ASCETIC DESPAIR

BAND NAME: Ascetic Despair
GENRE: DSBM / Depressive Black Metal
STATUS: On hold
LOCATION: Canada

2023: This artist currently does not identify as Christian.

Lineup:
Michael Mosher - Everything

Discography:


Raw Unblack and Harsh Noise for the Triune Lord (compilation, 20 June, 2022, Annihilated Pentagram Productions)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

8) Ascetic Despair - Apophasis
9:58, instrumental

10) Ascetic Despair - Unending Pain
4:19
Turn to me and help me
I am lonely and hurting
Take away the troubles of my heart
Set me free from my great pain

Look at how I'm hurting!
See how much I suffer!
Take away all my sins

Look at how many enemies I have!
See how terrible their hatred is for me!

Guard my life
Save me

Don't let me be put to shame
I go to you for safety

May my honest and good life keep me safe
Lord, I have put my hope in you

(Psalm 25:16-21, NIRV)

Unending Pain (single, 16 December, 2023, Catholic Metal)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp

Same song as on the compilation above.

1) Unending Pain
4:19, see above for lyrics




________________________
NotOnMA
Miscellaneous stuff:
At the time the compilation was being finalized, neither Michael nor myself had the logo for Ascetic Despair on hand (that was my fault), so I threw together a placeholder using a generic medieval font (Cloister Black). It was never an "official logo" obviously, but here it is for reference anyway.

No comments: