GATEKEEPER'S SWORD

 

BAND NAME: Gatekeeper's Sword
GENRE: Symphonic/Melodic Unblack Metal
STATUS: Unknown
LOCATION: USA (New Jersey)

Active at the very least from 5 November 2012 (when he joined the CMR forum) to 4 April 2013 (his last post there).

Lineup:
GateKeeper - Everything

Links:
YouTube
Forum post @ Christian Metal Realm

Discography:

As the Sun Rises (demo/EP, 27 November, 2012, Independent)
Format: Digital / Dropbox
link expired

Also stream on YouTube (OFFICIAL)

Guest appearance:
Joel - Rhythm Guitars

Joel is GateKeeper's cousin.

On the CMR forum, GateKeeper says about the demo:
"This is my first release, so it's more of a demo. It contains three tracks- and intro, the main piece, and an outro. It's a bit atmospheric, putting the listener into a journey where he gets lost in the woods, night falls, and he must find his way through the night. Then of course the sun returns, and there's a spiritual aspect through all of this."

1) By the Light of the Moon
1:21, lyrics:
As the moon wakes from its slumber,
And night falls all around.
The wilderness comes alive,
And you will not be found.


2) Journey of the Night
3:11, lyrics:
I walk alone through these darkened woods,
Hope is gone, with the setting sun.
A mental ruse, of a sinful mind.
But the battle will be won.

Lord forgive me, I am the one you seek to destroy.
And I am weak, and tired, and restless
Please forgive me.

Over the hill, I see the sun rise.
Hope brought back, to my innocent eyes.
Why you've returned I can't understand.
You say "Here I've been waiting, come take my hand."
And take your hand I did, and praised be your name,
please don't let me stray, I'll never be the same.
And now as I walk through the valley of death,
I know I can trust him, I know I'll have rest.


3) As the Sun Rises
1:32, lyrics:
As the light returns to your weak and tired eyes,
The birds of the air fill the early morning skies.
A nightmare destroyed, and a hope returned.
For thy master's will, does my candle ever burn.



______________________
CouldUseBetterImages, NotOnMA
gatekeepers sword

No comments: