FATHOMAGE



^ Old logos
v New logo

 

BAND NAME: Fathomage
GENRE: Raw Atmospheric Unblack Metal, Experimental Drone / Ambient / Dungeon Synth
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: Australia (Adelaide)

Metal Archives says this project formed in 2016. I don't know if that's correct or not.

Contact:
lkevesevic [AT] hotmail [DOT] com

 Lineup:
Akul - Everything

Links:
Bandcamp
Facebook
Instagram
Spotify
SoundCloud
Tidal
Deezer
iHeartRadio
Amazon
Napster
Apple Music
Apple Music (2)
Official site

Unofficial links:
Unblack Metal Wallpapers

NOTE: Some bootleg merchandise has appeared on the sites "Metal T-Shirt" and "HobbyShop". Those pages are unofficial and [are not] endorsed by Fathomage.

Discography:

Portraits of an Illustrative Mania (album)

19 March, 2018, Independent, Bandcamp
17 November, 2022, Yevkharistiya, Bandcamp

Samples were adapted from "The Men's Choir Ion Rilski the Miracle Worker Sofia"....... I assume there are supposed to be commas separating some of these words?

1) Megaloschemos II 2:39
2) The Suffering 3:01
3) Despite: Misanthropia 5:43
4) The Book of Existence 3:05
5) Mount Horeb 5:12
6) Gethsemane 10:27


Yerushal​á​yim (EP/single)

30 August, 2018, Independent, Bandcamp
4 November, 2022, Yevkharistiya, Bandcamp

1) Yerushaláyim 26:04



Symphonies of True Misanthropy (album)

Left: 18 November, 2018, Independent, Bandcamp
Right: 18 November, 2018, Independent, Spotify / Apple / etc

Guest appearance:
Philip Joshua Murillo - Guitar solo (track 5)

1) The Heads of Triglav
2:36

2) Utter Finality of Everlasting Nothingness
4:37, lyrics unknown
"Interpret as you wish. The lyrics are buried and forgotten."

3) Thorns of the Black Rose
4:39, lyrics:
Silently I mourn,
In the depths of the forest,
Tired, lonely and wretched
I find the thorns of the black rose,

Now arrives autumns eye,
As I receive the forests calling,
I witness the winter raven soaring,
It carries the thorn of the black rose...


4) The Hermit
9:25, lyrics:
Leave me be,
Leave me to decay,
Silent torment,
The sound of death...

Mother, can you hear my cries?
Mother, leave me be...

Mother, can you hear my cries?
Mother, leave me be...

O' mother! Hear my cries...
Mother!

The only evident sensation is pain and sorrow,
The emotions of eternal... sorrowful beauty
Know my suffering,
For it will be eternal,

I am free...

The total finality, brings tranquility,
Unto the darkness, I witness my void.


5) Deathlike Catharsis
4:43, lyrics:
I drink the wine of melancholy,
To feel the wretched misanthropy,
The desire...
As my day is dead... oh why?

You beauty,
My darling,
They come from your torment
of ignorance...

In this cold, frostbitten snow
I see my fate
I feel...
I see...

And this cold,
Is reminiscent of love...


6) Mrtva Šuma (Dead Forest)
5:50

7) Withering of Dying Flowers
2:42

8) Zaboravljene Tuge (Forgotten Sorrows)
8:40, lyrics:
Wretched and mortal,
My feeble haggardness,
The sensation of pure emptiness,
Buried deep within,

The sensation of sadness...

I am dying
The time has come to fade away,
Come my child...
It is time to sail the winds...

Sink into your forgotten sorrows,
And touch the hand of death,
I am dying... I am fading into monochromatic immortality,
Into the despair plains of magla
I am... trembling

May it all stay as forgotten sorrows...


Necrohermitage of the Emotionally Starved (album)

17 December, 2019, Independent, Bandcamp
1 April, 2020, Narcoleptica Productions, Bandcamp + CD (??? copies)

Fathomage's Bandcamp says this is limited to 95 copies, while Metal Archives says 150 copies. Any help on this?

About this album, Akul writes:
"Set in a folkloric mythical world, Necrohermitage of the Emotionally Starved tells the tale of Necrohermits, Moloch, Veliki Rod (The Great Birth) and other various inhabitants, stories and kingdoms of this forsaken land."

1) Dwellers of the High Mountains
4:20

2) Shrine of the Dark Moloch
7:28, lyrics:
Deep within the dark cursed forests
The dreadful Shrine of Madness lies
Depleting its aura of maddening demise
Summoning all that is evil and grotesque

Hideous and an abomination in its nature
Cascaded in the black lit lanterns
The evil ones bid thee welcome
On behalf of the true Dark Lord

The Shrine of the Dark Moloch howls
Forever his dread feeds the foul
The yell tormenting the innocent
No shining star or hope in darkness

His repulsive nature spread across the land
Corrupting the living flesh and blood
Bound only to the macabre arts
His ceaseless conjuring


3) Necrohermits
7:49, lyrics:
Crossing the fire
From the temple of my mind
Blinding and alluring
The maddening starts to rise
The maddening prophecy of Necromancy

The Necrohermit rises
In the dark and maddening forest
Here the Necrohermits
Lay, deprived

Casting the forbidden magick
They hail to the Mad Prophet
The sun turns black
The smell of corruption
The smell of the dead

The methodical madness
Uncovered by the vanguard of the dead
The protruding abortion
Are the remnants of her departed light


4) Among the Enchanted Pines
2:15

5) Tales of Creation and Death
7:10, lyrics:
Before the conception of creation
The Gods dwelt and were content
And soon...
The Dark Moloch was slain
And the remnants created our world
Slain by righteous Veliki Rod (The Great Birth)

Moloch banished, he dwells in his own filth
Yet, did he later flourish
And created such disturbing majesty
And so began the first Kronom

Now He created His Evil
And Veliki Rod created His Good
Such was the balance of the mortal life
Such is the tale of the immortal life


6) Valley of the Rogovi
6:59, lyrics:
Behold this monstrosity
Reeking in mortal flesh
Seeking its coldness in the dark
It sighs and wails in the winter forst

It was sworn to an oath of darkness
It buries itself in tired empty leaves
To meet the True Dark Moloch
The wretchedness seeking its dark mystical brotherhood

Dulled and pained by ancient evil lullabies
Only groaning for darkness
In his vision, through the eyes of stone
Separated from the dark clouds

It see's The Valley of the Rogovi
Behold its disturbed glory and immortal evil
Upon the shadow ablazed throne
The monstrosity mutilates its flesh in reverence
To its ever disturbed emptiness
He bows to the True Dark Lord.


7) Vampyric Crypts of the Blackened Diadem
6:53, lyrics:
Unto the vampyric crypts of perpetual doom
Is found the dozens of empty miseries
Mourning to praise their Thrall
They bow unto the Blackened Diadem

The Thrall screeches their ancient stories
Of how they were banished into their ground
Archaic bodies crushed by the ages
They are bound to wither in silence

Their timeless bows before the aeons
Will become tales on carved stone
They will soon descend with the Dark Moloch
And praise his ethereal shadows

Behold, their rotting tombs are open
With their groaning and distaste of Veliki Rod
They gather for their folkmoot
To release their inner demonic spirits

Ever dying and ever-glooming
They mourn to their Thrall of pain and plague
Soon crawling into their tombs
They light the Black Lantern in honour of the evil one
They are buried to wither and die


8) The Ancients Halls of a Frostbitten Cosmos
3:04

Minas Morgul - The Nazgûl Awaken (album, 1 March, 2020, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Some info about this album, and about the project in general, can be found [on this page] (Portuguese).

1) The Grey Nomad - Mithrandir 5:45
2) Into the Mines of Khazad-Dûm
3:43
3) The Fangorn Forest Speaks
4:14
4) March of the Uruk-Hai
4:05
5) Minas Morgul - The Nazgûl Awaken
6:58
6) The Old Forest (The Forest Observes)
5:25
7) Spellbound Mysteries of Nargothrond
7:19
8) Melancholic Huorn Mourning in the Forest
9:16
9) The Cursed Hidden Dungeons of Cirith Ungol
8:54
10) Old Toby on a Rainy Day in Bag End
6:57

Dungeons & Catacombs XI (compilation, 5 December, 2020, Dungeons & Catacombs)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

10) Fathomage - The Fangorn Forest Speaks 4:14, instrumental

Psalms of Reverence and Lamentations (album, 21 January, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

The track "Martyrdom" is free / payment-optional download:
"Introductory sample in "Martyrdom" is from the Pskov-Caves Monastery Documentary. The hymn glorifies St. Korniliy the Martyr of Pskovo-Pechersky monastery. Because of this, I have made the song free of charge. Any paid individual downloads for this track will be donated to my local Church or monastery."

1) Before Thy Holy Chalice
9:23, lyrics:
Excerpts from PSALM 50 (Septuagint)
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your great mercy;
and according to the abundance of Your compassion, blot out my transgression.
Wash me thoroughly from my lawlessness and cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my lawlessness, and my sin is ever before me.
Against You only have I sinned and done evil in Your sight;
that You may be justified in Your words, and overcome when You are judged.
For behold, I was conceived in transgressions, and in sin my mother bore me.
Behold, You love truth;
You showed me the unknown and secret things of Your wisdom.
You shall sprinkle me with hyssop, and I will be cleansed;
You shall wash me, and I will be made whiter than snow.
You shall make me hear joy and gladness;
my bones that were humbled shall greatly rejoice.
Turn Your face from my sins, and blot out all my transgressions.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with Your guiding Spirit.


Along with various refrains of: Glory to thee, O' Lord, Glory to thee in Church Slavonic

Lord have mercies in Church Slavonic

As well as: Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages, Amen. - also in Church Slavonic


2) Wooden Chapel Among the Evergreens
7:51, lyrics:
Excerpts from PSALM 135 (Septuagint)
Praise the Lord.

Praise the name of the Lord;
praise him, you servants of the Lord,
you who minister in the house of the Lord,
in the courts of the house of our God.

Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good;
sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.
For the Lord has chosen Jacob to be his own,
Israel to be his treasured possession.

I know that the Lord is great,
that our Lord is greater than all gods.
The Lord does whatever pleases him,
in the heavens and on the earth,
in the seas and all their depths.
He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth;
he sends lightning with the rain
and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

He struck down the firstborn of Egypt,
the firstborn of people and animals.
He sent his signs and wonders into your midst, Egypt,
against Pharaoh and all his servants.
He struck down many nations
and killed mighty kings—
Sihon king of the Amorites,
Og king of Bashan,
and all the kings of Canaan—
and he gave their land as an inheritance,
an inheritance to his people Israel.

Your name, Lord, endures forever,
your renown, Lord, through all generations.
For the Lord will vindicate his people
and have compassion on his servants.

He struck down the firstborn of Egypt,
the firstborn of people and animals.
He sent his signs and wonders into your midst, Egypt,
against Pharaoh and all his servants.
He struck down many nations
and killed mighty kings—
Sihon king of the Amorites,
Og king of Bashan,
and all the kings of Canaan—
and he gave their land as an inheritance,
an inheritance to his people Israel.


3) Metanoia
7:04, lyrics:
The calls of the nightingale encompasses the emerald forest,
Billowing gentle sways of the thickets,
Howling roars of the great pines,
Hearken now to my secondary abode,

May the forest of my eternal desires free flow among the majesty of the mighty evergreens,
Fulfilling all the individual's desires to God,
O’ how I long for you my precious flora and fauna of the wood,
Of the green kingdom under Christ,

Place me under Your bulwark,
Fortify me under Your gentle breeze,
Never cease to cast me under Your spell of prayer,


4) Autumn's Eve in Valaam
5:04, instrumental

5) Enslavement unto the Passions
9:33, lyrics:
Enslaved to the passions,
With feeble hope to Thee,
In everlasting prayer, I pray to Thee,
That I mightest be justified in Thy words,
To be free’d from the pit of devilish slavery,
And the frostbite of sin and its separation from Thee,

I fall down in weakness to Thine comforting abode,
Knowing, that the world hated Thee before it hated me,
Thy mercy has planted the true seed of wisdom,
The true vine of wisdom hast Thou showed me in thine everlasting mercy,

Vanquishing and trampling over the evil one,
Just as Thou hast done after Thy resurrection,
Inscribe my name in the Book of Life,
That I may join and bask in Thy glory and wisdom,
And disdain me from the everlasting and infernal evil dominion,
All knees shall bend to Thee,

Come and abide in me and take not Thy Spirit from me,
In this distant and forsaken land Thou will guide me,
Through all the pits of Hades,
Thou will vanquish and free me from the force of corruption
Send Thine heavenly army in order that I may behold the bosom of Abraham in mine unworthy eyes,


6) Martyrdom
4:53, lyrics:
O Lord, have mercy on us, for in Thee have we put our trust. Do not be angry with us, nor remember our iniquities, but look down on us even now, since Thou art compassionate, and deliver us from our enemies. For Thou art our God, and we are Thy people; we are all the work of Thy hands, and we call on Thy name.

Now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

O Eternal Word of the Father, Jesus Christ, Who art Thyself perfect: Because of Thy great mercy, do not ever depart from me, Thy servant, but always abide in me. O Jesus, Good Shepherd of Thy sheep, let me not fall into the disobedience of the serpent.

The Doxologian Codex (album, 19 July, 2022, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Concept album dealing with Orthodox Christianity in the British Isles.

1) The Raiders Arrive 1:14
2) The Voyage of St. Patrick
3:31
3) Great Serpent Exile
3:49
4) St. Augustine's Journey Through England
4:00
5) Baptism of the Saxons
3:20
6) Lindisfarne Gospels
3:38
7) Pilgrimage to St. Cuthbert's
2:36
8) Courtyard of Lindisfarne
4:45
9) The Ascetism of St. Patrick
6:51
10) King Alfred the Great is Crowned
3:40
11) Rule of St. Benedict
6:15
12) Silent Prayers to the Spirit
5:36
13) The Death and Glorification of St. Patrick
7:49
14) Agni Parthene (O Virgin Pure)
3:01
15) A Quest Through the Moors
2:10
16) Warmth
5:36
17) Church of the Oak
6:05


Autumn's Dawn, Winter's Darkness (album, 10 March, 2023, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Autumn's Dawn, Winter's Darkness
11:57, lyrics:
The darkness, the malice - winter's silence,
The cold embrace of winter's shade,
A darkness that brings the eternal night skies,
A fitting cold rot, mankind cries,

Autumns dawn and its reigning light,
Is cast out by winter's eternal blight
Our nature is dying in perversion,
The flame we held, is spat in desertion,

There is great majesty in travesty,
Where one deludes in sick blasphemy,
Away from our natural glory,
Forever wasting in a desolate purgatory,

There stand no leaves on the trees,
Only the bite of a frostbitten freeze,
Everything is laid waste in death,
I cannot feel life and its breath,

There is no warmth to embrace,
Done out of our disgrace,
I haste into the forest of light.
Away from the torture of winter's night.


2) A Dawnfire of Old
9:15, lyrics:
Silent memories,
Of an old wood dawn,
Haunting, lurking - festering
A consuming death, grasping

Forlorn souls, wandering, murmuring,
Waiting in the night and crying
Release me! Free me!
Oh, the voices! The pain of eternal torture.
This life has no meaning.

It is cold, utterly cold.
The new dawn rises and the cold falters,
A warmth has bid its salutations,
The warmth that grants new purpose,
A warmth unkindled, a flame of old has embraced me,
The death, the cold - no more.


3) The Majesty and Beauty of a Fallen World
10:24, lyrics:
A foreboding silence,
A stream of tears,
Is it madness or will?
Exiled to suffering and despair?

The torments of the age,
Cloaks me in a shadow,
The world you know is lost,
Life has new meaning.

What story is to be told?
Of Life? or Death?
The paper is withered,
And inked with blood.

Observe, and you will see a fool,
Grasping for death.
Lying in agony, in madness,
Reaching for wisdom, only to fall.
Weeping, pleading for the end.

Silence, the tempest, seclusion, revulsion!
Silence, the tempest, madness, delusion!
Silence, rage, agony, detestation!

In a world of lost hope,
And a reverence for perversion,
I submit myself far away,
To a place of silence and darkness.

There is a place where one suffers in darkness,
And breeds a hate for all.
There is a place where one collapses at their own torture.

Why must we live among such decay?
Of utter futility and rot?
We are a lost cause, a curse.
In a state of conditional love and malice.


4) In the Twilight of the Night
4:23, instrumental

5) Vales of Darkness
10:02, lyrics:
In light of the past, and darkness of the age,
They lay in the memories of old,
Entombed spirits, inked to assuage,
Dormant, lifeless and striving in the cold.

A phantasm, an eidolon past,
Where they seethe, and feast on will,
A black horde, a multitude vast,
The looming deathwatch peering in dreadful silence,
Waiting for their fill.

In the foulest pits, in the darkest coves,
They are rooted as oaks, and nimble as hares.
Bound in the vale of darkness in vast droves.
Where it seldom hears, the voice of prayers.

Amidst the veil of moonlight shadow and starlight
In the shadow of the oldest aspens, I wept.
I witnessed a vision of the coming blight,
And the elixir, shrined, where it was kept.

It was in the old songs of the Smith,
The Ancient One's great hammer sang its song,
A key to the elixir, where they had thought it a myth
And a cosmic hammer, belting well, and powerful.

The hammer song was a sacred voice, a diadem of light,
Fleeing the hordes of fleshless evil,
Exiling this the blackened dread with its great Light,
With this ancient song, I felt the key and saw the elixir,
Where I pursued this with all my might.

Hear the cold wind cries,
its deeds and demise.
See the vale of night,
The leaves have all but died, x7


6) Light of the Eternal Dawn
8:35, lyrics:
Under the moonlight shadow,
In the twilight of dusk,
Amidst the wood of the green cathedral,
And the firebugs of the moon night,

Here in the vast solitude,
In the silence of the forest,
I was graced with holy contempt,
In the shadow of my heart,

Where memories of the old wood dawn,
Weaves the leaves of eternal spring,
And the Light of the everlasting twilight gleams,
Over the glade of the nightside forest,
Its Light is the eternal dawn.

A consuming incandescence
A shimmering light of hope
The cloak of darkness is wrent
And the tree of life is glorified.


7) Woodland Songs of the Aspen Forest
5:29 (birds chirping)

8) We Wept Under the Moonlight Shadow
14:49, lyrics:
From darkness, and unto light
We witnessed the river and its gleam,
We came and we wept
Besides this river of sorrow

We wept dry our souls,
And found a moment of stillness,
From darkness, and to light
We cried for One to hear,

We searched and we longed,
For this eternal rest and joy,
Where are we to behold it?
Through the tempest of flowing sorrow,
And under the moonlight shadow.

We climb, we gleam, we weep.

A lonely wretch at a loss,
No starts of the firmament to guide,
A search through futility, no voice,
But a great Spirit to guide.

A hermit, who forsook the world,
And all its vanity,
He fled and wept by the river,
Yet his feeble cries were heard,
By a Voice crying out in the forest,
Remarked: "Fear not, your cries are heard."

 






 


Miscellaneous discography:
- Back to the Shadows (Burzum mini cover), 26 June, 2017, 1:08

________________________________________
IncompletePage, UncertainInfo, SimilarTo
1) There are some songs with lyrics that don't have them listed. Any help? 2) Lyrics for the sample in "Martyrdom"? 3) How many copies are there of the CD version of "Necrohermitage"? 4) When did the project start? 5) Clarification on the notes for "Portraits"?

Miscellaneous stuff:
Left: Old profile picture from Facebook. "Prayer is the practice of death"
Middle: Artwork for the song "Utter Finality ..." on SoundCloud
Right: Alternate artist photo
 
Old logo graphic. Incidentally if anyone has this in higher res/quality, let me know!
Note to self: Proofread lyrics. (There are sections where lyrics are noted rather than written out.)
 
 
Similar to: [SECULAR] A Binding Spirit, Boreal / A Sombre Boreal, Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, Elffor, Mourning Souls, Twilight Falls, Procer Veneficus, Vampirblut, Сивый Яр, Draumar, Vermilia, Feminazgul, [CHRISTIAN] Epta Astera, Thaddaios, Maranatha (pre-Divine Mantra), Hesychast, Betheos Abshalom, Old Path, Seven7VII, Coldrealm,

No comments: