WILLOW MOUNT

^ Old logo ....... v New logo


BAND NAME: Willow Mount
GENRE: Depressive Unblack / Doom Metal
STATUS: Split-up
LOCATION: USA (Rover, Tennessee)

Formed in 2008. I don't know when they split up, but apparently Max joined in 2011, so it was after that point (somewhere between 1 May 2011, and 5 May 2012, according to Metal Archives reports.)

Lineup:
Matthew Plunkett - Vocals, Keyboards
Max - Vocals, Guitars, Drums

Past members:
Zack Plunkett - Vocals, Guitars

Links:

Discography:


Demo (May, 2009, label unknown)
Format unknown

Mentioned on Myspace; also mentioned on Spirit of Metal.

1) In the Forest of Sorrow
2) The Tragic Struggle 1:59

This track is also listed on Myspace, but isn't assigned to an album. Did it also appear on the demo, or..?
Beneath Frozen Waters 2:45



Vanitas (album)

November, 2009, Sullen Records, CD-R + Download, limited 250 copies, sold out
26 January, 2015, SkyBurnsBlack Records, Bandcamp

Guest appearances:
Crystal Boyce - Writing (track 3)

Note: There was previously an image on MA that was sort of discolored. The image used on Sullen's old website has the same coloration as the image above, so it appears the "discolored" version (which I've since lost) was never actually used for anything.

Note: I just noticed the Sullen version lacks the album title on the cover. Anyone know why? Was that variant actually used on the album?

For some reason, track 1 is called "Before My Cold Breath" on SkyBurnsBlack.

For the record, the link mentioned in the album layout no longer works.

1) Before My Cold Death
00:51, lyrics:
And so my final hour of sorrow arrives
It’s presence harsh
Like the cold ash I consume
My lungs start to fail
I breathe my last...
No...there is light
I can see it through the black fog
If I could just...


2) Shadow Ash
2:26, lyrics:
Alone I watch the petals fall one by one
As the rain beats down on the chapel roof
The memory of You quietly collects dust
The answers are somewhere within
But I watch and listen hoping for a voice
We had so much, now I am lost
Like sheep without a Sheppard
I wander on
Searching...waiting for You


3) Kingdom of the Night Owl
3:16, lyrics:
Falling into darkness
Waking into a mystical dream
With wings of death
Comes the night owl
Watching from above
Trapped like field mice
My heart beats fast
“Run! Run! Run!”
The forest comes alive
Stumbling through the forest creek, I fall
Only to see my night owl before me
I stand to my feet
Only to watch
My greatest Kingdom unfold


4) Mountaincloud
2:37, lyrics:
I see the Mountaincloud
Far beyond the distance
The light shines through the sky
Beyond the Mountaincloud
I know the Heavens wait for me
My Father calls my name
He calls my name
Beyond the Mountaincloud

5) Fire Within These Scars
2:33, lyrics:
As I face these days
Of never ending turmoil
I find myself dying each day
My fragile mind can only take so much
Will I die, will I live?
No! His love is stronger than that
As I face these weakened days
My only hope is Him
Give me strength o, Lord
I desperately call out Your name
This world has robbed me of my faith
And now I want it back
Now we see how fragile our minds are
We must break this bond
Which keeps us here
We see this test, we hear Your call


6) Vanitas
1:30, instrumental

7) In the Forest of Sorrow
2:17, lyrics:
I am so lost, I gave my heart
Only to take it back
And so I walk this forest alone
Remembering what I did to You
The leaves fall upon me
As sorrow’s grip subsides
The breeze catches my face
And draws it towards the sky
The clouds depart (I see Your Face)


8) Beyond Closed Doors
2:08, lyrics:
This door is locked and I am inside
Dwelling on thoughts of death
Searching for strength
That I will never find
I remember the pain You took
I know it was greater than mine
But I need answers
I need to hear Your voice
What have I endured compared to You
You died
So I wouldn't have to go through this
The blade drops to the floor as I stand
I eagerly walk toward the door
As it opens I am given a new sight
Remembrance consumes my soul


9) Upon Night's Creation
2:10, lyrics:
The night shines
Over the grasslands
From the stars above
Nature surrounds the area
With the shady trees
And the night’s mist
The fields of grassland move
With the night’s wind
Leaves clatter up high in the trees
Creatures remain hidden
The water within the creek moves
As the fish follow its path
For here is a peaceful night
That the Lord has created


10) Lost in Illusion
3:01, instrumental

11) Through Darkened Eyes
3:26, lyrics:
I am darker than black
See the scorn upon my face
Black blood runs through these veins
Lustful temptation is in my eyes
And I am staring straight at You
But Your eyes are staring into mine
I turn away
I fall to the floor
Why, why? Why Father why?
I am so weak... 


Death Refrained, Death Unborn (EP)

23 November, 2010, UMS Records (RIPOFF LABEL), CD-R, (???) copies, sold out
26 January, 2015, SkyBurnsBlack Records, Bandcamp

At least 50 copies exist of the Unblack Metal Scene version.

1) Ascending Awake
00:48, instrumental

2) Dark Illusions
3:26

3) When the Sun Spills Silence
3:04

4) From Depths, He Rose
1:51, instrumental

5) Deluded Path of Truth
3:12

6) Sorrowswept
1:38, instrumental



MISCELLANEOUS SONGS
- Of Mortal and Eternal Flame 3:30 (alt link here)









________________________
IncompletePage, SimilarTo
1) Lyrics for "Death Refrained, Death Unborn" and "Demo". 2) More info about "Demo"; a lot of stuff is missing. 3) Track length for "In the Forest..." on "Demo". Was it the same exact recording as on the album, or is it a different one? 4) What did Crystal write on "Kingdom of the Night Owl"? The entire song? Just the lyrics?


Similar to: [SECULAR] Sanctus Daemoneon, Зуун Acre Мод, Requiem Aeternam (Rus), [CHRISTIAN] Winterkou / Jordskaelv, Eunagelion, Erasmus, Animae Capronii, Cryptic Rising, Phanerosis, (add more later)

5 comments:

Coleiosis said...

Another mystery to solve would be why "Before My Cold Death" is somehow named "Before My Cold BREATH" for the SkyBurnsBlack release.

Nocturnal Iridescence said...

Hadn't even noticed. I added a note about it now, thanks!

Coleiosis said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkKmOdSZYZk

This song of theirs is called "Of Mortal And Eternal Flame". I found it it on ReverbNation and uploaded it on YouTube. As the description says, I don't know when it was recorded or what it was specifically for, unless it was one of those loose singles.

Nocturnal Iridescence said...

Added, thanks! I can't find a ReverbNation page for these guys though. Have a link?

Coleiosis said...

https://www.reverbnation.com/willowmount