SANCTIFICATION

NOTE: Not to be confused with bands from Sweden or the USA!


 

BAND NAME: Sanctification
GENRE: Atmospheric Unblack Metal
STATUS: Unknown
LOCATION: Canada (Montreal, Québec)

2023: This artist currently does not identify as Christian.
 
Curiously, I know Michael, and he looks nothing like the picture above. I don't know if it's a picture of him from when he was younger, or?

Lineup:
Michael "Docile Servant" Mosher - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
Bandcamp
Blogspot

Discography:
Note: In addition to the discography below, a previously-unreleased track, "In the Multitude of Thy Mercies", appears on Docile Servant's album.


Psalm 93 (single, 7 February, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Raw/unmastered version. The mastered version was released on the demo below.

1) Psalm 93 3:33, see below for lyrics



The Peace of Knowing Jesus (demo)

9 February, 2021, Independent, Bandcamp
15 March, 2021, Annihilated Pentagram Productions, Bandcamp
15 March, 2021, Annihilated Pentagram, CD-R (PayPal), (Credit card)

1) Sanctificetur Nomen Tuum (Intro)
2:26, instrumental

2) Psalm 93
3:33, lyrics:
The Lord reigneth
He is clothed with majesty
The Lord is clothed with strength
Wherewith He hath girded Himself
The world also is stablished
That it cannot be moved...

Thy throne is established of old
Thou art from everlasting...

The floods have lifted up
O Lord, the floods have lifted up their voice
The floods lift up their waves

The Lord on high is mightier
Than the noise of many waters
Yea, the mighty waves of the sea

Thy testimonies are very sure
Holiness becometh thine house, O Lord


Forever...

3) The Power of God Unto Salvation (Rom. 1:16-20)
3:48, lyrics:
For I am not
Ashamed of the gospel
Of Christ
For it is the power of God
Unto salvation

To everyone that believeth
To the Jew first
And also to the Greek...

For therein is
The righteousness of God
Revealed from faith to faith

As it is written
The just shall live by faith

For the wrath of God
Is revealed from heaven
Against all ungodliness
And unrighteousness of men

Who hold the Truth
In unrighteousness...

Because that which may be known of God
Is manifest in them
For God hath shewed it unto them

For the invisible things of Him
From the creation of the world
Are clearly seen
Being understood by the things that are made
Even His eternal power and Godhead

So that they are
Without excuse...


4) Adveniat Regnum Tuum (Interlude)
1:40, instrumental

5) This Mortal, Clothed with Immortality (1Cor. 15:50-57)
3:57, lyrics:
Now this I say, brethren
That flesh and blood cannot
Inherit the Kingdom of God

Neither doth corruption
Inherit incorruption

Behold, I shew you a mystery
We shall not all sleep
In a moment
In the twinkling of an eye

At the last trump

For the trumpet shall sound
And the dead shall be raised
Incorruptible
And we shall all be changed

For this corruptible
Must put on incorruption
And this mortal must
Put on immortality

So when this corruptible
Shall have put on incorruption
And this mortal shall have
Put on immortality

Then shall be brought to pass
The saying that is written:
Death is swallowed up
In victory

O death, where is thy sting?
O grave where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin
And the strength of sin is the

law

But thanks be to God
Which giveth us the victory
Through our Lord Jesus Christ


6) This Mortal, Clothed with Immortality (original version)
3:56, same lyrics as above


Signal of the Cross (split, 25 February, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp

Split with Creosote.

6) Sanctification - O God, Our Loving Creator
2:17, lyrics:
Strike up the instruments
A song to my God with timbrels
Chant to the Lord with cymbals
Sing to Him a new song
Exalt and acclaim His Name

A new hymn I will sing to my God
O Lord, great are you and glorious
Wonderful in power and unsurpassable

Let your every creature serve you
For you spoke, and they were made
You sent forth your spirit, and they were created
No one can resist Your word...

The mountains to their bases, and the seas, are shaken
The rocks, like wax, melt before your glance

But to those who fear you
You are very merciful...


7) Sanctification - The Source of Unfailing Light
4:00, lyrics:
Thus says the Lord
The heavens are My throne
And the earth is my footstool...

What kind of house can you build for Me?

What is to be My resting place?

My hand made all these things
When all of them came to be, says the Lord

This is the one whom I approve:
The lowly and afflicted man, who trembles at My word.


8) Sanctification - The Malice of Sinners and God's Goodness
6:27, lyrics:
Sin speaks to the sinner
In the depths of his heart
There is no fear of God
Before his eyes

He so flatters himself in his mind
That he knows no guilt
In his mouth are mischief and deceit
All wisdom is gone

He plots the defeat of goodness
As he lies on his bed
He has set his foot on evil ways
He clings to what is evil

Your love, Lord, reaches to the heaven;
Your truth to the skies...

Your justice is like God's mountain
Your judgments like the deep

To both man and beast you give protection
O Lord, how precious is your love!

My God, the sons of men
Find refuge in the shelter of your wings...

They feast on the riches in your house
They drink from the stream of your delight
In you is the source of life
And in your light we see light

Keep on loving those who love you
Doing justice for upright hearts
Let the foot of the proud not crush me]Nor the hand of the wicked cast me out

See how evil-doers fall!
Flung down, they shall never arise


9) Sanctification - With Praise Let Us Awake the Dawn
5:30, lyrics:
Have mercy on me, God, have mercy
For in You my soul has taken refuge
In the shadow of your wings I take refuge

Till the storms of destruction pass by
I call to God the Most High
To God who has always been my help
May He send from heaven and save me

And shame those who assail me
May God send His truth and love...

My soul lies down among lions
Who would devour the sons of men
Their teeth are spears and arrows
Their tongue a sharpened sword

O God, arise above the heavens
May your glory shine on earth!

They laid a snare for my steps
My soul was bowed down
They dug a pit for my path
But fell in it themselves...

My heart is ready, O God
My heart is ready
I will sing, I will sing your praise
Awake, my soul
Awake, lyre and harp
I will awake the dawn

I will thank you, Lord, among the peoples
Among the nations I will praise you
For your love reaches to the heavens
And your truth to the skies

O God, arise above the heavens
May your glory shine on earth!

(Antiphons):

Come, let us worship the Lord, for He is our God

Awake, lyre and harp, with praise let us awake the dawn


10) Sanctification - Penance
3:33, instrumental

11) Sanctification - The Source of Unfailing Light (Alternate Version)
3:57, lyrics:
Thus says the Lord
The heavens are My throne
And the earth is my footstool...

What kind of house can you build for Me?

What is to be My resting place?

My hand made all these things
When all of them came to be, says the Lord

This is the one whom I approve:
The lowly and afflicted man, who trembles at My word.



___________________
SimilarTo

Similar to: [SECULAR] Ancient Morass, Unknown Artist (Unknown), Burning Apparition of the Master, Cosmic Forest, DCLXVI (Rus), Golden Light, Husk of Elohim, Labyrinthine, Nameless Mist, Pa Vesh En, The Troll (Spain), Astral Luminous, Leviathan (USA), Sunset (USA), Nightbringer, Muvitium, Schattenfang, Xasthur, Myrkvi​ð​r, Silent Shepherd's Horn, [CHRISTIAN] Bismoth, Arch of Thorns, Docile Servant, Preces Infandus, Sanctified Ethos, Witchery Suicide, Within Thy Wounds

No comments: