Updates 4 January 2018

If a band/project is found to be plagiarizing music, I won't add a page for them here. If they GENUINELY repent of their actions, of course I'll happily reconsider. That's what God does for us when we ask Him for forgiveness, and that's what He instructs us to do, too. But if you just... oh, for example... delete all of your pages immediately after being confronted, then I'm not going to add your band to a blog meant to promote a scene founded on Biblical principles.

I'm not going to name the projects that led me to make this decision.

Originally, I planned to allow such projects, and just add a note "this band has been known to plagiarize", but I see no reason to actively draw attention to things like that. I fear that all it would accomplish, would be encouraging people to attack the artists in question, and that's not what I want to do. So I think it's better to just exclude such bands altogether.

I'm probably not going to reconsider this decision.



Remember, we are more than "just" a music scene. We are among the people of God. Called for various reasons, to serve and to learn and to grow here, in the most underground of underground music. Not all of us are musicians - some simply enjoy the music. Some would rather write essays. Some are still new or weak, and need to receive more spiritual nourishment before they are ready to do anything themselves. We're all growing. ............... But at the end of the day, we are God's church / the body of Christ on earth. Let's not give ourselves low standards. Of course we can't live perfect lives. But let's continue to set the bar HIGHER. Let's always reach up higher, pray harder, try harder, and continue striving to achieve our mission here on Earth.

Nocturnal Iridescence

No comments: