SACRED FORESTS




BAND NAME: Sacred Forests
GENRE: Piano / Unblack Ambient
STATUS: Unknown
LOCATION: USA

Lineup:
Nathanael Johns - All instruments, Vocals, Artwork

Links:

Discography:



Sacred Forests (album, April, 2011, Independent)
Format: CD

Since this CD was so rare, I asked my friend warbound on The Blackest Light to get a couple pictures of it. Instead, he took the time to get pictures of the CD, the packaging, AND EVERY PAGE OF the booklet! MANY thanks, dude!! Here are the pictures. Click on each one for higher res.

1) Lost
2:24, lyrics:
I see the birds
The streams, the leaves
I see an innocence that has long left me
I see beauty in its purest form

And I wonder...
And I wonder...
   Will I ever have peace?

2) The Wanderer
2:05, lyrics:
Once more I rise from rest
I wander
In emptiness I wonder
Once more I rise from rest
And I wander
In emptiness, in emptiness I wonder
If it is in vain that I wander
Somewhere between life and death
Dream and reality
Nothing is right
And nothing is wrong

I cannot leave
I cannot leave, but I cannot stay
That is why I wander


3) Into Blackness... 
 3:12, mine and warbound's guesses at the lyrics:
Into the cold
I traverse
Into the blackness
I immerse myself
Into the cold
I traverse
Into the blackness
I immerse myself
(Repeat)

4) The Swamp
1:25, lyrics:
The swamp
Shrouded in mist
Is singing a strange song
Some might call it foul
... and evil
To me the song is enchanting
It calls me before the dawn
Hauntingly
How strange you are
So rotting, so old
... and so full of life


5) Eternal Woods
2:22, lyrics:
The trees call to me
The silence speaks to me
The coldness seeps in my soul
Encompasses my heart

My heart
My heart
My heart

6) Mystical
6:24, lyrics:
One day (as fate would have it)
I stumbled across a glade
In this glade ran a mountain stream
And in this stream ran sacred water
A mist encompassed all
And a pale light illuminated
The light did not come from the sun
The light did not come from fire
The moment I entered, I knew
From the depths of my soul, I knew
That this was holy ground


The one word from my defiled tongue to describe - mystical


7) And the Mountains Didst Outpour Their Wrath
3:22, instrumental

8) Holy
3:10, lyrics:
(Zechariah 1, 14; Ezekiel 7; Amos 8; Nahum 1, 2, 3; Isaiah 23)
Disaster!
An unheard of disaster is coming
It has roused itself against you
It has come
The time has come
The day is here
There is panic, not joy
Upon the mountainside
The day is here
Outside the sword
Inside the plague
Sackcloth and hunger and chains
Terror, pit, and snare
When terror comes, they will seek peace
But they will find none
Many, many bodies flung everywhere
Silence
Who can withstand His indignation
Who can endure His fierce anger?
His wrath is poured out like fire
The rocks are shattered before Him
Hearts melt
Knees give way
Bodies tremble
Every face grows pale
Woe to the city of blood
Piles of the dead
Piles of the dead, people stumbling over corpses
Blood like dust, entrails like filth
I will cut off man from the face of the earth
Herded together like prisoners
Your flesh will rot...


(Not in the booklet, not sure if these lines are 100% right)
The dead have come in darkness
Glory to the Lord

9) Possessive Moon
4:47, lyrics:
(Please note, I am not 100% sure if these are the full, correct lyrics. Several sections are out of order in the booklet, some lines are omitted entirely, some are repeated but not listed as doing so in the booklet, etc.)

nam yb delifednu dnal siht nI
dnuorrus dna esira stirips tneicnA
luos ym hguorht stuc dniw llihc A

Walking into the nocturnal forest
A chill wind cuts through my soul
Ancient spirits arise and surround
In this land undefiled by man
A pale light illuminates
A pale light that guides
The black trees
How intimidating they seem
That they would allow me to enter this realm
A chill wind cuts through my soul
And I am genuinely frightened
Ancient spirits

Yes
Yes!
This is how it should be!

nam yb delifednu dnal siht nI
dnuorrus dna esira stirips tneicnA


10) The Desperate Desire...
3:18, lyrics:
Isaiah 59:9-10, Latin Vulgate
Propter hoc elongatum est iudicium a nobis, et non adprehendet nos iustitia. 
Expectavimus lucem, et ecce: tenebrae; splendorem, et in tenebris ambulavimus. 
Palpavimus sicut caeci parietem, et quasi absque oculis adtrectavimus. 
Inpegimus meridie quasi in tenebris; in caligosis quasi mortui. 
(Repeated various times)

11) To Gaze into the Creator's Eyes
3:08, instrumental




___________________________________
IncompletePage, NotOnMA, SimilarTo
Can anyone confirm the lyrics for "Into Blackness" and "Possessive Moon"?
 
 
Similar to: [SECULAR] Aäkon Këëtrëh, Vzaéurvbtre, Winternacht, Vinterriket, Basarabian Hills, Symbiosis (Ita), Ellylldan, Depressive Silence, Moëvöt / Moevot, Woodstone, Forest Moonless, [CHRISTIAN] Coldrealm, Lord of the Night, Dvale / Taakeland, Lidian Forest, early Betheos Abshalom, Grim Priest, Hargen, 

No comments: