Hear the Screams of the Repentless 1:40, instrumental
2) Sorrow for Those Who Burn 8:38


The True Art of Isolation + Sorrow for Those Who Burn (compilation, 8 November, 2021, Annihilated Pentagram Productions)
Formats: CD-R and Bandcamp
Buy the CD-R (PayPal), (Credit card)
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Guest appearance:
Docile Servant - Drums (tracks 1+2)

The volume of track 5 was increased for this comp.
See above for lyrics!

1) The True Art of Isolation
3:42
2) Seraphim 2:35
3) Chaos of My Wicked Ways 6:26
4) The Deserver 5:36
5) Falling Back to Christ 1:54
6) To Hear the Screams of the Repentless 1:40
7) Sorrow for Those Who Burn 8:38


.....................................................

To Deny This False World (demo)

Left:
10 December, 2021, Independent, Bandcamp
21 March, 2022, Annihilated Pentagram Productions, Bandcamp + CD-R
Right:
13 January, 2022, Independent, Cassette, limited 15 copies

Guest appearance:
J D Paul - Everything (track 5)

The cassette is single-sided.

1) Intro
2:21, instrumental

2) Inhaling Dust
4:14, lyrics:
I fall apart as I pray for the ones on Earth
I inhale dust as I try to repeat the prayer without ceasing
Tears of blood for they lack the Trinity
Tears of blood as they are blinded by oblivion
They seek to be free
Giving into what the body needs
Man lacks the spirit
His soul lacks the spirit


3) To Deny the New Church Order
5:42, lyrics:
I will not subject to the new church order
I will not pray to the chapel of leftist corruption
I will not partake in the ritual of abortion
I will not accept trans body distortion
They fill the mind with lies
The corrupt children lives
The Evil one behind everything you believe is right
Reptile demons slithering through the night
Who do you pray to?
The pagan gods that choked on the dust of time?
Who do you pray to?
The government and its social lies?
Execute me as I pray to the Lord
Execute me as I speak of the Trinity
EXECUTE me for speaking the truth


4) Faith
3:20, instrumental

5) Tartarus (bonus track)
2:13, instrumental

Psalm 50 (single, 31 March, 2022, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)
 
Written on Bandcamp:
All sales will be donated to the nonprofit Punks and Monks linktr.ee/punksandmonks
From there the founds will go to help the Chapel at Holy Trinity Monastery In Akhalkalaki, Georgia
punksandmonks.com/the-chapel-at-holy-trinity-monastery-in-akhalkalaki-georgia/
 
This psalm is numbered 51 in the Masoretic, and 50 in the Septuagint.
The lyrics don't line up with any translation I can find. It seems to mostly be adapted from "Brenton's Septuagint Translation" yet it's not 100% the same.

1) Psalm 50
5:54, lyrics:
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy great mercy: according to the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out mine iniquity. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge mine iniquity: and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee only have I sinned, and done evil in Thy sight: that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged. For behold, I was shapened in iniquity: and in sin did my mother conceive me. For behold, Thou hast loved truth: the unclear and hidden things of Thy wisdom Thou hast made clear to me. Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness: the bones which Thou hast broken shall rejoice. Turn away Thy face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God: and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence: and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation: and steady me with a guiding Spirit. Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways: and the impious shall be converted unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of Thy righteousness. O Lord, open Thou my lips: and my mouth shall declare Thy praise. For if hadst Thou desired sacrifice, I would have given it Thee: Thou delightest not in burnt offerings. Sacrifices to God are a contrite spirit: a contrite and humble heart, O God, Thou wilt not despise. Do good, O Lord, in Thy good will unto Sion: that the walls of Jerusalem may be built up. Then shalt Thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with burnt-offering and whole-burnt offerings: then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

 

 

_________________________
ArtistConfirmed
, SimilarTo
Miscellaneous stuff:
Left: Header from Bandcamp
Middle: "Profile pic" from Bandcamp, sadly this is the highest res I can find
Right: The original cross picture that that profile pic is from

 
 
Similar to: [SECULAR] Pa Vesh En, Wheels Within Wheels, Fordom, Cuscuta, Astral Silence, Fauna, Funeral Eclipse, Labyrinthine, Husk of Elohim, Golden Light, Muvitium, Apothecary (CO/US), Silent Shepherd's Horn, Sunset (USA), [CHRISTIAN] Preces Infandus, Sanctification (Can), Vials of Wrath, Within Thy Wounds,

2 comments:

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...

I'm glad to see this band/guy here in the UA. I bought a couple things from Sanctified Ethos from Bandcamp in early Jan 2022 but didn't get to them until this week. It is great! Raw and atmospheric with excellent lyrics...it has that feeling and emotion which can only be found in such "primal" music.

It is patently obvious to me that The Unknown has a zeal for Christ and His church (especially the presentation and preservation of the Word of God), a sense of spiritual wonder, and a very repentant heart. The lyrics demonstrate all of this, and when the topic is past transgressions, they are heartbreaking.

If you like raw, atmospheric black/unblack metal, you NEED to check this out.