O, MAJESTIC WINTER


^ Old logo ............ v New logo



BAND NAME: O, Majestic Winter
GENRE: Raw / Experimental / Ambient Unblack Metal (most releases), Black Ambient / Folk ("Gloaming")
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: USA (Lewisburg, Tennessee)

Formed in October, 2008.
The band name is often written online with an apostrophe instead of a comma, or no punctuation at all, but officially, it is written with a comma.

The band members previously used the names "Gorlim the Dead" and "Mormegil the Dark Slayer".

Lineup:
Corey "Gorlim" Leverette - Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards, Drums
Max "Mormegil" Tubville - Vocals, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards

Links:

Discography:



Defiling the Serpent's Temple (album)

12 March, 2009, Sullen Records (RIP-OFF LABEL), CD-R, limited 250 copies
19 July, 2013, Independent, Bandcamp

1) Like an Owl Among the Ruins
3:28, lyrics:
(Psalm 102:6, 8, 11-14)

I am like a desert owl,
Like an owl among the ruins...
All day long my enemies taunt me.
Those who rail against me use my name as a curse.
My days are like the evening shadow...
I wither away like grass...

But You, O Lord, sit enthroned forever...
Your renown endures through all generations...
You will arise and have compassion on Zion,
For it is time to show favor to her...
The appointed time has come...


2) The Battle of Frostvale
2:53, lyrics:
Prepare for the battle!
The enemy approaches!
In this perilous journey, shields shatter; minds shatter...

The battle has been won...
There are none who can stand against us...
We come with fire and metal...
We come for thee..
The battle is at your doorstep...
We come for thee...

Hey!

We come with fire and metal...
We come for thee...

Unsheathe my sword!
Unsheathe my sword upon you this day!
Unsheathe my sword upon you!
Pierce your flesh!
With fire and thunderstorms!
With fire and thunder!


3) Christ Is Lord, There Is No Other
5:23, lyrics:
Woe to the city of blood, full of lies,
full of plunder, never without victims!
The crack of whips, the clatter of wheels,
galloping horses and jolting chariots!
Charging cavalry, flashing swords and glittering spears!
Many casualties, piles of dead, bodies without number,
people stumbling over the corpses--
all because of the wanton lust of a harlot,
alluring, the mistress of sorceries, who enslaved nations by her prostitution
and peoples by her witchcraft.

Sun and moon stood still in the heavens
at the glint of your flying arrows, at the lightning of you flashing spear.
In wrath you strode through the earth and in your anger you threshed the nations.
You came out to deliver your people, to save your anointed one.
You crushed the leader of the land of wickedness,
you stripped him from head to foot.
With his own spear you pierced his head
when his warriors stormed out to scatter us,
gloating as though about to devour the wretched who were in hiding.

You trampled the sea with your horses, churning the great waters.
I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound;
decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled.
Yet I wait patiently for the day of calamity
to come on the nation invading us.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength...

You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up,
let righteousness grow with it; I, the LORD, have created it.

Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker,
to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?'
Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?

"I am the LORD, and there is no other."

Nahum 3:1-4
Habakkuk 3:11-16
Habakkuk 3:19
Isaiah 45:8-9
Isaiah 45:18


4) The Dead in Christ Shall Arise First
1:51, lyrics:
The dead in Christ shall arise first...
For the Lord keeps his word and faithful promises!
No more shall the enemy torture our brothers..
Sin will pass away!
And every knee will bow to him!

The dead in Christ shall arise first,
for He is worthy and victory is ours!


5) Watchtowers of the Holy Kingdom
5:15, lyrics:
Gather your men!
We ride to war!

The time has come!
Our blades of holy wrath fall swiftly!
Your end is near!
Trampled grass be thy tomb...

Your death is betrayed by the fall of my sword!
Your grave is opened!

Wrath of God come!
Sleep deeply in death...

Your corpse has risen into the sky...
Bleeding down upon the stars...
You have forgotten deep within the history's tomes...

In the far hills, the Word stands alone...
Christ has come!


6) Death's Frozen Grip
3:41, lyrics:
Death lurks ahead...
Its icy grip is upon my throat...
I feel the chill of its touch...
My mouth is frozen shut...

My spirit is covered in frost
And I have lost all sense of knowing...
A Savior's light... A Savior's might...
Give me strength through the endless night...

I shake the cold of death from my limbs...
Color returns to my flesh...
The enemy will pay for his deceit...
I grasp the hilt of my sword
And step from my tomb...

And with this blade of Light
I will now show you the true meaning of death...


7) To Praise the Eternal
3:29, lyrics:
(Psalm 91)

Oh Eternal One, I bring my heart to you!
For You are worthy and holy!
Your hand shatters mountains and boils the sea...
By Your breath do the winds move...
And I bring my praise to You!

Your wrath lay secret above the universe...
Bring Your sword upon the sin that dwells within us...
For Your might is a blazing sun of strength...

You have restored this shattered soul...
But for Your grace I would be a corpse,
Rotting with the passing world...
You give life, O Sovereign One!
You give life!

O Father of Life, my heart beats for Your glory!
Death shall relinquish my body
But You, Lord, will gather up my spirit!

Let Your spirit fill my heart!
Your wonders abound in me...
I am nothing outside of You...
Eternal One, Almighty God, take this offering!

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will rest in the shadow of the Almighty...
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress,
My God in whom I trust."
You will only observe with your eyes
And see the punishment of the wicked...


8) Calm of Winter
1:37, instrumental

9) Destroying the Demonic Altar
00:35, lyrics:
I am across the ocean,
Under the mountains,
Among the trees,
And above the sky...


10) Caverns of Unspeakable Darkness
5:05, lyrics:
Even in the darkness of the grave, the light of Christ breaks through...

In the end your soul will rise up from underneath the caverns of death...
This is true... For my savior said that by His life, we are given a choice...
Come...

Your soul will rise up from underneath the cavern of death!

You think you know what's coming?!
Well take that to your grave!
You think you know what's coming?!
Well take that to your grave!!

We are Yours, God!

My Shield...
Your Shield...
My Shield...
Your Shield...
Your blood covers me...
My Shield...



An Autumn Moon (album)

17 September, 2009, Sullen Records (RIP-OFF LABEL), CD-R, limited 250 copies
16 April, 2020, Independent, Bandcamp

Guest appearances:
Constantine Gross - Everything (track 11)

Originally planned to be an EP called "Edward's Moon", but later became a full album.

1) Rainfall in the Grey Fields
2:22, instrumental

2) Shadows of Hell
5:04, lyrics:
Shadows are upon me, countless spirits...
Legion, they call themselves.
The fell ones follow my footsteps through time...
Grasping for my heart...
They have taken my vision from me.
I have nothing left...
But my enemies have overlooked my faith in the One above.
Fruitless are their attempts to prosper against me, for the flame of the living Christ dwells within me.
My Father, whom I served, died for me.
Eternal protection I have been given against you.
Through His sacrifice, you have been defeated.
Forever the flames will devour you, o angel of music.
To the depths with you and your followers!
Satan, you are damned
You are dead...
And I am dead to this world.
O, Lord Jesus, receive us into your kingdom.
May Your glory shatter the universe...


3) Suspended Above... I Weep Below
4:51, lyrics:
Suspended above, I weep below
Father... Father... I'm so sorry
Your blood is on my hands
I'm so sorry...
I scream to my God... He has done nothing!
He does not deserve this!
It should have been me...
Fear not beloved, He died for you..


4) Deep in Darkness
1:43, lyrics:
Jesus...
Great savior...
I am unworthy of Your grace!
What have I done but spit in Your face?
What have I done but dwell in disgrace?
Your hand is mighty, my heart is weak
Deep in darkness I sit, covered in despair
I am far from You, yet Your hand...
Your hand sustains me...
Your light dispels the night in my soul!
Father! Father! Your kingdom is forever!


5) An Autumn Moon
5:03, lyrics:
With her last breath, her body became faint and dissolved into mist. Edward, who had had hardly enough time to comprehend all that was said, fell to his knees. He wept softly. Edward stood alone, as the fog curled back in. Though he felt that a hole had been opened within him because of his loss, he also felt fulfilled because he had helped her. He knew his love would live on forever...

In the mist, she faded the same
The forest, empty like his heart
Empty...
A meeting of silver starlight and fading beauty
A blessing in the dissolving ether
Lady moon, my dear... my dear...
Don't leave me here


6) Tears in the Forest
3:14, lyrics:
Lady moon...
Fairest of all...
Come back to me...


7) Despairium
6:16, lyrics:
A twilight sky hovers above
A fell veil of despair
rain falls upon the spirits that dwell there
They crawl and drag their fingers across the ground
Hopeless and blind, they search for a love that can save the hearts within.
The trees twist and groan
They mourn and drip tears, for this land is a breathing tomb...
Torturous and unrelenting
Such sorrow exists in the absence of light
My body was born in this grave and I shall return there one day
Alive and triumphant in death
For there is no other name under the heavens by which we can be saved
Jesus Christ, the keeper of men's souls...
Father, we seek your hand...


8) Kingdom Under the World
4:23, lyrics:
With eyes to the sky, I walk into the ocean
The calm surrounds me...
My spirit bends to the pattern of gravitone winds
My heart plunges forth into the silver waters
The creatures are closing in
I am foreign
I do not know this place
This is folly
The coral hands place a liquid crown upon my head
The stillness has found me
My passing has come
I stare into the eyes of the deep
nothing stirs
A thought burdens my mind...
Can I exist here?
"Can I exist here?"
My words echo from a voice that sways above
It speaks an ancient tongue of the deep...
I in hale
Air fills my lungs
"Welcome," says the voice. "You are home."
My mind spirals out of thought
Am I home now?
The voice is silent.
The creatures circle around me
My feet touch the ocean floor
The kingdom under the world


9) Tears in the Forest: Part Two
5:42, lyrics:
Yet
Redemption through another
Foreign yet familiar
And end to inner turmoil
An end to the silent solitude
Here amidst the chaos of our land, I must loosen the grip I have upon your hand...


10) Keeper of Men's Souls
3:10, lyrics:
I sought Your hand through the shadow
I reached for You through the storm
I screamed Your name through the wind
I call to You... Lord, Lord...
I have been laid beneath the ground
I cannot hear the faintest sound
I sought Your hand once again
I call to You... Lord, Lord...
I sought Your hand
I reached for You
I screamed Your name
I call to You


11) Sunrise Across the Grey Fields
2:13, lyrics:
We walked, hand in hand
Through the land of our hopes and fears
We did not stray
We never looked back
Forward was our only cause
Ahead was our destination
For the love contained within you, I would walk forever
Through paths unnumbered and days uncounted, I will follow you
My love, my love... Forever...


Eternal Shores: A Spiritual Odyssey (album)

9 April, 2015, Sanctus Gladius Records, CD
15 April, 2020, Independent, Bandcamp

1) Behind the Breathing Sea
3:48, lyrics:
We stand frozen, our faces toward the dark breathing sea.
Behind us lies a shore that our arms once reached for.
A place now desolate.
And only filled with groans of agony.

Through the fog of night,
beyond the broken shore,
we see a glimpse...
A horizon burning with majesty,
glowing with holiness.
Our wearied hands grasp rigid rope as we depart.
To journey despite our wary hearts.

So be it.


2) To Journey with Hope in One's Heart
4:11, lyrics:
Gazing out at the open sea,
what awaits us?
We sail for our Maker's land!
His hope within us!

With faith in our sails,
we soar atop the depths of blue and green.
No ear has heard, no eye has seen
the majesty and strength the Lord can bring!

Hands raised, we praise the Lord above!
His hand sustains!
With hearts pure...
The crystal sea pulses underneath.

A dark passage set before us,
we journey forth with joy
into a solemn setting sun.

As twilight closes in,
our souls need rest within...

The moon drips soft light through the clouds...
A gentle breeze brings a wary sleep...


3) The Unrest of Peaceful Waters
3:38, instrumental

4) Tempest of the Great Owl
7:26, lyrics:
Cold eyes creak open.
A world awash in white.
A cloak of falling frost.
Our minds cannot comprehend.

Blinded by furious touch of the ocean's crush,
a frozen weight presses down.
A chaotic gale of ice and terror...

"Do not be dismayed.
Keep your eyes lifted,
and I will show you a safer path.
For not all that is before you is unseen..."

Behold! A great white owl guides us through the storm!
Focus, brother! That we may not lose sight!
Within us a greater faith prevails.
We have been sent a blessed messenger.
A friend...

"Here! Look! This way!
I will carry you on my wings!
Trust the faith in your hearts, my friends.
Death will not keep you this night!"


5) Halcyon: A Gale's Passing
5:18, lyrics:
The grey clouds give way.
The sun pierces through.
A pale cold sky shimmers blue.

Our thawing eyes see only You...

Only You, Lord...


6) Engora: The Forest in the Sea
5:06, lyrics:
And now before us lies a shroud of
deep, reaching darkness.
Towering oaks with flesh dripping moss...
A small sailing light enters a void of dread.

Cloaked in inky black, the trees rise from the sea.
Sailing in twilight, our way we cannot see.
Ghostly movement now, beyond our field of sight.
Our hearts burn within, our souls subdued by fright.

Terror sets in as long translucent limbs
seep from the shadows toward us...
Death grips the ship and begins to lift us.
Fear turns to confusion...

Through the trees, passed along by vine-made hands.
Up and along, leaving the water behind.

Salvation!
They carry the weight of the world!
Salvation!
He carries the weight of the world!
Salvation!
From the Devouring Mouth!


7) To Journey with Focus in One's Gaze
4:14, instrumental

8) Valdonia: The Vulturous
5:01, lyrics:
What end might this be?
A demise of devilry we know all too well...

Out of the depths rises a beautiful abomination...
Entrancing and deadly...
Venom drips from her mouth.
Blasphemy is in her heart.

Why can't I look away?
Her eyes ensnare me!
The blackness of her soul wraps its claws around me...
This feral passion will be the end of us all!
Dear God, lend us Your hand, lest we fall.

And now...
By the blood of Jesus we shall soon overcome this
harlot of shadow and death.
The grave will be swallowed up in the lake of fire...
Immorality will be banished by the breath of the Lord.

And by the incense of your burning corpse,
we will rejoice!
Forever in victory with the Father...


9) To Journey with Faith in One's Spirit
4:37, instrumental

10) Psalm of the Oceanborn
4:52, instrumental

11) Terminus: The Final Deluge
5:09, lyrics:
And now, a storm engulfs the ship.
We cannot hide, we cannot hide.
The splintered shards of our hope will
grace the ocean floor.
How can we escape the kingdom under the world?

Torn asunder...
Reborn from underneath as our lungs reach...
For the surface of life or for death's keep...
Hands... Hands in the deep...

Darkness and chaos spiral around us.
Is this our end?
Sifting through shards of what once was.
Gasping, grasping, death will not take us!
Clawing forward, scraping forward...

Death's hand grasps our throats.
The Lying One stands and gloats...
Almighty God, where are You now?
Can You save us somehow?

Your mighty hand now holds our hearts in place.
Preparing us for victory, keeping us safe
from faithlessness and death...
The time is now!

Eyes open on the Golden Shores!
Sun shines down on our faces!
Have we truly arrived here in the
Land of our Father?


12) Eternal Shores
5:14, lyrics:
The sun shines down on where we lay.
We open our eyes to a brand new kind of Day.
Can this be the end of our journey?
Oh God, oh God!
Have we come home?

Our of darkness my flesh fades
from pale to a warm red...
Golden clouds... A new birth...
Indeed we are home!
Behold our Eternal King!

We fall to our knees!

And the light from His throne
lit every corner of existence.
The breath from His mouth
shook the fabric of time itself.
Every living creature bowed on the golden shore
and sang a new song to the one
True King.


Hymns of the Blackest Light, Volume 1 (compilation, 20 March, 2017, Fallen Oak Recording)
Formats: CD and Bandcamp
CD is sold out
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

O, Majestic Winter - Tempest of the Great Owl 7:23, see above for lyrics
 

Lost Pathways (EP / compilation, 5 February, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)
 
Short compilation of 3 unreleased songs. They're from around the time of the "Autumn Moon" recording sessions.
"The Siege of Flaraam Tiiras was lost for around 10 years, then suddenly resurfaced.
The songs represent a little of our earlier style and a little of our more recent style. They are not 100% polished, and they tend toward a fantasy theme."
 
1) We Set Sail!
4:10, lyrics:
We set sail for distant shores!
The stars guide us tonight!
The thousand eyes of God above ocean waves!

Raise your glass!
Pass the ale!
Spirits high
as we sail!

Sheathe your swords!
Let's tell a tale!
Pass the ale!
As we sail!

The journey continues on!
Through the night and thunderous waves,
winds of victories to come power the sails of freedom!
To venture on! To battle!
To daylight!
And the storms that come!


2) The Grey Ships of Salvation
8:09, lyrics:
Isaiah 59:1,2,3,11,15,20

And now...
The dawn of our departure has come.
A hidden truth draws ever nearer...

The last ship to leave our homeland behind.

The waves caress the ship...
Sunlight warms my pallid face.
We look to the horizon, to the land of our Father.
And on this blessed day we will rest forever.


3) The Siege of Flaraam Tiiras
10:13, lyrics:
The Mustering of Aldarin:
Call to arms! We ride into the west!
We ride to take back our lands.
With sword and spear we will ride to take back our lands!
Into the west! Into the west!
Bring your sword! Bring your spear!
Bring your faith and strength!

Onward:
On the horizon, the Evil Queen awaits!
The desolate ground will taste her blood.
Prepare to ride into the nightfall... and war!
Through the land of our fathers we ride.
Meadows and hills tremble beneath us.
The wind urges us onward. The battle is at hand.
Now the landscapes darken as we proceed.
Take heart and ride bravely men. Evil is upon us.
And now the gates...
What is this? What is this?

Gates of Sorrow:
Sorrow grasps our throats.
What is this nightmare? Oh God, save us...
The dead sleep below. In darkness they roam.
Through the gates of sorrow we waltz.
We waltz for them...

Today, men, is the day of battle.
Too long have these foul beasts plagued our homeland.
Too long has their queen sat upon the throne,
mocking the very strength of our heart.
Do not let your blades go unquenched
with the black blood of our enemies.
Call on your strongest faith.
Put a glittering shield upon your heart.
Fight for the glory of the King of Kings! For life and victory!
For today, my friends, is the day of battle!
We march!

Charge! Let sword break upon their flesh!
Splintered shields and blood of the damned cover the ground!
Show them death and the hellgate beneath!
There will be no mercy for the eyes of red!
Death shall be your only release!
This is your end!
This is your demise!

I sense the spirit of the evil one nearing...
Our men tremble but stand strong.
The red death of our land reveals her. She is a terror to behold.
And now we face the fear of these long years.

Why have you come here?
This madness and bloodshed ends here!
What powers have you that can stop my fury?
Halt your words, cursed queen! For we carry the light of the Skymaker!
Your Skymaker died on a hill such as this! Your light is folly!
Enough! How dare you mock the creator! Your reign ends on our blades!
Fools! My wrath will descend upon you like a thundering plague! Die! Die!
In the name of the Skymaker! At last you will taste death in its final form!

We are victorious!
Victorious!




Gloaming (EP / album, 21 April, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) A Pale Light...
3:27 (birds chirping)

2) Hand's Hollow
4:53, lyrics:
Jesus... God among us...
Jesus...

Our souls are groaning and twisting,
our hearts leeched again.
Drag me into the ground.
Drag me down.
Drag me with those Hands...
Oh God, drag me down.

Oh God, the hollows...


3) Decrease
1:53, lyrics:
Strip away.
Decrease me. Decrease me.
(Gather me)
I am dispersed like dust.
Revive me, for I am withered like scorched earth.
I am bound to this mortal flesh,
and none but Spirit can free me.
Free me...
Ancient One...
Everlasting One...

Free me.
Free me.


4) Psalm of Eventide
4:46, lyrics:
Day dissolves.
The shroud of night descends.
The starry host shines welcome.
A forest fortress, the peace of nature's calm.

Maker, You are to be praised!
The day and night are but Your splendor!
Enthroned in majesty,
all creation is Yours.


5) Despairium Part 2
3:32, lyrics:
A dawn sky hovers below.
A rising veil of joy.
Rain falls and waters the land.
We fall on our knees, prostrate on the ground.
Hopeful with sight, we praise the Love
that saved our hearts within.
The trees raise their hands.
They cry out, for this land
is a vacant tomb (a garden),
cleansing and renewed.
No sorrow exists in the Light.
My body was born in a grave,
but I shall not return.
Alive and triumphant in death.

Jesus Christ, the keeper of men's souls.
Father, we seek Your hand...


6) Dreadbridge
2:26, lyrics:
The barricades have broken.
The crushing depths have found us gasping...
Our last breath cast without a second left to pass...
A hand of shade reaches...

The shadows deepen, but a pale light lingers.
This wretched shade grasps at our hope
and threatens to overtake us.
Thoughts consume, dread persists.

Yet the light of Salvation...


7) Tears in the Forest Part 3
4:43, lyrics:
The forest is now my final home.
As the trees attach to my bones,
my flesh becomes loam...


8) ...Lingers
2:32, instrumental






_________________________________________
Miscellaneous stuff:
Left:  Larger, but blurrier, artwork for the debut
Right: Old, unused "O Majestic Winter" logo
(Note to self, upload some scans.)

No comments: