INCARNATE DEITY

NOTE: Not to be confused with a secular band of the same name.
 


BAND NAME: Incarnate Deity
GENRE: Symphonic Death/Black Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: South Africa (Randburg, Gauteng)

Lineup:
Alec "Zerachiel" Larsen - All instruments, Vocals


Discography:
Plaguebearer (single)

21 April, 2020, Independent, YouTube
30 June, 2020, Christian Metal Underground, YouTube

1) Plaguebearer 4:15, see below for lyrics

This image has been resized.
To view the original 2200x2000 res, click [here].


Theodicy (album, 14 August, 2020, Christian Metal Underground)
Formats: CD and Bandcamp
Buy the CD (OFFICIAL)
Stream/Download (OFFICIAL)

Note: It seems there are 2 different graphics for the CD.
I don't know if the left one ended up not being used?

1) Darkest Night
1:26, instrumental

2) Plaguebearer
4:16, lyrics:
Oppressed and trodden down
Suffering for a foreign crown
Desert air stealing our breath
Only hope for relief is death

Pharaoh, we curse your name
Whips crack our backs
Our pain should be your shame

Let my people... go!

Raised as one of your own
Only way you could be overthrown
Saw one of yours beating my kin
And executed him for his sin

Pharaoh, I gave you a choice
Let us go
But you ignored my voice

I am the breaker of chains
I am the freer of slaves
The plaguebearer
Plaguebearer
Plaguebearer
Plaguebearer

First there was blood
Then rushing tides of pests like a flood
Pestilence, disease and storms
Darkness and death of first borns

Pharaoh, you were warned
Death of your son
Because of the people you scorned

Let my people go
Let my people go!


3) Valley of Dry Bones
3:47, lyrics:
Dry bones, hear my voice
Laying there is your choice
Get up, with life breathed in
Moved by tendons, sealed by skin

Here in the valley of dry bones
Dead kings lie without their thrones
There's paupers too, having starved to death
But I breathe life, an eternal breath

Dry bones, in the desert sun
Waiting for the one

Here in the valley of dry bones
Dead kings lie without their thrones
There's paupers too, having starved to death
But I breathe life, an eternal breath

Dry bones, of faith so small
Unbeliever - evil's thrall
Serpent, in the dust
Wasted life: a wrongful trust
In the valley of dry bones
Death is echoed by countless groans


4) Legionnaire of Degradation
 track length unknown, lyrics:
High up on your pedestal of lies
A loveless faith your poor disguise
Perfection is what you strive to reflect
But your heart is derelict
Defilers of faith
Purveyors of hate
You take all that's beautiful about His love
Your self-righteous filth is not from above
Judge not lest you be judged
Judge not lest you be judged as a...
Legionnaire of degradation


5) Akeldama
3:03, lyrics:
Field of blood

There is no absolute truth but meaning inferred
You cannot hang on every word
You cannot say everything is literally true
Or do paradoxes mean nothing to you?

I challenge you to read, to think, to interpret
I challenge you to read, to think, to interpret

Are you a mindless robot,
A vacant machine?

The field of blood is where these thoughts began
If it's literal, explain the two deaths of one man

Judas, how did you die?
Judas, how did you die?

I beg you to think
I beg you to question
It's not being faithless, but being mindful


6) No Quarter
3:33, partial lyrics:
You pressed on and fought
Submitted to nought
You gave it no quarter
For almost two years
Through pain and through tears
What love
What love through the pain
Through loss and gain
Great were the mercies
But now you're at peace
Though you left such a crease
On this world
Champion to me
Now you are free
You lived
(?) loved (?)
Leader and friend
You fought to the end
Thank you
What courage you showed
And the love overflowed
No better a father
Caused angels to weep
When you fell asleep
Goodbye
Submitted to nought
Gave it no quarter
No quarter
Though times may be tough
You showed me the stuff
A man is made of
Inspiration to all
I wait for my call
And I will answer
Submitted to nought
Gave it no quarter
No quarter
No better a father


7) Stygian Oppression
3:44, partial lyrics:
Will the sun ever rise again
I'm tired of the darkness
Theodicy's my quandary
Where's my guidance tonight
If God is so loving
Then why is this my plight
I feel even worse because
Compared to others, my pain is small
Sometimes I wonder
If there's even a God at all
Can you relate?
Does suffering make you irate?
Can you relate?
The fall of man
Seems like an excuse
Cause it feels like a dice roll
Decides who gets the
(?)
You're allowed to feel this way
Righteous anger is the order of the day
God, help me
Understand your ways
Theodicy
Coming to terms with grief
Theodicy
A trial of belief
If you feel the same
There's no need for shame
Share your pain
And come back again


8) Finis Noctis
4:53, lyrics:
As the sun begins to rise
Hope erodes these murderous skies
I know that pain is at an end
Because of the embrace of my best friend
Remove the clouds from my worried soul
Part the oceans and make me whole
Remove the smog from my lonesome soul
Move the mountains and make me whole
I no longer endure the flame
Someone else has donned my shame
A bloodied rag that is made new
A filthy road washed by the dew
Restore my sight
Remove this blight
End of night
Through the Lord of light
A bloodied rag that is made new
Part the oceans
Move the mountains
Part the oceans
Move the mountains
And make me whole
End of night
Through the Lord of light







______________________________
IncompletePage
If anyone can help fill in the missing lyrics in track 6, let me know. Thanks!

No comments: