BISMOTH

Thanks to Jethro for helping me with this entry!




BAND NAME: Bismoth
GENRE: Unblack Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: South Africa (Johannesburg) (early), USA (now)

Lineup:
Jethro (Be Not Betrayed, ex-Begotten Plagues, etc) - All instruments, Vocals

Links:
Bandcamp
Facebook
ReverbNation
Deezer
iHeartRadio

Discography:

 .
Demo (2012, Independent)
Format: Digital
.
1) Psalm 100
2:39
.
2) God Forgives
2:41, lyrics:
God can forgive you, you just have to listen, you're not lost yet, hear my call. 
God can forgive you, you just have to listen, you're not lost, hear my call.


The Road (EP, 25 January, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Jethro's comments on this EP:
"The Road is a journey we all take, but what we take with us differs from each person. Rather than a road to nothing, let it be a road that leads to something good. This recording was made to be the travelers music guiding them to God. An underground black metal sound with raw landscapes off the wide beaten path to narrow road that leads to righteousness." [1]

1. The Road
6:23, lyrics taken from Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet waters,

He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for His name’s sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil,
for You are with me;
Your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
forever.

2. To Righteousness
4:37, lyrics taken from Psalm 1:
Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,

but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on His law day and night.

That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.

Not so the wicked!
They are like chaff
that the wind blows away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.




Waters to Dust (single, 13 April, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

Lyrics are adapted from parts of Psalm 106.

1) Waters to Dust
4:49, lyrics:
Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare His praise?
Remember me, Lord, when You show favour to Your people, come to my aid when You save them!
We have sinned, even as our ancestors did.
Yet He saved them for His name's sake,
to make His mighty power known.
He rebuked the Red Sea
He saved them from the hand of the foe
He redeemed them
The waters covered their adversaries,
not one of them survived.
Praise the Lord
Give thanks to Him
For He is good and
His love endures forever.
Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the Lord or fully declare His praise?


This image has been resized.
To view the original 2000x2000 res, click [here].

Psalmic Peace (album, 23 May, 2018, Independent)
Format: Digital / Bandcamp
Stream / Download (OFFICIAL)

1) Waters to Dust
4:49, see above for lyrics

2) The Great Congregation
6:19, lyrics:
Vindicate me, Lord
I have trusted in You
Test me, Lord

Examine my heart
Search my mind
I rely upon You

I do not sit with the deceitful
I wash my hands in innocence
Proclaiming aloud Your praise
Telling of all Your wonderful deeds

Be merciful to me
I stand on firm ground
in the great congregation
I will praise the Lord


3) Eternity
8:08, lyrics:
You are my Lord;
Apart from You I have no good thing
Those who run after other gods
Will suffer more and more
I will not give blood to these gods
Or worship them

Lord, You alone are my portion
And my cup
You make me secure
You counsel me
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.

I shall not be shaken
You will not abandon me
To the realm of the dead
You make known to me the path of life
You fill me with joy in Your presence
With eternity at Your right hand

You make known to me the path of life
With eternity at Your right hand


4) Inner Sanctuary
1:39, instrumental

5) Perfect Peace
6:08, lyrics:
Cast all your anxiety on Him
Because He cares for you.
You will keep in perfect peace
Those whose minds are steadfast,
Because they trust in You.

Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord Himself
Is the Rock eternal.

   
6) Earth Made Still
4:24, lyrics:
You are radiant with light,
High and majestic than mountains.
The valiant lie plundered,
They sleep their last sleep
Not one of the warriors can lift his hands.

At your rebuke God of Jacob,
Both horse and chariot lie still.
It is You alone who are to be feared.

Who can stand before You when You are angry?
From Heaven pronounced judgement.

   
7) Reign
6:06, lyrics:
[Scream]

This image has been resized.
To view the original 3000x3000 res, click [here].


Body of Christ (split)

19 March, 2019, Independent, Bandcamp ([1], [2], [3])
4 July, 2019, Independent, CD

Split with Timōrātus and Symphony of Heaven.

Originally, the last track was exclusive to the CD, but was uploaded to Bandcamp on 31 December, 2019.

5) Bismoth - Anguish and Agape
9:34, lyrics:
My cry, my plea
My dying breath, take me
Alone and forgotten
The mistake begotten
I saw the King with the outstretched arm
Rescue me
Soaking wet and cold
Kept alive by one so bold
Isolation, redemption
Pain, forgiven
I lived among you
And you didn't believe
Who would die for me
Who would cry for me
The wreckage and ruin
Departed sentiment
Speech impediment
No one, no one but
Christ risen


6) Bismoth - In Christ Together
4:11, lyrics:
What, then, shall we say in response to these things
If God is for us, who can be against us
He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all
How will He not also
Along with Him
Graciously give us all things
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen
It is God who justifies
Who then is the one who condemns
No one

Christ Jesus who died
More than that
Who was raised to life
Is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ
Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword
As it is written
For Your sake we face death all day long
We are considered as sheep to be slaughtered
We are brought down
Clinging to the ground
Save us
For Your love never fails


7) Bismoth / Symphony of Heaven / Timōrātus - We Are the Body of Christ (bonus)
4:26, lyrics:
Stand strong my brothers
Stand strong my sisters
All in the mighty fortress
The Lord is our refuge and strength
His mighty hand brings us together
Together
Put on the armor of God
Mighty soldiers stand your ground
Make the enemy tremble with your battle cry
Hear our prayer Lord
We are united in Your light
Our hearts are set blaze with Your love
Lead us from our darkness
We are united in Your light
Your peace reigns to all nations
When one weeps, we comfort
When one hurts, we love
When one falls, we offer our hand
Raised up in oneness
We are the same
We are the body of Christ
Body of Christ
Like the water in the seas
We are one united
Let us purify one another
Be not ashamed
Walking in the light
Cling to the Lord
Join with the Father
Unite with the Heavenly Host
We are baptized into Your flesh, united
And resurrected in Your death
We stand as Christ's cornerstones
We are the adopted
We are the redeemed
We are the body of Christ




__________________________
SimilarTo
Similar to: [SECULAR] Dimensional Vortex, Labyrinthine, Lucifear s3x, Panopticon, Astral Luminous, [CHRISTIAN] Elgibbor, Irgalom, Dark Procession, Sanctification, (add more later)

No comments: