COLDREALM

NOTE: There are a few people online with the username "Coldrealm", the same as the artist name I originally used for this project. They are unrelated to this project, and vice versa!


BAND NAME: Coldrealm
GENRE: Unblack Ambient / "Winter Synth"
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: Unknown (early), USA (now)

Years active:
2012 - 2014
2018 - present

Started as a secular project in early-mid 2012. Became more "Christian-influenced" over time, until I fully left behind my occult beliefs in 2014 and ended the project. Originally I planned to continue it, but decided to leave it behind instead. Restarted, still as a Christian project, in November 2018.

Lineup:
Nocturnal Iridescence (formerly "Coldrealm") - All instruments, Vocals

Discography:

Non-Christian release:
Into Freezingness, demo, 2013


† Cellphone Recordings † (compilation, 6 November, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

A compilation of the songs I record on my cellphone until I get a new, proper recorder.

These tracks were uploaded 20 November, 2018.

See "Winter Contemplation" for lyrics.

5) Coldrealm - A New Walk in Coldness, Now Guided by God's Hand 8:23
6) Coldrealm - God-Given Clarity in Snow 1:05, instrumental
7) Coldrealm - Snowstorm Reflection 4:19
8) Coldrealm - Alive in Trials 4:15
9) Coldrealm - Ice Shelves in Cold Wind 1:23



Winter Contemplation (EP, 6 January, 2019, Blackened Label Records)
Format: CD

Also stream on YouTube (OFFICIAL)

1) Intro
00:27, instrumental

2) A New Walk in Coldness, Now Guided by God's Hand
8:23, lyrics:
The cold chills my skin
Under this blizzard
Wind blows through the night
Through the ever-bare trees

Howls from the mountains
In (?) my soul
As the embittered cold
Brings this isolation

... Isolation

Pagans worship the created darkness
And the Creator rejects their words
Spirits imitate this art form
The night rejects them all

... Rejects them all

Let darkness conquer their wicked shadows
Beautify the cold air, remove their cultic dark
Capture them in holiness of winter contemplation
And leave this landscape dedicated to God

God, blow these winds
Restore order
Below the frozen moon
Give holiness and guidance to me

Holiness to all who walk this isolated path
Seeking in the purity and bitterness
The truth...

Truth...

Let this coldness
And darkness
Yield divine contemplation
That brings souls
Back to You
Cleanse the spiritual darkness
With this physical darkness
And bring the (?)
To others


3) God-Given Clarity in Snow
1:05, Instrumental

4) Snowstorm Reflection
4:19, lyrics:
Maybe I was mistaken those years...
Seeking isolation, my misanthropy...
My sensory perception...
And seeking different paths through the darkness...
Maybe what I wanted all those years...
Though I would have never admitted it to myself...
Was to contemplate the divine
Under a warm-frozen snowfall...

Seeking a relationship with the holy divine
As the idols spoke lies
You spoke divine


5) Alive in Trials
4:15, lyrics:
God
Take me away from worldly comfort
Take me away from escapism
Take me away from this plague
That tortures my conscience

I have had enough of comfort
There is only one comfort
In hardship
"The Lord punishes those He loves,"
(Hebrews 12:6)
Testing us "in the furnace of affliction.
" (Isaiah 48:10)
Refine me like gold

Leave me shiver in this cold
Let me slide, down on this ice
Leave me hanging on the edge of this mountainside
For as long as You will

Let me grow
In righteousness
Let Your grace
Let Your tests
Once again
Be my true escape


6) Ice Shelves in Cold Wind
1:23, lyrics:
He sends out His command to the earth.
His word runs swiftly.
He scatters the snow like wool
He scatters the frost like ashes.

(Psalm 147:15-16)



Men Han drog sig tilbake til øde steder og var der i bønn (single, 24 September, 2019, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Also stream on YouTube (OFFICIAL)

Track 2 is technically labeled "Men Han drog sig tilbake til øde ... (Instrumental)" on Bandcamp, but that's just to abbreviate the title a bit. The artwork without the logo and album title, is the image used for track 2 on Bandcamp.

1) Men Han drog sig tilbake til øde steder og var der i bønn
9:14, lyrics:
Wandering alone
In these cold shadows
Snow blows by
Over the mountains
The hundreds of layers are like fog
Obscuring this place

Away from mankind, rat races, occultism
Only the Triune and I

Trees, caverns
Snow, ice
Mountains, rocks
Wind, cold

A hooded figure walks, with a cross on its neck...


2) Men Han drog sig tilbake til øde steder og var der i bønn
9:14, instrumental
 

 Demo 2021 (5 March, 2021, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)
 
 1) Bitterness - Snowstorm - Prayer
3:14, lyrics:
Mankind's society has never felt like a home to me
Truly "in the world but not of it", I fellowship with the wildlife
The quietness of winter echoes our silent hymn
In sincerity, I contemplate and worship He who created all things

Lord, in all this, I seek to obey Your commandments.
Guide me ever closer to Your will.
Wherever I go, let Your will be done in me.

Gloria in frigidis Christo!


2) Guide Me Through This Cold Desert
4:01, instrumental
 
 
 

__________________________
ArtistConfirmed, NotOnMA, SimilarTo

Promo pic from Blackened Label:
 
 
Similar to: [SECULAR] Paysage d'hiver, Coldworld, Arkhtinn, Winternacht, Nargul, Battle Dagorath, Llyn y Cwn, Razorwind, [CHRISTIAN] Lidian Forest, With Fire, Sacred Forests, Lord of the Night, early Betheos Abshalom, Unevil Hopes, Grim Priest, Old Path, Thaddaios, Eternal Fire, Fathomage, Dark Woods

No comments: