BLATANT/UNASHAMED


BAND NAME: Blatant/Unashamed
GENRE: Post-Black Metal, Ambient/Acoustic, Blackened Death
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: USA (Burlington, North Carolina)

Formed as two different projects. "Blatant" was supposed to be beatdown hardcore; "Unashamed" can be found [here]. As far as I can tell, "Blatant" never released anything. In 2021 they were merged into this one project. The artist pronounces the name as "blatant and unashamed".

Years active:
2019 - 2021, Unashamed
2021 - now, Blatant/Unashamed

Lineup:
Mike Stavanja - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
Bandcamp
Instagram
Interview @ Blacforje
Spotify
Apple Music
Deezer
Amazon
Boomplay
Pandora

Unofficial links:
Unblack Metal Wallpapers

Discography:

Beyond This Darkness (demo, 18 July, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Melancholic
7:05

2) Apathetic
3:18

3) There Is a Light
3:41, lyrics:
"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see"

The Liar, Thyself (single, 4 September, 2022, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) The Liar, Thyself 4:40, see below for lyrics


Grief (single, 18 November, 2022, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

"Dedicated to DBF".

1) Grief 5:16, see below for lyrics

Lamenta (album, 17 February, 2023, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

"“The Liar, Thyself” refers to the rampant self-righteousness found within the Church. [. . .]
“Slave” is a song about addiction to lust and the normalization of such a practice. [. . .]
“Despised” is somewhat of an exegesis of Matthew 10. [. . .]
While I did write the music for Grief in 2019 [. . .], I found the meaning for it in the loss of a loved one. [. . .]
Finally, Lamenta is a condensed musical exegesis of the book of Lamentation [. . .]"

Full details can be found in the interview link above.

1) Intro
1:03, instrumental

2) The Liar, Thyself
4:40, lyrics:
Empty
Conceit
The mother of every evil thing

The lovers
Of self
Boastful, revilers, unholy

Seeker of righteousness
Only for oneself
That none might be saved

"Praise be to God
That I am not like the others
I do as I should
In the sight of men"

Thyself
The liar

Your attention
On your walk alone

You walk away from your father

Into the snare of the liar
(Into the snare of the liar)


3) Slave
4:29, lyrics:
This cancer
Keeps taking

(The innocence from my hardened heart is fading)

A burden
I've carried
(From the days)
(Of my youth)

It wants to
Eat me alive

I fight but I can't stop it on my own

Lord help me

Carnal desire has left me numb to love and be loved

A generation ruined by distortion

Break my heart

Set me free


4) Despised
2:27, lyrics:
You will hate me

He has brought a sword

Your enemies will be your household

Sent like sheep to wolves

To a world that will never accept you

But do not fear the killer of the body
Fear the One who can kill the soul


5) Grief
5:14, lyrics:
The viewing was the longest memory I had of you

A life lost too soon

Oh how I would've loved to really know you

All I have is the tales of who you were from my infancy

The memory of our trivial conversations

When I ran away and you said "I'm not a monster"

Now all I have is your legacy through those we loved

The priceless and intangible lessons they should've learned

Oh the future that could've been

What a squandered youth and melancholy existence

We pray
We grieve
We believe

Life

Begins

A new world discovered too long before your kin

God only knows if you will ever see them again

We pray for your soul that this was not the end

We pray
We grieve
We believe

That this will not be the end


6) Multiplied Mourning
00:29, instrumental

7) Lamenta
6:55, lyrics:
Queen
Becomes slave

As she knew the righteous God
She turned to evil instead

Woe to Jerusalem
She lay naked in filth and shame
The right hand of God withdrawn

I am the man who has seen affliction
By the rod of the Lord’s wrath

He has driven me away and made me dwell in darkness
He has turned his hand against me again and again

He has made my skin and my flesh grow old
My bones, broken

He has made me dwell in darkness like those long dead

Let him bury his face in the dust

There may yet be hope

You, Lord, reign forever
Your throne endures from generation to generation

You, Lord, (reign forever)
Your throne (Endures forever)
Restore us (To yourself, Lord)
That we may return
(Renew our days of old)




______________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages, SimilarTo
INFO: Missing lyrics from the first demo
IMAGES: Better version of the logo used on "Lamenta".


Similar to: [SECULAR] Deafheaven, Panopticon, Crown of Asteria, Unreqvited, Evergreen Refuge, Stellar Descent, Autumn's Dawn, Сивый Яр, ██████, A Sombre Boreal / Boreal, Waldweg, [CHRISTIAN] Vials of Wrath, Longing, Ex Nihilo / Exnihilo, Batyushka ("Rus"), Dark Procession, Eunagelion, Vårgrike / Vargrike, Sabactâni / Sabackthanny, Starless, Bismoth, early Cryptic Rising, No Lower Place to Fall

No comments: