ALMAGOR (Chile)

NOTE: Not to be confused with other bands also named "Almagor" from Argentina and Venezuela!


^ Old logo ..................... v New logo



BAND NAME: Almagor
GENRE: Symphonic/Melodic Unblack Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: Chile (Valdivia)

Years active:
2000 - 2007 Celestial Armor
2007 - present Almagor

Contact:
almagorbandchile [AT] gmail [DOT] com

Lineup:
Cristian M. - Vocals, Guitars
Luis D. - Vocals, Guitars
Jonathan D. - Vocals, Bass
Felipe S. - Keyboards
Esteban S. - Drums

Links:
Facebook
ReverbNation
SoundClick
Twitter
Myspace
Myspace @ archive.org

Discography:
NOTE: In addition to the discography below, they also have a song called "Selah", not yet released on anything.


(artwork
not
available)

Sorg - White Metal Compilation Vol. IV (NOT SURE IF LEGIT, possibly 21 November, 2008??)

In the files of the Lord Nazarenum compilation, as being taken from "Sorg - White Metal Compilation Vol. IV"., this song in particular being listed as track #12 on that comp. The file has a date of 21 November, 2008. Is this legit? Was there a fourth volume of these Sorg compilations??

12) Almagor - Mighty Elyon 4:41



Diminishing Diabolical Strongholds Volume 3 (compilation, 2011, Unblack Metal Scene Records (RIPOFF LABEL))
Format: CD-R

SUPPOSEDLY released 6 September, but I'm not sure.

2) Almagor - Undeserved Grace 4:17


Bandas Holy Unblack Metal de Chile (compilation, NOT SURE IF OFFICIAL)

11 January, 2012, Lord Nazarenum Records / Christian Productions, MegaUpload, link expired
10 October, 2012, Lord Nazarenum Records / Christian Productions, Mediafire

14) Almagor - Mighty Elyon 4:41

(artwork
not
available)

Invested with Immortality (album, UNRELEASED)

Planned sometime before "From the Agony ..." but wasn't released. Currently not sure if the band still plans to release this album or not?

??) Chains in Flames



From the Agony to the Battle (demo/EP)

Top:
Left: 13 April, 2015, Martyrdom Records (RIP-OFF LABEL), CD
Right: 18 September, 2015, Metal Survivor, CD, limited 200 copies
Bottom:
Left: 17 December, 2018, Warriors Records, Cassette, limited 33 copies
Right: ???

For the cassette version, tracks 1-5 are on Side A, and tracks 6-10 are on Side B.

1) Miserere
00:39, lyrics unknown

2) Spirit of the Blackest Shadows
4:57, lyrics:
A shadow's rising
The air is frozen
An atmosphere of darkness
And fear fills my soul
The blackest spirit is coming
The oldest known story
He feel from Heaven
He lost the ancient war
Now wants a vengeance
Once he was my lord
Once I fought for him
My life was full of hate
My black mind felt in hell
When I think in my past
I know inside of me
That I can't go on anymore
In sadness, pan and lies
King of blackest spirits
My life lost in him
Infernal words that stole my heart
The pain of being betrayed
Insane fear in my eyes
I'm walking on nothing
My weak spirit dies
While the Hell is waiting
Spirit of blackest shadows
My life I gave for him
Will I be able to live?
Can anyone save my life?
Suddenly from somewhere
Faraway in the sky
A fast light shining I can see
Will this light be my last chance?
O faraway light
Have mercy on me
The shadows are killing
My agonizing last breath


3) The Fury of the Storm
5:41, lyrics:
Threatening winds
Breaking illusions
Can you smell my death?
In the middle of the night
The darkest presence
Is calling my name
Blackest clouds
Cover the sky
Agony represses my courage
My heart screams
But my mind is still fighting
Cause I have a hope to fight
In darkness I lived
Its torment I felt
I know that's strong
His mighty storm
The storm is here
His dark furious power
Against my strength
I will not surrender
Its fury, like an army of thunders
Breaks the silence of my fear
My eyes can't believe
This amazing sample of hate
Every time that I breathe
I know that death is closer
The battle in my mind
Is the bloodiest fight
When I hear his infernal voice
Calling me again
Offering to save my life
In exchange for my soul
I remember the Light
And I claim: "O Light,
Where is Your presence?"
The Light: "I am the LORD, and there is no other,
Besides Me there is no God.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me." (Isaiah 45:5)


4) Scream in the Silence
6:45, lyrics:
Psalm 38:21-22
O Lord do not forsake me
Be not far from me, o my God
Come quickly to help me

O Lord my Savior, o Jesus my God,
Hordes from Satan attack now to my mind
Behold my life is destroyed,
I see my die,
Father God please return to my heart
I can't see You glory, open my eyes

Psalm 86:1-4
Hear, o Lord, and answer me,
For I am poor and needy
Guard my life, for I am devoted to You
You are my God; save Your servant
Who trust in You.
Have mercy on me, o Lord,
For I call to You all day long
Bring joy to Your servant
For to you, o Lord,
I lift up my soul.

Psalm 35:1-3
Contend, o Lord, with those contend with me
Fight against those who fight me
Take up shield and buckler
Arise and come to my aid
Brandish spear and javelin
Against those who pursue me

O Lord do not forsake me
Be not far from me, o my God,
Come quickly to help me
O Lord my Savior, o Jesus my God

Psalm 40:1-3
I waited patiently for the Lord;
He turned to me and heard my cry
He lifted me out of the slimy pit
Out of the mud and mire
He set my feet on a rock
And gave me a firm place to stand
He put a new song in my mouth
A hymn of praise to God


5) In Battle Again
4:18, lyrics:
Time to lift up my arms
To enter in the battle that I fled from
The weight of my conscience tortures me
And my spirit burns
I look toward the sky and I say
"I've sinned against my Lord,
Will God have mercy on me?"
It's then when I remember
That my forgotten sword
Had the answers
Right there, abandoned, all this time
It kept intact their double-edged blade
My eyes go over every part of it
But contemplating doesn't satiate me
To see every detail of this precious weapon
Forged by my Master
And I get ready to use it
Suddenly I realize
That my armour is still incomplete
Is when in a dirty corner
I can see my shield
I must to carry its fortress
To stay in battle
I'm ready now
With a new disposition
With a renewed being
I know, inside of me
The victory will be mine
The sword gives me the power
And shield, security
I can feel a dark atmosphere comes closer
I'm ready to fight
I need to arrive to the front of the battle
And assure the triumph
I am the old warrior
That comes to battle again
Now knowing that His presence is with me
I am free from certain death
I can proclaim victory
My Lord has won the battle!
I can fight the good fight
He gave me another opportunity
I'm once again free
Giving my entire life
For the Holy Cause
And finally get the precious prize


6) The March of the Victorious
3:40, instrumental

BONUS TRACKS
7) Fall of Man (Vaakevandring cover) (live)
4:19

8) Old Times Cruelty (Antestor cover) (live)
3:09

9) Son of God (Renascent cover) (live)
4:28

10) Someday (Vaakevandring cover) (live)
3:39


All Things Christian Extreme Metal Volume 1 (compilation, 1 November, 2016, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

9) Almagor - Undeserved Grace 4:17


Compilado de Rock Kanuto Chileno 3 (compilation, 6 July, 2018, Chile Kanutos Rock)
Format: Digital / Mediafire
Download (OFFICIAL)

32) Almagor - Undeserved Grace 4:17


 
Southern Voices from Heaven - Compilation Vol. 1 (December, 2018, Subterránea Records)
Format: CD

??) Almagor - Mighty Elyon 4:41







______________________________________________________
IncompletePage, CouldUseBetterImages, NeedsScriptureReferences, SimilarTo
INFO:
1) Lyrics for "Mighty Elyon"? 2) Info on Sorg - White Metal Compilation Vol. IV?? 3) Is "Invested with Immortality" still in the works? 4) Where did the bottom-right artwork for "From the Agony ..." come from? Which version was it used for?
IMAGES:
1) Both logos are decent size/quality, but could be better. 2) Anyone have a more up-to-date (and larger) band photo? 3) All of the orange-colored artwork for "From the Agony ..." could use higher-res / higher-quality images.

Also, note to self: Upload some scans.


Similar to: [SECULAR] Sirius, Covenant (Nor), Dragonlord, Syn Ze Șase Tri, Grok (CO/US), Astral Winter, [CHRISTIAN] Antestor, Vaakevandring, Edengard, (add more later)

No comments: